Hoodslam Epic Boss event - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoodslam Epic Boss event

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    When business is involved, a majority of questions, yours included, can be answerd in a single word.

Why? Money.
    Ok. Let's explore that. Certainly there are "gold paying players" who have just started or are relatively new.. some of these paying players will still have low stats (below 50 million) - this Epic Boss (Level 1) would still be impossible for them.
    If I'm paying to play a game - and it's impossible. I'm going to stop paying.

Beyond that, I would venture to guess that there are more non-paying players than paying players - but they STILL generate revenue for Gree via ad views. If the shift here is to make it impossible for them to play events..and become stronger so they can compete even more... well that is going to drive people away... thus further diminishing revenue.

So this doesn't even make business sense.

Post Count
    Wait you're saying you've played for over two years and you've spent money to get 53m Attack? Did you really buy the henchmen?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Wait you're saying you've played for over two years and you've spent money to get 53m Attack? Did you really buy the henchmen?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    No. No, that is not what I said at all... how did you..? never mind.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post

• Boss damage ranges from 5% to 25%. As bosses get stronger and stronger the damage range will get smaller until it caps back to 25% of your health.
    @Bolt: I don't understand this statement. Can you rephrase or explain please?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah09 View Post
    Well I can't do this event without using gold that's all. So much for a fun game
    Every event takes gold to finish. Why is this one the straw that broke the camel's back?

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherKicks View Post
    I have 12 accounts. 4 in a top 50. This being fun for these accounts, while my fresh accounts continue to suffer. I suggest reintroducing some form of tiers or you will push away all new customers and even some well established mini accounts that are pushing 1 billion attack or more. While this gives top teams an advantage to catch up from the overly easy Esteban epic boss, not everyone took advantage of this event due to limited timing. So to be fair I think next one should take into consideration everyone playing.
    12 accounts? LOL. I think we need an intervention here.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Earn View Post
    LOL - Insightful. Thank you. I will acquire more stats immediately!

Not sure why we don't seem to be following the same sheet of music here. Clearly the overall "take away" of my message isn't getting though.
    Everybody gets what you are saying, they are not stupid. It's just another Gree event that isn't for everybody. At 53m, you are like me, a guy that won't spend money or waste countless hours staring at a device. With this game, that puts you in a category where not everything in play is for you.

And the suggestion that Weasel is a shill for Gree is one of the funniest things I have read here in a while. So, to summarize:

1. Learn to read your stats
    2. Learn to use timers to fight bosses
    3. Learn the players on the forum before calling them shills
    4. Congrats on a balanced life....seriously. This is just a dumb game.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Every event takes gold to finish. Why is this one the straw that broke the camel's back?

Everybody gets what you are saying, they are not stupid. It's just another Gree event that isn't for everybody. At 53m, you are like me, a guy that won't spend money or waste countless hours staring at a device. With this game, that puts you in a category where not everything in play is for you.

And the suggestion that Weasel is a shill for Gree is one of the funniest things I have read here in a while. So, to summarize:

^ all this sums things up pretty nicely, imo

Lurker
    Post Count

I beg to differ. My syndicate has finished every EB prior to this, completed every SA, and gotten into top 150 of wars without using gold. Gold is not required to play the game by any means. But believe what just about everyone is saying is that if you want to be able to compete in this game and not be robbed by people that have stats twice, sometimes three times as high as yours is that you have to buy gold. If this isn't a gold based game, then why does Gree offer the bonus gold program. They are literally rewarding those players that have unlimited money by giving them free bars to buy weapons, finish events faster to farm, and get ltb's. Those of us with bills and lives can't afford to keep up with these players. Gree really needs to rethink this game and come up with a balanced event for all. Give the higher level prizes to the lower accounts, make boss health easier for them, something to balance it out. This is getting completely crazy. I have seen players that are at level 60 with 2 bil in attack stats. Either they are spending gold or are in a syndicate that does.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by lewnbec View Post
    I beg to differ. My syndicate has finished every EB prior to this, completed every SA, and gotten into top 150 of wars without using gold. Gold is not required to play the game by any means. But believe what just about everyone is saying is that if you want to be able to compete in this game and not be robbed by people that have stats twice, sometimes three times as high as yours is that you have to buy gold. If this isn't a gold based game, then why does Gree offer the bonus gold program. They are literally rewarding those players that have unlimited money by giving them free bars to buy weapons, finish events faster to farm, and get ltb's. Those of us with bills and lives can't afford to keep up with these players. Gree really needs to rethink this game and come up with a balanced event for all. Give the higher level prizes to the lower accounts, make boss health easier for them, something to balance it out. This is getting completely crazy. I have seen players that are at level 60 with 2 bil in attack stats. Either they are spending gold or are in a syndicate that does.
    After reading this, I actually have no idea what you beg to differ about. I never said gold was the only requirement to compete, I also mentioned time., if that is where you beg to differ After that, I think you were just kinda rambling on. I am not seeing specifics where you disagree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    On my main account I will most likely finish EB and have never once bought gold on it. I am a very active player that jumps a lot though. Additionally my syn is also top 150 and has very few gold spenders and the ones that do, don't spend very much. So this EB is defiantly doable, just requires that time be put in to the game, why should a casual player be able to compete with an avid player? Gold spending aside

