Gold sale gave an unfair advantage

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold sale gave an unfair advantage

Lurker
    Post Count

Gold sale gave an unfair advantage

Gree has a gold sale at the beginning of the war offering packs for $5/$20/$40/$60/$80. After many people took advantage of this sale gree changes it making it cost $20/$40/$50/$70/$80. They have really created an unfair advantage for some people and not offering this to everyone! Please fix this!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Everyone that was in has equal access, sales are always limited time events

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It was suppose to be the length of this wd. But gree changed it. My thinking is they wanted to get so high on the top grossing apps when that happened they changed the prices

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Everyone that was in has equal access, sales are always limited time events
    Not all had access as it was not available for more then a couple hours
    Last edited by Sir1; 05-15-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Post Count
    I was just about to buy some but the bait and switch is as good as ever.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir1 View Post
    Not all had access as it was not available for more then a couple hours
    They quit the sell because it was a glitch. $5 for 280 gold was better than bonus. It was essentially 75% off. People good at math always win.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Knater56 View Post
    They quit the sell because it was a glitch. $5 for 280 gold was better than bonus. It was essentially 75% off. People good at math always win.
    I get that but it doesn't make it fair for the people who are in other time zones or actually work. What I'm saying is now many are playing at a disadvantage because gree messed up yet again

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    not sure how long the price in question was on. but the sale has been on for almost a week before wd.. I don't remember seeing a 20 tag on teir 1 so I am thinking that everyone had a week before gree caught the glitch(error).. if you didn't catch it sorry hell I didn't catch it in time to do near what I wanted.. but you gotta pay attention if you want the shot at it.. same can be said for any mistake that gree makes.. its always a limited time thing

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by good gawd noooo View Post
    not sure how long the price in question was on. but the sale has been on for almost a week before wd.. I don't remember seeing a 20 tag on teir 1 so I am thinking that everyone had a week before gree caught the glitch(error).. if you didn't catch it sorry hell I didn't catch it in time to do near what I wanted.. but you gotta pay attention if you want the shot at it.. same can be said for any mistake that gree makes.. its always a limited time thing
    The previous sale was for La Pisana Fields, this one started at the beginning of WD. The op is correct that the prices changed. But gree screwed up offering that much gold for that low of a price. They screwed up, and some were able to purchase it before they corrected the pricing. But I doubt they will return the prices. Making more money in pixel sales was never their goal. They like making more for selling less, than making more for giving more. I mean, it's not like there's a true value on game gold, is there?

Post Count
    gree dont care if the game is fair or not as long as their pockets keep getting filled. im sure u all have figured that out by now..
    Retired to free playing

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I get that but it doesn't make it fair for the people who are in other time zones or actually work. What I'm saying is now many are playing at a disadvantage because gree messed up yet again

Are you saying that people that bought the gold don't actually work? Thats kind of messed up

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Wolf View Post
    Are you saying that people that bought the gold don't actually work? Thats kind of messed up
    Read into that however you want... Fact is people got an unfair advantage by this and gree needs to do something about it

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Read into that however you want... Fact is people got an unfair advantage by this and gree needs to do something about it
    they did they stopped the error and fixed it... dude this is no different then any other programming mistake and or glitch those that notice first benefit.. I have missed a ton of them most have and I have gotten some just in time.. expecting them to give everyone free gold or make it up some other way is unrealistic

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Who said it was an error? Maybe, maybe not. Kmart had blue light specials when I was a kid, and you had better buy it before that blue light got switched off too. They announced ove the speakers, so if you wernt in the store, too bad. Same thing here, that kind of sale is probably older than I am. It's like the Black Friday soecials. By the way, why isn't everyone on at the start of WD?

Lurker
    Post Count
    You obviously bought some or you would be pissed too. Anyone who has spent money on this game to see someone get gold at a much cheaper rate would be just as pissed off as I am