GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transparency

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Transparency

Hi Gree

Another call for Transparency for this game.

You keep making changes to existing game play. You make us guess what is what. Why not give out a detailed calender on forum with explaination of changes made compared to last time the event ran.

We would like to know what is what.

I know this wont be answered. But its my wish.
    Danish Brigade Now looking for active players. Send me a PM if you want to know more

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    They cant plan anything nor problem check what they do come up with... just look at the programming... the calander wouldl be just as glitched as the game and offer no correct info anyways... monkey smash keyboard monkey get banana... we get MW
    EZ Brotherhood Officer

Post Count
    They said, for LTQs anyway, that they are going to stop posting information about it because they might putout the wrong information. Not something anyone wants to here since we are spending money. We should at least know what we are going into.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutorules View Post
    Hi Gree

Another call for Transparency for this game.

You keep making changes to existing game play. You make us guess what is what. Why not give out a detailed calender on forum with explaination of changes made compared to last time the event ran.

We would like to know what is what.

I know this wont be answered. But its my wish.
    Game development, especially in mobile games, is fast paced and requires a lot of different disciplines to work together to make the final product happen. This creates complex structures and processes that are necessary to keep things running smoothly. We in the Community team are working to change some of the processes in place to facilitate more transparency and be able to provide you with more information and context on a regular basis. Unfortunately, change is not as quick a process as we'd like. I don't want this to sound like nothing more than excuses but because changing the underlying system before you see tangible results takes time, it may appear as if nothing is happening when in fact things are changing behind the scenes. We know we are not where we should be. We are committed to increasing transparency as much as possible and we thank you for your patience in the meantime.

On a side note, there are good reasons why game developers don't share everything in advance with players. That is a complicated topic for another time

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Game development, especially in mobile games, is fast paced and requires a lot of different disciplines to work together to make the final product happen. This creates complex structures and processes that are necessary to keep things running smoothly. We in the Community team are working to change some of the processes in place to facilitate more transparency and be able to provide you with more information and context on a regular basis. Unfortunately, change is not as quick a process as we'd like. I don't want this to sound like nothing more than excuses but because changing the underlying system before you see tangible results takes time, it may appear as if nothing is happening when in fact things are changing behind the scenes. We know we are not where we should be. We are committed to increasing transparency as much as possible and we thank you for your patience in the meantime.

On a side note, there are good reasons why game developers don't share everything in advance with players. That is a complicated topic for another time
    That's rubbish. I'm sorry, but I'm calling BS. Every other game out there keeps the player base fully informed about game changes in advance. Some even publish weekly blogs about game development with updates on what the dev team have been doing since the last blog, with opportunity for player feedback on the devs ideas. And the players love it, and support the game appropriately on the forums.
    -
    But not gree. Gree is all smoke and mirrors. Why? Your announcements section may as well be written in heiroglyphics you have to go so far back before you find any useful information about upcoming changes before they get implemented. And look at how well you are supported here in your forums as a result.
    -
    What were those good reasons again? The only reason I can see is that development happens so haphazardly you wouldn't want to start promising something only to publicly reveal how it all changes on the fly and gets implemented in a rush with no clear plan or purpose from day one.
    -
    Because when you DON'T communicate what's going on, and have a track record of roll outs that we have all seen and experienced, that's the only conclusion we can draw as to why you don't. Don't forget Bolt, we've seen it all before. Every Mod since CJ has promised more open Comms and asked for our patience while it is implimented. So far, the only changes to Comms are a revolving door of mods. Apparently it's easier to change them than it is communications policy.
    -
    Now, how easy would it be to change all that with a clear and open, and above all PROACTIVE communication policy. Only shady people feel the need to hide their intentions. Do you really think it's a sound communication policy to treat your paying customers as mushrooms? Does that strike you as a winning long term strategy for player loyalty?
    -
    Or, are you not interested in long term loyalty?
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 05-03-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Sorry Bolt. You can put the "change doesn't happen overnight" excuse back up on the shelf. We heard it all over a year ago and things are a hundred times worse now. We've heard the commitments, promises, and pledges but have seen nothing but a deteriorating game and ever shrinking player base. Nothing short of a complete 180 degree turn by the entire GREE staff would stand a chance of helping at this point. Honestly though, I don't think that would be enough at this point.

Banned
    Post Count
    I've said this before, but I know our community is past the point of wanting to hear promises and wants results. Until those changes materialize and you can see that things have changed, I can't fault you for being mistrustful or resentful. Change is gradual and all I can do in the meantime is do the best I can with what I have and thank you for your patience as we make a transition. Clementine, Relic and I have all admitted that things are not working as they should and we are doing what we can to make change come sooner. Rather than offer more apologies I will reiterate our commitment to giving you a better service.

Post Count
    Ok Bolt. Quick question. Why do we have to wait until AFTER said changes to find out about them, usually in a haphazard manner and usually only after we ask?
    -
    Why not take the initiative and inform us about said changes BEFORE they occur, so we can see what is planned for the game, how it's going to be implimented, and how it impacts our decisions on how to play (not to mention, spend).
    -
    After all, we've only been asking for the last three years or so...............
    -
    Personally, I think this is all part of Gree's carefully thought through strategy. They want us in the dark, anxious about change, pressured and uncertain, because that's how people spend more than is necessary in a vain effort to keep ahead of any changes that may or may not be in the pipeline. Gree wants everything to be a mad, unpredictable, paranoid scramble to keep up. Why else treat us like mushrooms?
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 05-03-2015 at 03:59 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

How has what your company done to and for us, worked out for you?
    If the game were to end tomorrow, no player's life would be ruined.
    If this game were to disappear, it would not cost one player one US dollar.
    No one has to play this game, even though people joke about it.
    People have to get treatment for cancer, buy food, pay their utility bill, pay their mortgage or rent, pay for school tuition, pay traffic fines, pay taxes, etc..., but they don't need this game, or any game.
    Yet, your company doesn't treat its customers as if they are important to them.
    Your company dictates and mandates, rather than request or suggest.
    Therein lies the problem, plus your company repeatedly puts out a shoddy, ill conceived, and broken product.
    How's that working out for your company, Bolt?
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gosh, don't you know all of this is intended by design?? Lmao.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Hi Bolt thanks for taking time to debate it. I know there is much work and you're new.

