Thread: K&D no more?

Hybrid View

K&D no more?

So GREE has ceased all operations out of Vancouver, including all titles coming out of there. As I've read in the past, this would be one of them, no?

http://product.gree.net/us/blog/764/...drew-sheppard/

Today, we take the next difficult step in this journey to once again become a global gaming powerhouse in the West. Effective immediately, GREE International is shutting down our office in Vancouver, Canada and discontinuing the development of all mobile games from that studio. After evaluating market conditions and the needs of our current and future games, we have decided to focus our talent on building new gameplay within our biggest franchises and on elevating our commitment to service excellence. We will also continue to invest in operating our games in Europe, which means post launch that we will be offering EU-hosted marketing, gameplay and live events for the region. And, in the background, we will be methodically preparing ourselves to invest in a new generation of mobile hits - more on that to come in the future.

I want to personally thank the GREE team in Vancouver. It has been an honor and a pleasure to work with you here. I wish that our journey together could continue, but I take solace in knowing that you will see success in the future. Please don't be shy about sharing your wins with us.
    Last edited by Pimatsu; 05-13-2015 at 08:29 AM.
    Gree's Customer Service Sucks

From the earlier post: ....and on elevating our commitment to service excellence.....

Thank you so much for that laugh, I needed it. tho to be fair, I suppose - ANY - customer service would be an improvement.

Yep, I - foolishly - put in another ticket. Got the automated reply. Nothing else. Issue (removing someone from the guild during event for sabotage) now moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcobra View Post
    From the earlier post: ....and on elevating our commitment to service excellence.....

Thank you so much for that laugh, I needed it. tho to be fair, I suppose - ANY - customer service would be an improvement.

Yep, I - foolishly - put in another ticket. Got the automated reply. Nothing else. Issue (removing someone from the guild during event for sabotage) now moot.

Sending a ticket to remove someone during event? Removing someone during event has never been an option.

Knew it wasn't an option from in the game, but hoped moderators could do something. Obviously, issue is solved now .. but I'd be interested in these "plenty of ways you can check someone out", since I am unaware of anything beyond checking profile information. I'd love to have a way to check beforehand if someone is going to start wars and not fight in them.

Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    So GREE has ceased all operations out of Vancouver, including all titles coming out of there. As I've read in the past, this would be one of them, no?
    From what I read, it seems that the group in Vancouver was handling development of new games. I doubt this will affect the current games within Gree's portfolio.

K&D was in fact being developed in Vancouver according to an interview with Sheppard just a few months ago. As was Criminal Legacy which was shut down last month.
    Last edited by J-manKometh96; 05-13-2015 at 09:25 AM.

K&D just introduce Dragon Forged weapons, it has a while left unless all of their p2p leave, which would totally kill the game. But there is no fear of that since, the last wars and raids minus this war were top producers especially the fire water war.

And I believe CL was not producing profits as well as some of their other games.

Hi everyone,

I'm just jumping in real quick here to help clarify this a little bit.

Yes, Knights & Dragons is developed - and will continue to be developed - in Vancouver by the Development company, IUGO. GREE's US office, not the Vancouver office, publishes the game.

Many thanks to you all for your dedication to Knights & Dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm just jumping in real quick here to help clarify this a little bit.

Yes, Knights & Dragons is developed - and will continue to be developed - in Vancouver by the Development company, IUGO. GREE's US office, not the Vancouver office, publishes the game.

Many thanks to you all for your dedication to Knights & Dragons!
    Would this apply to Beyond the Dead as well?
    Part of the SHOCKED & APPALLED movement!

Yeah, that's on you for bad scouting. There's plenty you can do to check people out.