Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Idea on how to improve heroic mode

OK so after doing faerie forest 10 times in row without getting a single shard, I got an idea. What if after every time you don't get a shard your chances improve by 4%. So let's say the RNG gives you a 46% chance of getting a shard but this is your second time doing it, it adds 4% which makes it a 50% chance for a shard. And it keeps stacking up UNTIL you get a shard.
    This will stop players from getting frustrated and doing 10+ runs without getting a single shard. Because in all honesty this is complete bs. I don't even take this game seriously but c'mon GREE, 10+ runs for a shard out of 8!?!? And then multiply that times 8 to make a star crystal.

P4R1N01D, I think this would be a great idea for Heroic Mode which might keep people from getting frustrated and stop doing Heroic Mode, but the problem is, GREE as you know will probably make it 2-3% added per run instead of 4% because they would think we would be having too much of an advantage and they might be facing a loss instead of profit in money.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Support. I think they should make the drop rate for KoD a bit higher too. I've done ten or so runs with two shards. It might be more than some people but that's still ridiculous since you have to use all three knights + two friends. KoD shard drop rate should be a constant 50% and the other area drop rates should stay the same (or slight increase) with the addition of your suggestion.
    no

The problem is that they will not change it since some people play it. They have stated that regardless on how the average player feels about the drop rates.

I like your idea, it makes perfect sense and gives players a feeling of being able to achieve something that is rigged against them.

I still cannot understand how some players can get a shard everytime while others cannot get a single shard after doing 10+ runs. Please help me understand the randomness factor and this not fair. or is some random with rates being just like chest odds some have 1% or less while others have extreme success.

Quote Originally Posted by The Calling View Post
    Please help me understand the randomness factor
    if you roll a dice, the chance to drop an ace is 1:6.
    However, as you will know, you could roll the dice for 10 or even 15 times without getting an ace.
    You could also roll if for 3 times consecutively and get an ace every time.

That's why some players are 'lucky' being able to get the shards together in time, while others can't even get as far as to collect 8 crystals. With the 'randomness' factor of between 1:3 and 1:5, to achieve 8 * 16 = 128 hits, it is relatively likely to experience long phases of not getting any hits.

'P4r4no1d''s idea would greatly help to motivate players to stay with Heroic mode! However, I agree with 'Ant Venom' - Gree has proven for many times that they are short-sighted and rather tend to go for the quick buck cashing off a few hundred showoff-narcissists who can't stand 'not winning', instead of keeping the broad player base motivated and integrated. Gree doesn't seem to have any long-term strategy - so I bet (at an estimated chance at 99/100 ;-)) we won't see this particular nice idea realized just as countless others.
    Last edited by roookey1; 05-10-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    P4R1N01D, I think this would be a great idea for Heroic Mode which might keep people from getting frustrated and stop doing Heroic Mode, but the problem is, GREE as you know will probably make it 2-3% added per run instead of 4% because they would think we would be having too much of an advantage and they might be facing a loss instead of profit in money.
    Man if its 1% I'll take it because after 10 runs thats 10% more then if it didn't even exist. And GREE if you are reading this, that doesn't mean you should put a 1% chance increase lol. At least between 2-4% chance increase.

I believe that Heroic Mode is not where Gree plans to gain much money from . I and many friends can still get regular , and even the plus , without gemming , and up to now , all you do is guessing " a lot of ppl are gemming " , without any proof . But at least , in my cell ( abt 70 members ) only abt 5 ppl use a few gems to get the Heroic epics , though most of us need them .
    I was always taught to ask myself " why the others can do it , but I can't ? " . And that's the question you should consider here , not " why can't it be easier ? "

Quote Originally Posted by dust92 View Post
    I believe that Heroic Mode is not where Gree plans to gain much money from . I and many friends can still get regular , and even the plus , without gemming , and up to now , all you do is guessing " a lot of ppl are gemming " , without any proof . But at least , in my cell ( abt 70 members ) only abt 5 ppl use a few gems to get the Heroic epics , though most of us need them .
    I was always taught to ask myself " why the others can do it , but I can't ? " . And that's the question you should consider here , not " why can't it be easier ? "
    I agree. There is no need to gem if you plan your attack well. I already got 16 crystals from these areas without any gemming. So, it is very possible to do.
    IGN: Spmort
    The Untouchables

I'm happy to pass along this suggestion to the team in our next meeting. Thank you for your support and ideas on the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Chai View Post
    I already got 16 crystals from these areas without any gemming. So, it is very possible to do.
    this is just possible if you didn't sleep & are jobless, or if due to already having super-strong armor you can level-up with 6 guys. But assuming 8 hours of sleep, it is impossible with the current drop rate to achieve 16 crystals within 5 days if 6 knights get you only about half-way up to the next level and if you have to wait for 2-3 hours for a refill of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    this is just possible if you didn't sleep & are jobless, or if due to already having super-strong armor you can level-up with 6 guys. But assuming 8 hours of sleep, it is impossible with the current drop rate to achieve 16 crystals within 5 days if 6 knights get you only about half-way up to the next level and if you have to wait for 2-3 hours for a refill of energy.
    Agreed, plus he didn't talk about potions so let's see about that...
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Zero potions too, I bet.

These guys are just as funny as those braggers with certain ego issues posting they got a DF+ or the latest Epic+ buying just 1 chest.
    Yeah, I know it's possible - just as winning in the lottery is.

you are the kind of guy that always thinks his thought is the truth , Roookey1 . No matter how arrogant and silly it is , lol
    Won't take another quarrel with you anymore . What a waste of time

I wonder if the algorithm is based on the number of purchases. Where in you buy more gems you have better luck than those who do not. I know we call this random drops. But how can I do 50 runs and get 1 shard(writhing casades and suken ship areas, 50 runs on each, which total 100 runs with only 2 total shards collected), where is the logic in that? Sure Rookey, I get that if I roll a dice 100 times, I get end up with all 2 each roll(but after a while, I must question the weight ratio in the dice and wonder if I haven't got a loaded dice that works against me). That is how I feel with the HM now. I feel that the odds are never in favor the non spender,f2p, player.

I really dislike that my fellow guild mate(who spend more than I) have better odds that me. Sure I may just have crappy luck, but I believe luck has little to do with HM. I can almost bet on that Gree has put in an algorithm to ensure that those who spend more will have better drop rates.

If I am wrong, please Gree let me know what the drop rates are and how did you code the factor of randomness in the HM.

They won't answer here ;-) - and this question in particular was excluded from the latest AMA. You may guess why.

@dust if you have any rational argument, I'm here to listen.