Thread: New Units?

New Units?

We have all become accustomed to this Gree obsession of constantly creating new units, but this has now taken a new twist - supposedly "new" units which are just old existing units with a different name.

Yeah it is getting pretty old. The current one is a Sagittarius with a rarity change. Actually it could be useful if it is a long range variant but these CM units go in the elite chest only for a week so odds are you can only get one of them (if you get one at all) which is all anyone typically wants cause the only good they do is give the cm bonus. I just wish there was a different way to get the cm bonus rather than flood us with tons of new units that look like the old ones and that we couldn't ever max out anyway even if we really wanted them.

I dont even do these events anymore, I log on, get daily rewards, and most mondays I get to 100K and grab a few gold keys. I then wait till epic chance, open 10, and begin crying, over... and over... and over again.

Its one thing if Gree wants to do this for the CM units - I can understand Gree creating a "new" unit that is essentially good for one invasion in order to get some bonus points. My problem is that the rewards for this invasion are also just renamed old units: Clotho=Cinna and Atropus=Laches. They appear to be the exact same units (e.g., same look; same stats) with different names. This is just plain lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by paigesfury View Post
    Its one thing if Gree wants to do this for the CM units - I can understand Gree creating a "new" unit that is essentially good for one invasion in order to get some bonus points. My problem is that the rewards for this invasion are also just renamed old units: Clotho=Cinna and Atropus=Laches. They appear to be the exact same units (e.g., same look; same stats) with different names. This is just plain lazy.
    That is exactly right. It was mainly those two prize units that you mention that prompted me to start this Thread. And I have noticed the same sort of thing happening to prizes in some other recent Events. Rather than offer the original units, so that we might be able to promote or even max up, they brazenly just change the name so as to dilute everything.

There are lots of little things like this that they do within the game - little cheats to tilt the odds against us - and they seem to assume that we are all so stupid that we won't notice. It just undermines the integrity of the game and diminishes the reputation of Gree.

Didn't even look at the prizes. Don't really care much for UR anymore with Epics now. I just need the Epic chopper then I won't have any slots left for UR anymore. I never remotely get close to finishing events either so why bother looking at them but yeah you guys are right that is pretty stupid that they are reusing those as well.