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcw9811 View Post
    On my main account I will most likely finish EB and have never once bought gold on it. I am a very active player that jumps a lot though. Additionally my syn is also top 150 and has very few gold spenders and the ones that do, don't spend very much. So this EB is defiantly doable, just requires that time be put in to the game, why should a casual player be able to compete with an avid player? Gold spending aside
    Absolutely correct. This benefits the active players as well as the gold spenders.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    It would be bad business practice to not allow new or low level/stat accounts to participate in an event. Not even being able to kill the very first boss is ridiculous.

The idea is to draw a player in by letting them complete a portion of the event. Get their whistle wet. Get a feeling of accomplishment. Then they might be enticed to spend some money to get a little further. If they feel they are progressing nicely they might even spend more. Voila! You've created a monster.

All you're doing when frustrating a player by shutting them out completely is making them not want to spend any money or just plain quit. You are definitely not going to make any money from the customer that way.
    Last edited by tygrhobbes; 05-08-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Earn View Post
    Ok. Let's explore that. Certainly there are "gold paying players" who have just started or are relatively new.. some of these paying players will still have low stats (below 50 million) - this Epic Boss (Level 1) would still be impossible for them.
    If I'm paying to play a game - and it's impossible. I'm going to stop paying.

Beyond that, I would venture to guess that there are more non-paying players than paying players - but they STILL generate revenue for Gree via ad views. If the shift here is to make it impossible for them to play events..and become stronger so they can compete even more... well that is going to drive people away... thus further diminishing revenue.

So this doesn't even make business sense.

You are correct. This isn't an issue of fairness even though high stat players will say it is. They'd rather have you shut out of an event completely saying it isn't fair that you can complete any portion of it. They are wrong, this is about money. If Gree wants to grow their money spending base, they can't completely shut out new or low stat players that may become those spenders.

Post Count
    Thanks for your reply and summary.

Why is this EB event "the one"? This is the first time I have ever experienced an event that low level player cannot participate in...at all. Can't even get past Lev 1.
    This makes this event unprecedented and unique.

Sure there are "Elite Level" LTQ's - but simultaneously there is an LTQ for non-elite players as well. This is different. This EB is a total shutout for lower level player (sub 60 million attack). That is what makes this "the straw that broke the something something..."

This conversation seems to keep drifting to stats, gold, "time put in", or completing the ALL the levels of the Epic Boss - that isn't what this is about at all. This is about why, all of a sudden (never has happened in the past), Gree decided to make an event that lower level players cannot even play (gold player or otherwise). Past EB events were open to all.. sure some players might not get past Lev 8 or 15 or whatever... but everyone could at least make SOME progress..

I'm having trouble getting my head around why this is being defended (regardless of what level your player is or what stats you have). It seems that the only people saying "what's the big deal"? Are the one's who this doesn't effect - and that is BS. This effects all players. If these type of events become the norm Crime City will turn into a ghost town...(a bit over dramatic but just go with it)..

Everybody gets what you are saying, they are not stupid.
    Have you read some of the replies I have gotten? And the fact that you are asking "Why is this one the straw that broke the camel's back?" makes me think otherwise.

**EDIT - After reading my last line.. not calling anyone stupid. Just saying that clearly everyone isn't "getting it".
    Last edited by Big Earn; 05-08-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    After reading this, I actually have no idea what you beg to differ about. I never said gold was the only requirement to compete, I also mentioned time., if that is where you beg to differ After that, I think you were just kinda rambling on. I am not seeing specifics where you disagree.
    Your very first statement was that every event takes gold to finish.