Is War is Dying?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is War is Dying?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Is War is Dying?

I'm not trolling or looking to get flamed. Battle weekends were supposed to be the ultimate team events...Show off your fancy stats, going heads up with rival teams and talking smack after. Guess the point I'm making... without a boycott, scores are around half of what they are normally are. It's very difficult to spend a couple hundred gold(for me) or multiple vaults for big timers with temporary mods and terrible prizes compared to other events. Especially with the two major Events Epic and Raid bosses are base off your Raw Attack or some form of them. I hope future Battles will carry better prizes or mods that will be effect different aspect of Crime city besides % Def or Att.

Post Count
    For a lot of people (majority?) the battles are the LEAST favorite event.

Post Count
    Let's face it... aside from bragging rights, wars don't really add much anymore. Now this game is all about waiting for the next time they give us a way to farm an infinite amount of weapons in the next tier of stat inflation. It's cheaper, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    I think the use of intel hasn't helped. It removed much of the team approach and replaced it with mindless attacking. Maybe that was part of the reason for the accomplice fiasco?
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Post Count
    Heh... I agree with that. I was in a top ten team at the start, then I spent a long time in gold-free syndicates before going back to a competitive team. I was amazed at how much more precise the intel has gotten.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Heh... I agree with that. I was in a top ten team at the start, then I spent a long time in gold-free syndicates before going back to a competitive team. I was amazed at how much more precise the intel has gotten.
    Sorry dippy, just smacked your bottom in war :-)

Post Count
    You did? I didn't notice.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    War weekends are still my favorite event and where I spend the most gold. War prizes have always sucked which I've never understood, but thats the way it's always been. As Dipstick said, bragging rights plain and simple. That's what war weekends are about, climbing the ladder and attracting new members based off your rank. Maybe I'm in the minority but I still think it's the funnest. RB 2nd.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    The war replaced the pvp events. Pvp was so popular that gree gave out virtually nothing in prize value yet we played and spent some gold.

War is probably still most popular event so now they can give out token prizes.

Post Count
    Meh, war was more fun when I used gold. Now, war is just another event. No biggie.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Indeed mate they are. The great Indian Nation, was defeated long ago. Happy gaming mate.

Post Count
    The war is dead now.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    The war is dead now.
    Most of the reason for the battles previously being fun was the smack talk on the forum before, during and especially after. Read into that what you will.
    Definition of Game: A competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a single set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

As the rules in CC differ by level, does that stop it being classed as a game?

Consistent Contributor Killer p's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicalmofo View Post
    Most of the reason for the battles previously being fun was the smack talk on the forum before, during and especially after. Read into that what you will.
    Thread locked for talking smack!!!

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    You did? I didn't notice.

I was gentle