Chance of Epic Unit in Gold?????

I just opened 235 gold boxes and 11 elite boxes and got zero epic units. What's up with that? I have been saving forever. Kinda makes me want to stop playing. Anyone else????

That is absolutely appalling. I can well understand that you might feel like quitting the game. My last 30 Gold Keys have all yielded Rares. All that time and effort for nothing. It is so demoralising. I have been banging on about this for ages. Achievement needs to be properly rewarded. Just giving us tickets in a rigged lottery is not good enough. It is turning people away from the game. But Gree are not listening. In their warped logic, somehow or other, this sort of treatment is supposed to encourage us all to spend more cash. It is having the exact opposite effect on me. I shall only pay when I get real value for money - if that ever happens, and if I last that long. Hope you have better luck sometime.

I too recently have saved up over 40 gold keys and spent gold bars and only got rare units. I think something is broken with the overall chances of winning. I am at a point that R and SR are worthless to me and only UR and E will add to my ability to play. It has been over a month since I have been able to add to my squad and not making any real progress.

I don't think anything is broken. Gree have set it like that deliberately. They started giving out more Gold Keys in the Events and have balanced that by making it less likely that we can win anything worth having. They give with one hand and take away with the other. The fact is that they do not want us to be happy. They want us to be unhappy and frustrated, the theory being that we then resort to spending piles of cash in a desperate bid to improve our squads.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    I spend my time playing EVERY Freakin Day !! and but the CARD and save my GOLD keys.......cash them in on the 120% chance for EPIC !! 120% !!! read it properly !!!!IF 100% is ..you will get one Gaurenteed I haven't seen one YET in my inventory...I saved over a month and half and got .......MIGHT OF THE FREAKIN WORKER !!!! how is THAT 120% !!!! given 100% is a Gaurentee of getting an EPIC !........so bash head against BRICK WALL...till squishy sound is heard......look at THIS........OMG !!!! can I believe my eyes.... :-( ......... 2.5 X DROP RATE Higher chance of SR & UR units in each Gold Chest .........so look at my GOLD Chests....ohh that's right I spent them on WORTHLESS RARES !!!!! so I know the fix to this.....Spend my MORTGAGE PAYMENT.....cant buy 600 GOLD bars with 63 gold bars....go to bank.....
    oohhhhhhh noooo .....480 GOLD BARS @ 20% Extra..(who am I fooling)... need 600 bars.....next step idiot.... 1300 Gold Bars needed...ohh Nooo......$64.99 ......spent.....and got............................................... .....

ZIP......NOTHING.........NUDDA.....only RARE UNITS......am I peeved off....damn straight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gree I had an Epic unit ...YOU.....yes YOU Gree decided that EVERYONE was Hacking or CHEATING !!!!!!...yes I said it !! Hacking and CHEATING decided to hold ALL Accounts that had these units, so you could investigate..i got mine one and only legitimate....and you took it away..... 2 months later im still waiting !!!! and NOTHING...... No EPIC returned to my Army....NO Epic given on YOUR 120% chance.......I have spent m Money....I have given you the benefit of the doubt in your "Special %" and got slapped in the face with a WET FISH !!! just stab me in the eye with a blunt stick would have done the same !!!!!......
    NO MORE ....I am at the end of my Teather.........in this game and ALL GREE games !!!! and I have spent THOUSANDS $$$$ and have proof of this.....you have pulled the wool over my eyes once too often.....im a sucker yes...I fell for your $$ trap yes...gullable...yes....but that's it !!
    Give me what I WON fair and Square ......and don't advertise incorrect rewards and not deliver on it ....
    Im so disappointed in this !!

"120% better chance" does not refer to the Epic units. It just says that there are Epic units available in the Gold Chests. It does not say what the odds of getting one are.

But I fully understand your frustration. Gree do not seem to understand that if they offered value for money we would spend more. Hope your situation improves soon.

To further your point look at the great value for getting 30 energy and morale refills for just $2.99. It's a great deal. I'd like to see more offers along these lines. The daily challenges to get gold bars is also a good step in the right direction.

Awww Ratma, sweet Ratma
    You know how this works.

Put a smile on your face by remembering the good old days in the Forum Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by meritus View Post
    To further your point look at the great value for getting 30 energy and morale refills for just $2.99. It's a great deal. I'd like to see more offers along these lines. The daily challenges to get gold bars is also a good step in the right direction.
    Agreed that adding the possibility to finally make gold is a step in the right direction. I finally got rewarded for my effort in saving gold and got the 50% CM unit and now I actually want to play this invasion. usually I get no CM and then have no desire to keep playing the event. If player efforts are rewarded then they stick with the game and spend more money.

That Monthly Card for Energy and Morales is good value for money, so I do buy that. But I don't buy anything else. More offers of that nature would get me to spend more. And being able to earn Gold Bars in the Daily Challenges is a welcome development. All of this is undermined, however, by the very poor return from the Gold Chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Awww Ratma, sweet Ratma
    You know how this works.

Put a smile on your face by remembering the good old days in the Forum Knights.
    G'Day VL, good to hear from you on here, yes I try to remember but that was so long ago in the GOOD OLE DAYS when we ruled the games !! , things change and somehow I still think they listen...somehow ....but maybe just a random thought! still smiling though all the same :-)

Need to correct misconception...120% increased chance of UR does not mean the same as 100% guarantee of getting a UR. If you really want UR units and don't care about epic (why one would...I don't know) then the 2.5X SR/UR bonus is better odds than 120% increased chance.