DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LTB with gold payout

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

LTB with gold payout

What would you think of an LTB that paid out gold? For this to balance, I would say it would need to be a 48hour building. The level 10 max payout of like 200 gold or something would seem reasonable to me. What are you thoughts on how this could work?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    While I am sure most people would welcome free gold in this form, it has a near zero chance if being implemented.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Cash or gold to upgrade?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I like the creativity however with Gree's history of implementing new features, I am highly skeptical it would ever work properly.

Post Count
    It's simple, it's just like printing cash to pay off national debt, which only leads to inflation. If Gree were to produce a building that paid out gold, then the gold prices of everything would go up, then a modifier would be offered as a prize to have that building make more gold, then the prices of everything gold would go up again in a never ending cycle.

It's worked that way all along. I don't see this happening, and if it did, I don't see it making any meaningful difference. Anything requiring gold in the game would inflate exponentially, and this building would simply be the new Tapjoy.

Post Count
    I'd thought about suggesting a gold building but not until after the competition and assumed it would be a long shot.

Question posed above is mine. "Whould it cost gold to buy and upgrade, and if so, how expensive?"

Max's concerns are very valid, especially with the hope of 200 gold every 48 hours. I dont think the bosses would go for it unless they already have plans in place for inflating the cost of everything gold. 200 gold every 48 hours equates to a couple free vaults every month. So a thinking person would have to ask...."whats the catch?"

If they do offer a gold building, I'd like to see it not be robable (is that a word and if so, spelled right?).
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarthog View Post
    I'd thought about suggesting a gold building but not until after the competition and assumed it would be a long shot.

Question posed above is mine. "Whould it cost gold to buy and upgrade, and if so, how expensive?"

Max's concerns are very valid, especially with the hope of 200 gold every 48 hours. I dont think the bosses would go for it unless they already have plans in place for inflating the cost of everything gold. 200 gold every 48 hours equates to a couple free vaults every month. So a thinking person would have to ask...."whats the catch?"

If they do offer a gold building, I'd like to see it not be robable (is that a word and if so, spelled right?).
    Robbing it would be good, this would increase activty and make robbing fun again

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    It's simple, it's just like printing cash to pay off national debt, which only leads to inflation. If Gree were to produce a building that paid out gold, then the gold prices of everything would go up, then a modifier would be offered as a prize to have that building make more gold, then the prices of everything gold would go up again in a never ending cycle.
    Very well said.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    This has been suggested so many times before, along with a building that pays respect points, and to keep the argument simple, never gonna happen. The game is currently balanced as far as earning currencies is concerned. Cash from buildings (yours and rivals') and jobs, RP from PvP, robs and goals, bricks from PvP and goals, raid boss tokens from jobs, gold from in-app purchase, advertising offer completion, and recently, a handful of goals. Gold from goals is a highly limited and controlled method of earning free gold though, and in many cases, the amount of gold received has been spent along the way to unlocking those goals.

Can you imagine the price tag a person could put on their resold account if it came with 200 free gold every 48 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by fan139 View Post
    Robbing it would be good, this would increase activty and make robbing fun again
    Robbing has not changed in over three years. If it's not fun for you anymore, that's not an issue with the game. That's a sign you may be growing tired of the game.
    Last edited by Weasel; 05-04-2015 at 07:29 AM.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by fan139 View Post
    I agree. And while I'm pretty clueless as to when a building becomes able to be robbed (is it when the owner can collect? How come you cannot then totally rob a building?), with the gold building, they could perhaps schedule a shorter period of robability.
    I also see the inflation problem. I think it would have to cost gold to buy and gold to update. I think the inflation factor could be minimalized by actually making it a brand new building that is limited to one per account.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I would have to agree with my counterparts, 200 every 48 hours is to fast of an output. I think it should be a once a week collection. It should be an unlock type building sort of a 2 year or 3 year anniversary for older players.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    What would you think of an LTB that paid out gold? For this to balance, I would say it would need to be a 48hour building. The level 10 max payout of like 200 gold or something would seem reasonable to me. What are you thoughts on how this could work?
    You're full of bad idea's, why devalue gold?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I love tacos View Post
    You're full of bad idea's, why devalue gold?
    He is training to become a Gree employee.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think it a good idea imagine the amount of points you will need to be a top team some thing has to happen before this game dies and were all stuck crushing candy

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    All I can do is laugh at this thread. There's no need to discuss. LMAO