why cant you just make 2 versions of MW?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why cant you just make 2 versions of MW?

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

why cant you just make 2 versions of MW?

MW is going to end in June for thousands of players that cant upgrade to 4.xyz

and those that use other platforms and cant link to play.

why cant gree just do the simple thing and have 2 versions of mw?

one for the MILLIONS OF DEVICES that are below v4 and cant go up or be upgraded for whatever reason.

and the other version for all the rich people who can afford to buy and get new devices every few months and keep upgrading as google turns out more sweets and cakes.

both device versions would be more stable imo and wld keep ur customer base.

sounds like a simple enough way to keep and extend customer base. imo.

but of course this is gree land and they have never fixed simple bugs or idsues so i doubt they would even consider the millions of ppl out there whi still want to play but cannot upgrade for whatever reason yet.
    Last edited by Cannot Connect To Server; 05-03-2015 at 05:22 AM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Was thinking that if MW did end would Gree make another war based game.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Banned
    Post Count
    And have 2 games full of glitches and problems?

Post Count
    Because they can't even get one to work perfectly?
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Already two versions.
    The one most of us play.
    And the version you crybabies play and whine about every little thing.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Out View Post
    Already two versions.
    The one most of us play.
    And the version you crybabies play and whine about every little thing.
    The addiction runs deep in this one. Here's a challenge for you. Name three consecutive events that have gone off without a hitch in the last three years. I don't mean without a hitch just for your own personal account, although that would be hard enough. I mean without any glitches whatsoever for any players.
    -
    Now, given that they are the exact same events trundled out week after week, doesn't that strike you as appalling?
    -
    If your answer is no, then ponder this. It's the nature of addiction to come to love the ones that profit peddling you junk.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    yes i know thrs loads of bugs... but thrs also loads of versions of ios and android so writing to stay compatible is difficult.

look how many versions of aos have been out... dang loads... and the programmers of all apps hv to try make it as compat as possible thus why boom beach etc is v4 up and if gree goes v4 they may stabalise some things...

but course they might not as there are hundreds bugs but hundreds of versions of android too as samsung etv add their own crud.

also.things that work on ur device might not on.others right now like my game i cant visit or raid for months it just closes within seconds.

but by making anw thats under.v4 as those older android are always going to be same now and another MW for 4up shld make things easier for the programners to do.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannot Connect To Server View Post
    yes i know thrs loads of bugs... but thrs also loads of versions of ios and android so writing to stay compatible is difficult.

look how many versions of aos have been out... dang loads... and the programmers of all apps hv to try make it as compat as possible thus why boom beach etc is v4 up and if gree goes v4 they may stabalise some things...

but course they might not as there are hundreds bugs but hundreds of versions of android too as samsung etv add their own crud.

also.things that work on ur device might not on.others right now like my game i cant visit or raid for months it just closes within seconds.

but by making anw thats under.v4 as those older android are always going to be same now and another MW for 4up shld make things easier for the programners to do.
    Yep, but other games pull it off with no dramas.

Why, I hear you ask?

Simple little thing called planning and quality control.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Was thinking that if MW did end would Gree make another war based game.
    Would anything with the Gree brand be able to sell?
    It is so tainted by incompetence and failure now that I don't think anybody would download.
    If they did manage to put out a Version 1.0 there would be no reliable upgrades.
    In Canada a Vault of Gold on Android is $100.00 and on iOS it is $140.00

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Would anything with the Gree brand be able to sell?
    It is so tainted by incompetence and failure now that I don't think anybody would download.
    If they did manage to put out a Version 1.0 there would be no reliable upgrades.
    amen to that tinker. this game is addicting is why I still here.. but if I see gree's name on any other ap(even a stupid calculator) and I would pass it up in a second no hesitation.. Gree's name as a game company has been completely ruined for me and for most of the players that have tried mw or cc or there other terribly run games

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    btw in case you don't get the point the earlier poster was making in simple terms.. your not just asking for two versions as to make it compatable for your device they might as well extend it to every single device made that has even slight capacity to run the game... that would mean making it compatable with EVERYTHING would take a ton more programmers time and coders that understand all venues.. not cost affective for any company

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    MW isn't ending in June. Perhaps you haven't noticed, the 2.14 billion limitation is gone. Apple isn't booting the game and we will still be here, though some of you will probably adjust your doomsday predictions and start sayin it will end in August or December.

As for 2 versions, it isn't going to happen. It would be a maintenance nightmare. There are 2 versions now, one for iOS and one for android. And as others have pointed out, bugs pop up. It would require more skilled programmers, which seem to be in short supply where Gree is coded. They already hAve an issue with version control, as fixes disappear and old issues are reintroduced. I would push for one good version over two bad ones.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Bugs pop up? ROFLMAO! The game is infested!

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    It's not up to gree to have two versions, this is an apple decsion. Their app must meet the new guidelines to be avaible in the App Store. Questions should be directed to apple, not gree, on this subject.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    It's not up to gree to have two versions, this is an apple decision. Their app must meet the new guidelines to be available in the App Store. Questions should be directed to apple, not gree, on this subject.
    BUT..... this is android we are talking about.. NOT IOS... this doesn't need to be forced on Android players... Should it be? Yes.. Does it have to be? NO...