Lets take firstly the in game calender that doesn't work

You have to go back and fourth between indi and faction to have an idea of what is coming. A simple description that this is a fltq or RB or what else would be nice. I can through much play greestimate what is what - but why should I

When you drastically change health of a boss or energy requirements for Fltq you could give a heads up - or does this fall under what you think should be a secret. (cant see what it would help Gree)

Lately we had much confusion about FL since goals go back and fourth.

You do not have to explain every change or new thing for us. But these things would be nice for my faction to know. We play your game only because we have fun as a team. Individually we would quit. FYI. But the constant back and fourth makes many very tired.

Just my two cents this morning. Let the debate continue
    Danish Brigade Now looking for active players. Send me a PM if you want to know more

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Boom Beach has actual conversations in forums and Facebook with info for upcoming events and updates. And tells when updates will take place. And what the updates actually do. I could list more games that do the same thing that most of my faction are currently enjoying together. Seems that other companies do not act as if they are some world intelligence agency, and have to play all this cloak and dagger BS! Just cut out the nonsense! I hope no one bought those ridiculous answers bolt!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Yeah bolt we have had plenty of mods before you give us the exact same speels you are giving us. Yes you need to keep giving them but you will be given an honorary Sainthood around these parts if you can get the devs to stop their fast paced bs theory and just fix what is broken.

The game is fine, can you imagine changing monopoly every week???, the few rules that game has creates havoc but changing them every time would cause siblings to murder each other quite literally.

They just need to stop panicking, take a breathe and fix all their other eff ups and the game will come back to them. It is so simple. All the research has been done for you guys.

Everyone just needs to chill. Fix the glitches n bugs. Protect your content. Remove the gambling for children and wallah, we have a great and ethical gaming situation that is a monster cash cow. Ethics do not lose you money, losing your ethics doesn't get you anywhere. Try honesty and transparency, we will pay for it.
    Last edited by bam bam.; 05-04-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Why not take the initiative and inform us about said changes BEFORE they occur...

Personally, I think this is all part of Gree's carefully thought through strategy.
    You are preaching to the choir. Being proactive and informing the community in advance is one of our Community goals. I believe in it strongly. As a gamer and Community Manager, I know the value in being proactive.

And no, it's not a conspiracy. Honestly? it just "is". In the past, GREE has not had "proactive community communication" as part of it's game development DNA. It isn't as simple as flipping a switch. It needs to be a part of how GREE makes games for it to work, otherwise you will have a few proactive updates and then the communication will peter out. GREE hasn't been there in the past and it isn't there right now. But we are working on changing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutorules View Post
    Lets take firstly the in game calender that doesn't work

You have to go back and fourth between indi and faction to have an idea of what is coming. A simple description that this is a fltq or RB or what else would be nice.

When you drastically change health of a boss or energy requirements for Fltq you could give a heads up - or does this fall under what you think should be a secret.
    The calendar is working on iOS but not on Android; I've brought this up with the team so the bug can be investigated and fixed. Discussing major changes to bosses is something I think should be discussed in advance, we are obviously not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Yeah bolt we have had plenty of mods before you give us the exact same speels you are giving us. Yes you need to keep giving them but you will be given an honorary Sainthood around these parts if you can get the devs to stop their fast paced bs theory and just fix what is broken.
    Several GREE games have had a rough time of it lately, Modern War in particular. Nobody is denying that this is unacceptable. There are systemic changes happening meant to address this problem. Change and stability may not happen as fast as we'd like but I am optimistic that things will get better.

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    You are preaching to the choir. Being proactive and informing the community in advance is one of our Community goals. I believe in it strongly. As a gamer and Community Manager, I know the value in being proactive.

And no, it's not a conspiracy. Honestly? it just "is". In the past, GREE has not had "proactive community communication" as part of it's game development DNA. It isn't as simple as flipping a switch. It needs to be a part of how GREE makes games for it to work, otherwise you will have a few proactive updates and then the communication will peter out. GREE hasn't been there in the past and it isn't there right now. But we are working on changing that.

The calendar is working on iOS but not on Android; I've brought this up with the team so the bug can be investigated and fixed. Discussing major changes to bosses is something I think should be discussed in advance, we are obviously not there yet.

Several GREE games have had a rough time of it lately, Modern War in particular. Nobody is denying that this is unacceptable. There are systemic changes happening meant to address this problem. Change and stability may not happen as fast as we'd like but I am optimistic that things will get better.
    Like most in forum I am going to be hard to convince to believe. However , at this time I would like to commend your approach in addressing the issues and mostly in being understanding of community's lack of trust. I sincerely hope you are as commited as you sound to fix the communication problem. Either way well done and I hope it continues to be your goal its going to be VERY tough to undo what has taken gree to build up as far as resentment and mistrust