Hoodslam Epic Boss event - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoodslam Epic Boss event

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I would just like to officially call BS on a team of free players and a small number of light gold users being top150, virtually impossible.

to even break top150 last war you would need a full syn and an average score of 31K points, at an average of 400 points per hit(which is higher than I would expect) that would require around 78 wins without hitting any walls at all let alone losses.
    I don't care if you agree with my opinion, its my opinion so move on and find someone who cares.

rough stats:- level 257 - 9att 4.5def - 322mil iph

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    I would just like to officially call BS on a team of free players and a small number of light gold users being top150, virtually impossible.

to even break top150 last war you would need a full syn and an average score of 31K points, at an average of 400 points per hit(which is higher than I would expect) that would require around 78 wins without hitting any walls at all let alone losses.
    While you may very well have a valid argument... did you mean to make it here? This thread is regarding the Epic Boss event (in theory anyway). Did you intend this for the "feedback" thread?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post

to even break top150 last war you would need a full syn and an average score of 31K points, at an average of 400 points per hit(which is higher than I would expect) that would require around 78 wins without hitting any walls at all let alone
    losses.
    78 wins is not hard in a battle, I get 90-110 every time gold free and go ahead and not believe me. Y would I make that up? Sorry I actually have an active team and yours is a bunch of misfits
    Last edited by Jcw9811; 05-09-2015 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Language forgot where I was

Post Count
    I think I understand the mechanics of this Epic Boss event now. Thank you all for your contributions.

As a strategy, I am going to tap 'cash hit' until the boss goes down.

I hope it works!
    Last edited by Winnson; 05-09-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Post Count
    And I'll try to 'finish' a boss before the syndicate goal comes up, so bosses are easier when the syndicate goal starts.

T minus 43 minutes until syndicate goal starts.

At that time, the 'cash tap' boss takedown strategy will go into full effect.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tygrhobbes View Post
    It would be bad business practice to not allow new or low level/stat accounts to participate in an event. Not even being able to kill the very first boss is ridiculous.

The idea is to draw a player in by letting them complete a portion of the event. Get their whistle wet. Get a feeling of accomplishment. Then they might be enticed to spend some money to get a little further. If they feel they are progressing nicely they might even spend more. Voila! You've created a monster.

All you're doing when frustrating a player by shutting them out completely is making them not want to spend any money or just plain quit. You are definitely not going to make any money from the customer that way.
    Well said!
    CC Mafia Codes: 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 608 943 190, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
    Syndicate 💥 720 641 277

MW Alliance Codes: 712 849 183, 135 451 857, 250 563 636
    Faction 💥 751 241 780

Post Count
    They're trying to balance for the last time, where every Tom, Richard and Harry caught up with everyone that had been playing for years over a weekend.

You take the good with the bad boys. It's nice to see a bit of balance for us old timers.
    Last edited by Winnson; 05-09-2015 at 01:22 PM. Reason: You're not allowed to type Richard's nickname.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnson View Post
    They're trying to balance for the last time, where every Tom, Richard and Harry caught up with everyone that had been playing for years over a weekend.

You take the good with the bad boys. It's nice to see a bit of balance for us old timers.
    The logic or lack of it on this forum is astounding.

If you are comparing the EB event (was it 2 EB events ago?) where the boss was ridiculously easy and was dumping high stat rewards... and you concluded that lower level players "caught up with everyone"... and now you think this new EB event is "balanced" because it out right excludes lower level players?

Let me break this down for you (sorry to make this so elementary but in light of the replies and comments, clearly people are either not thinking before they post or they just can't)

2 non-gold players:
    One a low level player
    One is a high level player

Both compete in the EB event (the one with high stat rewards)

Both players complete the EB event - and gain 1 Brazillon attack and 1 Brazillion defence

No one "caught up" - the difference between their ORIGINAL stats (what they each started with) remains the same. Thus the high level player is still a high level player.
    This is simply stat inflation - nothing changed between the two players

A rising tide lifts all boats.

THIS EB event is entirely different.

Take the exact same example with our 2 players.

Now ONLY the high level player is gaining rewards - the low level player cannot even complete Lev 1..thus getting 0 reward.

How is this "balanced"?

**Quick edit **
    Couple things to avoid needless replies like:
    "LMAO - Brazillion isn't even a number" <------Yes I know. It's a funny/place holder number to indicate a random "high number" of your choice.

And/or something along the lines of:
    "Dat EB in April wad da werst bekaus...." <---- right, right..super stuff you have to say about it I'm sure... I'm not defending it - just pointing out it equally benefited all players who participated.
    Last edited by Big Earn; 05-10-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Post Count
    I wonder if all of those people who complain about how newbies get ripped into so bad around here are reading big earn's posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I wonder if all of those people who complain about how newbies get ripped into so bad around here are reading big earn's posts...
    Don't mistake a new player from a player who's been around and isn't doing well in game. Because you have. Anyone been on since 2013 and a casual player flipping out about new EB format is not a newbie

You make that mistake often with a broad sweep/swat.

Post Count
    Newbie is the only word I could use in that context that I can guarantee is approved by the powers that be. It's plastered right under his name on every post, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Newbie is the only word I could use in that context that I can guarantee is approved by the powers that be. It's plastered right under his name on every post, after all.
    I mean I'm still considered a newbie here, but that's just cause I never post. I have been playing 4 years now and am considered the person who knows the most on my team.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Earn View Post

2 non-gold players:
    One a low level player
    One is a high level player

Both compete in the EB event (the one with high stat rewards)

Both players complete the EB event - and gain 1 Brazillon attack and 1 Brazillion defence
    Unfortunately you are completely wrong. You see the high level players could not COMPLETE the event without spending massive amounts of gold because it was ridiculously hard for vets and stupid easy for new players. We did not all gain a Brazillion anything. Only the new accounts gained a Brazillion in stats.
    Some new accounts were able to kill the level 100 boss with only a single hit over and over again. In some cases hundreds of times gaining a bare minimum of 100K (that means thousand, not millions) in attack and defense each time they killed a level 100 boss.
    I on the other hand took 38 money hits to kill a single level 100 boss.

Now Big Earn, please explain to me how that lifted all boats equally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Fish View Post
    You really provide a quantity gaming experience.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Unfortunately you are completely wrong. You see the high level players could not COMPLETE the event without spending massive amounts of gold because it was ridiculously hard for vets and stupid easy for new players. We did not all gain a Brazillion anything. Only the new accounts gained a Brazillion in stats.
    Some new accounts were able to kill the level 100 boss with only a single hit over and over again. In some cases hundreds of times gaining a bare minimum of 100K (that means thousand, not millions) in attack and defense each time they killed a level 100 boss.
    I on the other hand took 38 money hits to kill a single level 100 boss.

Now Big Earn, please explain to me how that lifted all boats equally?
    Hey Dat Guy!!
    That was an awesome, concise and well written explanation... that makes total sense. I wasn't aware that high level players were struggling in that event.
    Thank you for outlining that. Why would they make this EB last for 2 weeks then? (this question doesn't really matter.. it's more of a thought that just popped in my mind).

And thanks to everyone else who replied to my question - you guys really made the last few days fly by.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    They made it 14 days because they greatly increased the difficultly, boss times (level 118 boss is 12 hours), and raised the kills needed to finish by 50