Hoodslam Epic Boss event - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoodslam Epic Boss event

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Earn View Post
    Right - and I do. But I also get small "slider" ads that display from time to time (lower left hand corner). But, again even if we just counted the 100's of video ads I have watched over the years for a couple gold.. the point is, Gree is still generating money from non-gold players - why make an event that is impossible even get past the first level for lower level players?

We keep drifting off the point. Lets say I start a brand new account right now and spend $99.00 on gold. I STILL wouldn't have the stats to defeat this Epic Boss.
    I totally agree and said the same thing about 30 posts ago

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    We keep drifting off the point. Lets say I start a brand new account right now and spend $99.00 on gold. I STILL wouldn't have the stats to defeat this Epic Boss.
    Right, but you shouldn't and you shouldn't feel entitled to that either.

If you went out and bought a glove and bat, should you then be selected as the newest addition to the roster of the New York Yankees? No, you should then join the little league, practice, and improve over time while keeping the goal of making the big leagues in focus.

Post Count
    Burn!

#smug
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Right, but you shouldn't and you shouldn't feel entitled to that either.

If you went out and bought a glove and bat, should you then be selected as the newest addition to the roster of the New York Yankees? No, you should then join the little league, practice, and improve over time while keeping the goal of making the big leagues in focus.
    Not sure if "entitled" is the right word.

Using your analogy: "No, you should then join the little league, practice, and improve over time while keeping the goal of making the big leagues" Well it's not much fun playing in little league when Gree brings out Clayton Kershaw as the pitcher... in fact it would make it impossible to get a hit... so again, why would Gree make an event that is IMPOSSIBLE for lower level players? I'm not even suggesting completing the Boss event... I can't even defeat the first level. What is the point?

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    It's not impossible for lower level players. I have a level 60-something account that's already fighting Boris Sokolov (the second boss). I know that account won't even come close to being able to fight the stronger bosses, but putting it against the stronger bosses would be like holding a boxing match between Mike Tyson and a toddler. When I get that far it means one thing: I'm out of my league and have some work to do before I can hope to be successful in that league.

Edit: Or I can pay Mr. Tyson several hundred gold bars to throw the fight.

Post Count
    @Big Earn. This EB really is insane for low stat players. All we could really say is try building up your account again by competing in all events as far as you can and join a more competitive syndicate.

If you want to join a T500, pm me or find me on line @Evan1000
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Edit: @Weasel

Sigh.. Either you are not reading my posts or you are just a shill for Gree.

Again, we have established my account has 53 million attack (certainly not a super strong player - but not completely useless). I can not defeat the 1st lev boss, he escapes in 15 min.

I came here to see if I was doing something wrong, missing some strategy, or if there was any logic behind why they would make an event that is impossible for lower level players...

I'm not even understanding the relevance of your last post about fighting stronger level bosses as you progress... as my post are trying to convey that..there is no progression. I've been playing off and on for 2 1/2 years. This Epic Boss fight is not even remotely close to any previous one.

Post Count
    Actually you said 53 THOUSAND which is why we've all been so confused. 53m is still terrible, but not completely unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Actually you said 53 THOUSAND which is why we've all been so confused. 53m is still terrible, but not completely unbelievable.
    Yes you are right. It was a typo. After much discussion, we identified the erroneous "k" and declared it a mistake a few post back. thank you for your diligence and inspirational comment. I will strive to increase my stats daily and try to keep you in the loop... one day I hope to impress you with my mighty stats.. until then I humbly remain a "terrible" player. I'm very sorry.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Edit: @Weasel

Sigh.. Either you are not reading my posts or you are just a shill for Gree.

Again, we have established my account has 53 million attack (certainly not a super strong player - but not completely useless). I can not defeat the 1st lev boss, he escapes in 15 min.

I came here to see if I was doing something wrong, missing some strategy, or if there was any logic behind why they would make an event that is impossible for lower level players...

I'm not even understanding the relevance of your last post about fighting stronger level bosses as you progress... as my post are trying to convey that..there is no progression. I've been playing off and on for 2 1/2 years. This Epic Boss fight is not even remotely close to any previous one.
    Sorry to be brutally honest, but with your stats, you are doing something wrong. If you are too weak to participate in this Epic Boss event, what you are doing wrong is not acquiring enough stats. Another possibility is you do not have enough mafia members to use the items you have acquired, which presents a much easier, cheaper, and faster solution than the problem of not having enough strength in your item inventory.

Don't feel too badly about that though. For the time being, the only real purpose of stats is to be able to fight Epic and Raid Bosses, which award more stats, so you can fight more bosses, to earn more stats, etc.

If you can't participate it's just another event to ignore, which means you can continue to play as casually as you like. Your rivals list should be full of targets that allow you to engage in PvP and robbing, and there are always map jobs if you feel so inclined to do those.

Post Count
    To answer big earn:

Try hitting the boss, wait 2 minutes then hit it an additional 1 time to your total. Use cash hits only

Post Count
    @PrHarry

Cool - Thank you for that!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The real question we should all be asking is whether we can repeatedly kill boss #151? It is important to many syndicates wanting to gain maximum individual gaols while still completing most or all syndicate goals.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Sorry to be brutally honest, but with your stats, you are doing something wrong. If you are too weak to participate in this Epic Boss event, what you are doing wrong is not acquiring enough stats.
    LOL - Insightful. Thank you. I will acquire more stats immediately!

Not sure why we don't seem to be following the same sheet of music here. Clearly the overall "take away" of my message isn't getting though.

Let me reframe the discussion topic for a moment if I might..
    Let's get beyond my poor, miserable, sucky, crappy, {insert your own disparaging adjective here} stats... certainly other players have lower stats than I do (I rob them every day).

So why would Gree suddenly create an Epic Boss event that is impossible for these players (the "low level" players I have constantly been referencing)... again, not suggesting completing the event.. it's impossible to even complete a single level. It doesn't seem to make any sense. Gree certainly has never had events in the past that low level players couldn't at least play. This one..they can't play at all. It seems odd.. like it's a mistake or something.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    When business is involved, a majority of questions, yours included, can be answerd in a single word.

Why? Money.