Page 1 of 3 123 Last

The end of Heroic Mode.........

They just couldn't mess with Heroic Mode enough....... it will die quickly now.

From the Facebook page here's what we know about the new version of Heroic Mode:

There will be no more new armors, only old armors already in the game.

If you have the normal version of the old armor leveled up to 35, you'll be able to get the plus version after only 8 crystals. Basically if you already have the normal version of the armor you should be able to get two more versions of the plus if you're strong enough and have the patience to survive the frustrating fragment drop rates.

Gree! NO I don't like this but I'll accept it because one, I have no other choice and two, I'll enjoy getting plus versions of the old armors I have the normal version of. I essentially see this as a softening the blow response for doing away with a special aspect of the game. Heroic Mode was special. Plain and simple. Gree even said very recently that Heroic Mode was so difficult because the Heroic Mode + armor was the rarest armor in the game. OK I agree with that. Heroic Plus was rare and a real b***h to get for free. This is no longer the case, thus bringing in the end of an era. I have every one of the Heroic Plus armors so I can be happy about that but from here on, Heroic Mode is just another way to get chest armors............ you can bet old raid and war armors will soon follow.

Clearly this is an attempt by Gree to conserve resources............... did they really think Heroic Mode was going to be a money cow by the way they started it? Bait and switch is a lousy business strategy and I can only hope they've learned their lesson. Too bad because I really liked Heroic Mode minus the cheesy drop rate. I'll still play it but I won't be talking about it as much as I used to. Luster = gone!

Last edited by Lord P; 05-07-2015 at 09:21 AM. Reason: update

I agree Lord P, the most recent move to Heroic, starting tomorro by the way, I fear will be the final nail in the coffin. I mean, April Fools is over so this obviously isn't a joke on their part. Pure laziness perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Regretz View Post
    I agree Lord P, the most recent move to Heroic, starting tomorro by the way, I fear will be the final nail in the coffin. I mean, April Fools is over so this obviously isn't a joke on their part. Pure laziness perhaps?
    How do you know it starts tomorrow?

How do you know it starts tomorrow?
    https://www.facebook.com/knightsanddragonsgame

Quote Originally Posted by WatermelonSeed View Post
    Thank you sir

Hopefully Gree will address the issue. I am curious if someone who has the armor maxed would only need to collect the to make the + version instead of the regular then +.

This could shift the balance as some players were lucky enough to get the armor prior.

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    Hopefully Gree will address the issue. I am curious if someone who has the armor maxed would only need to collect the to make the + version instead of the regular then +.

This could shift the balance as some players were lucky enough to get the armor prior.
    Very solid point and would be awesome as I have the non+ firestrom. Please keep us updated.

Two firestorm plusses. Thats worth it ty gree
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

I have to say I'm impressed by Gree, I retract my previous statement from my first post. Finally Heroic Mode is changed for the better, I look forward to getting 2 firestorm+ and I welcome this new change. Took ya long enough

Well, 2 firestorm + will still not be able to counter DragonForged Armors so why not release like herlequinn, I bet u would make more money, plus it is much more decent. Maybe release Technomancers, don't be cheap, I mean u are already making a decent sum from DragonForged Armors already GREE.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

If you have an appropriate level reg. version of the armor already, you will only have to get 8 Starcrystals to craft the + version.
    Thanks Gree^^
    Gree's Customer Service Sucks

Hmm, so if they continue the element pattern, then the two after this one would be water/earth and fire/earth (in no specific order) and people could target fusing for the ones with about 4400-4500 combined for their plus. (don't feel like looking up which that are right now...)
    A question point then remains: will they repeat the same armors after the 15 element combos are done or will they then move to higher stat armors and if the latter, after how many more heroics do they run out of higher stat epics to choose from?
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    Hmm, so if they continue the element pattern, then the two after this one would be water/earth and fire/earth (in no specific order) and people could target fusing for the ones with about 4400-4500 combined for their plus. (don't feel like looking up which that are right now...)
    A question point then remains: will they repeat the same armors after the 15 element combos are done or will they then move to higher stat armors and if the latter, after how many more heroics do they run out of higher stat epics to choose from?
    Not sure what they'd do for water/earth. Aquatic isn't that great and Dragonkin seems like too much. Fire/earth would probably be Ravage. I have Ravage+ and it's still pretty good.

Also, I'm not sure if people with these epics at Lv 99 (right now) will be able to get the + at 8 crystals since they didn't level them up to 35+ after the heroic release. Knowing GREE, that'd probably be the case.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    Also, I'm not sure if people with these epics at Lv 99 (right now) will be able to get the + at 8 crystals since they didn't level them up to 35+ after the heroic release. Knowing GREE, that'd probably be the case.
    What Pimatsu posted was a Gree quote from facebook. So yes, if your armor is already over 35, you will be able to craft the plus from the first 8 crystals. Also according to a facebook post, a beta player got a popup out of the blue about being able to craft the Firestorm+, so I guess that will happen to all Firestorm of level 35 or higher owners once the game restarts for the update.

I think I'll start crafting the mono air epic boss armor from a few weeks ago to do 1 gamble-fuse for Firestorm in a bit under 3 days...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Good luck Marco!

And Ant Venom i usually ignore your posts because they are so dumb but sometimes im afraid people will take them seriously. Firestorm is (although only slightly) stronger than harlequin, yet a war epic for heroic? Really? I understand your "give everything to me for free naw" pov but thats not very realistic and will hopefully never happen.
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --