Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    Well, 2 firestorm + will still not be able to counter DragonForged Armors so why not release like herlequinn,
    Assuming Gree doesn't troll, but does the full 15 element combo rotation, Harlequinn would be a likely candidate stats-wise for 1 of the 5 linked element heroics to be run after this air/fire and the water/earth and fire/earth. Of course the water/fire combo has a 50% chance of Gree going into troll mode to keep it rarer...

edit: Why does that rolleyes emoticon look so happy? That's not what rolleyes is. I just typed the code thinking none of the displayed emoticons was rolleyes...
    Last edited by Marco_; 05-07-2015 at 02:24 AM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

This kind of change will be the end of top25 run , lol . Who needs a top25run , when you can get the reg from fusing , then the plus from Heroic mode ? 8 shards in 7 days for a plus is quite easy
    I wouldn't say that all top25 will appear in Heroic Mode , but I guess many will
    But I will still take this chance . already had a firestom , so 2 more plus is always great

updated my first post with new info. I'll make more updates as things develop.

I think this is good. This is like a current t25 run but for no gems. Well done gree

OK, so I've gotten over the part about Gree killing Heroic Mode. It's as clear to me as the clock hanging on my wall. So really the only thing left to address is how will they do it?

Gree has put themselves in a bit of a pickle if they intend to keep Heroic Mode going with already available epics......... here's why.

The timing of this is terrible. If Gree is going to keep Heroic Mode in the same stat range then they only have limited epics to choose from. Very limited. Case and point, Heroic Mode+ armors just recently passed the 4400 point stat mark. So to stay in that stat range for the immediate future the only epics that will fit are Harlequin Roguegear+, Firestorm Vanguard+, and Armor of the Peacock+. Then things are going to get hairy for Gree........ tough, tough decisions. Either they will start putting up plus level epics that are a bit greater than the current level of 4400 stat points, they'll start using mono elements again or they'll go below 4400 total stat points. Personally I could live with the higher stat epic plus armors like Undead+, Bonesaw+ and Dragonkin+, but I can't imagine Gree doing something that I actually like so I'll rule that out for now. Lets look at the other options.

Gree could start again with monos. They would fit in the current stat range and armors like Suaric Platemail and Rivenborn Aegis are still not fusible. Nothing about this would be appealing to me. I went through Heroic Mode from the start so I could get to the dual element armors. That's what made Heroic Mode so promising. To go backwards and start at the monos again would turn Heroic Mode into a joke and literal yawn fest. This is one of the things Gree will do if they intend to kill off Heroic Mode sooner than later.

Gree could go below the current total stat points of 4400. This would open up things like Ravage Sheildplate+, Guardian Wargear+ and Earthwarden's Shroud+. This presents a different set of challenges for Gree to keep people even mildly interested. Now you've got epics that have been out for a minute. Worse stats than we've been getting before, everyone and their cousin probably has a few of the normal versions, and getting plus versions will be easy unless Gree shortens Heroic Mode to hours instead of days. Not much appealing about this choice either. This is another one of the things Gree will do if they intend to kill off Heroic Mode sooner than later.

Gree could also throw caution to the wind and do all manner of silliness like use Naga+ even though Heroic Mode already has a water/spirit (a real Heroic Mode armor btw), or Gold Chromatic Mantle+ which no one cares about except the newest of players who still don't know the value or usefulness of epics. Yet another one of the things Gree will do if they intend to kill off Heroic Mode sooner than later.

My guess is Gree will release Firestorm+, Harlequin+ and Peacock+ then stop right there. Time will tell. Sad times ahead unless they decide to go upwards with the stat total. Its the only option that really makes sense if Gree intends to keep Heroic Mode around................ I've grown to have so little faith in the way Gree is handling this game........... sigh.
    Last edited by Lord P; 05-07-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Lord P, I see it a bit differently. Mid-range epic+ being more easy to get obsoletes (nearly) every epic non-plus, so the sequence now becomes:
    - farm epic boss amors
    - fuse them and hope you get armors that are in the expected stats range for Heroic armors
    - * if not, re-fuse them unless they are about the best fusion result you can get _and_ need those elements (skimming the fusion armors wiki page, 4100 combined seems the max)
    - * if so, yay! Level it to 35 (no need to go further) and you might get an epic+ in the future from Heroic. Now re-fuse that level 35 armor to try and get the other potential "Heroic" armor options.

Repeat that for a while and you bump average stats for mid field and sub-top quite a bit and the big spenders really need to make sure to get enough Dragonforge armors to stay ahead in stats. (curious to know what they'll do with ranks 11- of wars/raids though, since everything really below 4400 combined will likely just be fusion fodder equal to epic boss armors)

tl;dr flooding the game with epic+ and thus creating more need for Dragonforge spending to stay ahead...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

thanks for closing my topic. I see no discussion here

IF you already have firestorm lvl 99 can you craft a plus for 8 crystals.
    Its the question everyone has but it doesnt seem like it. Why not?

Does it.work for level 35 and under
    Does it have to be levelled once?
    Do you understand this is bull**** if thats true?
    Are you going to fix this?

Answers please because your facebook account suggests anything above 35 goes. Or only just not 99?
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroeland View Post
    thanks for closing my topic. I see no discussion here

IF you already have firestorm lvl 99 can you craft a plus for 8 crystals.
    Its the question everyone has but it doesnt seem like it. Why not?

Does it.work for level 35 and under
    Does it have to be levelled once?
    Do you understand this is bull**** if thats true?
    Are you going to fix this?

Answers please because your facebook account suggests anything above 35 goes. Or only just not 99?
    I had posted prior in this thread that the assumption is that if you have the crafted armor above the normal level requirement to craft a + version, then you should be able to craft the + version.

This may not be set in stone as Gree does know people can get this + version done in 1 attempt.

Shows the normal version for me and i have 2 99/99 firestorms

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

Im having the same issue Legalious, I also have a lvl 99 firestorm and its only showing the normal version for me in the armorsmiths. Could u plz look into this, as it must be a mistake if what was posted on FB is true.

They (Gree) wrote on their fb pages a few minutes ago, that if you have -Maxed- Firestorms, you need to get all 16 crystals to get the plus version, while if you have a non-maxed Firestorm, level it once over lvl35 and you can do immediately the plus version with just 8 crystals. This is like a bad prank played on us. Some lucky ones will get it very easily, for the rest and majority of us it is like before.

Knights,

In regards to the reports on crafting the +version of the Firestorm Vanguard during Heroic mode, if you do not have a regular version maxed out before the event, you should be able to level the armor once and it will unlock the +version. If your armor was already maxed out, unfortunately, you will need to go through Heroic mode per normal. This has been fixed for further updates. Those that already have +versions of the armor will need to proceed through Heroic mode in order to craft another +version. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    Do i have to explain how extremely unfair this piece of ****inn lazy coding is?

I have 2 lvl 99 firestorms and that makes me unable to craft the plus but someone with a lvl 1-98 can. Right. Do the monkeys run this place on thursdays?

Wow and here I thought they had finally done something good with Heroic. So, if im correct, we are getting penalized for already maxing out our armors? Isnt that the whole point of this game, collect armors and max them out!? This is a complete outrage. So the people that couldnt afford to max out their firestorms can get 2 + versions, whilst the ones that did such as Kanga and myself, are penalized for maxing ours. Does your team share half a brain between the lot of you!? You do realize how fked up this is, if anything it should be the other way around.

New way to play the game guys, collect armors but DONT max them, itll come back to bite u in the ass. I was excited about gettting a firestorm+, possibly 2 of em, but now im not even gonna bother. I dont want another normal firestorm, and dont wanna kill myself on sleep for 1 + version. Oh but everything is fine, because you're "sorry for the inconvenience." We dont want ur apologies, we want u to actually do things correctly! Thanks, Gree, for once again proving your incompetence. Pathetic. Simply put you guys are all pathetic.
    Last edited by Regretz; 05-07-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Gree,

Please do the right thing and make it so that fully lvled Firestorm can also craft the + version after 8 crystals. It makes no sense to penalize your most devoted customers who spend time & money to lvl these armors. I personally spent $50 on chests when I acquired this armor several months ago.

How is it fair that someone who just fused this armor, has an advantage over me in this Heroic event in getting the + version. Stand up to what is right. Otherwise, this is a horrible business decision that will drive a lot of players away.