Premium Matches and Hotzones in Battle for Empire City - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Matches and Hotzones in Battle for Empire City

Post Count
    I'm not really seeing a downside here. If you're trying to keep your points low to get your streaks, you'll find it easier to find "premium matches" because everyone's points are closer down there, but you won't benefit from them because you're not trying to score lots of points. If you're competing for top ten, it adds an element of drama and importance to getting a matchup against a rival. Getting the bonus is dependent on a lucky matchup, but presumably you're matched against a close rival, which means they get the same chance as you. I guess it would suck to be in a 3 way race for tenth place and watch your other two rivals get a premium match while you get paired against #1, but that's not much different from what we have now.

I'm still not sure what "hitting the safehouse" means, but it looks like it will give people a chance to get a defense bonus during those matches when they have no one to hit. That seems harmless with a potential upside.

I really don't see how this "kills streak teams," but I don't see a problem with Gree wanting to put a stop to a strategy aimed at deliberately scoring as few points as possible. They've been trying to subtly fix this issue for a long time by changing the matchup algorithm and reducing the importance (bonuses) on the streak prizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have noticed no change in the matchup algorithm for streak teams.

Post Count
    I haven't been a streaker in a long time, but the matchups were originally based heavily on points. Then they tweaked it so overall team strength played into it more, and I'm POSITIVE they added something to screw you over when you were on the last match of a streak. They might not have changed in a long time, but they did make changes early on to stop everyone from hovering as low as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    This is a cool idea. The battles for the T50 and more T20 I can imagine are going to be all hell breaking loose because people are going to be saving gold until these double point battles. Who would spend 50 gold for let's say 4k points when you can spend 25 for the same during a matchup like that?

I don't get the defense bonus though, trying to get people to hit the safehouse? I always have targets and am usually not a target because of my level so I'd rather hit a person for ip than the HQ for next to no ip but a defense bonus.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    It did get shut down. If this is true, maybe it would be a good idea for Gree to allow ideas to die with the unprofitable games hurt by said ideas.
    Didn't take you long to pick up what I was laying down.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    DON has a lot of gold!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Locke View Post
    Does this mean that only the player who activated the hotzone will benefit, or will the player have to communicate with their team that they've activated the hotzone?
    Edited for clarity. Only the player who activates it sees it and benefits from it. Added one more image related to hotzones.

Post Count
    Why is lvl 53 B-Money the DL? He's level 52 and has a mafia of one.

Are his stats way better than YES, who has double the mafia?

Are they a 2 member strong syndicate and B-Money camped?

So many questions!

Post Count
    what is the new cooldown period for matching?
    SAS 1

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This worked out pretty good at KA :
    The only questions were :
    1) we all only got legendary matchups , no epic or premium.
    2) the matchups were completely random at the end
    is every guild getting the same number of premium matchups ( in relation to the number of wars they enter).

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    This will hurt those top teams that lie low for streaks the first 2 days or so and get easy syndicate wins back in the 200/300 rankings. Then when they go for there last day push back into the top 25 they will have harder hill to climb from those teams that got Premium, Epic and Legendary battles all weekend with double the points.

Is this another way to kill streak teams?

You bet. Don't think they noticed most teams are streaking? Or at least get gold out of most of them if they streak

Post Count
    wow, sounds interesting.. so play the battle, shell out $. play the premium matches, shell out $. so gree was like, we put matches in ur matches so that u buy more and more gold.

well played sir!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Just give us better loots for rank
    Join friedly team top250: 849.528.387
    questions? - https://www.groupme.com/join_group/9531669/EpZ5dw

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    This will hurt those top teams that lie low for streaks the first 2 days or so and get easy syndicate wins back in the 200/300 rankings. Then when they go for there last day push back into the top 25 they will have harder hill to climb from those teams that got Premium, Epic and Legendary battles all weekend with double the points.
    Interesting read. Seems directed at SAS 1

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    With this update came two new features for Battle for Empire City.

Premium Matches. Premium matches are automatically enabled when a match is particularly closely matched: if syndicates are very close in rank and power. When that happens a premium match is triggered which lets you gain up to double the points for each attack on an enemy. There is no limit to how may times premium matches may occur. There are three levels within the Premium Match-up: Premium, Epic and Legendary. The closer the Syndicates are, the better the matchup and the more intense the scoring will be.

Hotzones. Hotzones are periods of time in a war where a player can gain a defense reduction bonus against opponents. They are triggered by attacking the Headquarters. Players will be know when they are in the hotzone in order to take advantage of it; flames burst in an animation when it is activated. Once activated, they will last for the duration of that battle. Only the player who activated the hotzone will see it and benefit.

Adjust your strategies accordingly, the next Battle for Empire City will be extra 'hot'!
    Just another way for Gree to get people to buy gold.