Go figure, another lie

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Go figure, another lie

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Go figure, another lie

I posted a couple months back about the amr having a cap and the lvl 20 Alexandria caps at the same. I was promised that the next update would fix it but yet here is another update and still 2.1b cap. I'm usually not one to complain but I need something to spend money on. Fix it please

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelpsy View Post
    I posted a couple months back about the amr having a cap and the lvl 20 Alexandria caps at the same. I was promised that the next update would fix it but yet here is another update and still 2.1b cap. I'm usually not one to complain but I need something to spend money on. Fix it please
    It's only a display glitch though, you can spend all you want...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The flip side of this is that on the Android platforms, when you get to a certain upgrade level, each time you do the upgrade the game crashes. So not only is there a display issue but underlying code issues with the game itself.

Banned
    Post Count
    The monkey brigade at its best.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelpsy View Post
    I am on iOS and it seems to be working. Mine is showing more than the 2.147B limit and it has been adding up right so far.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Mine still shows the same...

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    My anniversary center is showing and paying 3 billion, iOS. It's the only one I upgraded past the 2.14 point.been busy updating boost buildings for the last few weeks, with an IPH of 800 million I'm in no hurry to upgrade more, not much to do with game cash.

Consistent Contributor Theblacklamp's Avatar
    Post Count
    Mine also shows the correct payout amounts of over 5 billion. iOS.
    Trample the Weak.......Hurdle the Dead

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacklamp View Post
    Mine also shows the correct payout amounts of over 5 billion. iOS.
    Are you actually getting the payout?

(The below copied from a different thread)
    I took a screen shot so I would know my cash amount. I then collected from one 2.3 billion rig and watched the negative dollars float to the top. Took another screen shot and compared the available cash. I had lost $1,895,950,039.00. (forgive the comma separators: force of habit).

I have a building the pays 2.9 billion. I'm afraid. Please somebody come rob me. I can't afford this.
    In Canada a Vault of Gold on Android is $100.00 and on iOS it is $140.00

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Are you actually getting the payout?

(The below copied from a different thread)
    I took a screen shot so I would know my cash amount. I then collected from one 2.3 billion rig and watched the negative dollars float to the top. Took another screen shot and compared the available cash. I had lost $1,895,950,039.00. (forgive the comma separators: force of habit).

I have a building the pays 2.9 billion. I'm afraid. Please somebody come rob me. I can't afford this.
    You would need you restart or wait for your cash balance to sync from the server. Until then it would appear as thou your cash balance went down

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If you have any buildings that pay 2.3 billion or more do not tap "Collect All". single tap that building to see if you collect a NEGATIVE amount or a POSITIVE amount.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    You would need you restart or wait for your cash balance to sync from the server. Until then it would appear as thou your cash balance went down
    I don't understand the "why" of your suggestion but I will do that on the next collection.
    Thanks for the help.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    I don't understand the "why" of your suggestion but I will do that on the next collection.
    Thanks for the help.
    On the "why".. All of your data/details is stored on a gree server, and not on your device..

So when you first load the game, it pulls this info down.. As an example it gets your cash balance..

When you collect from a building, the app (on your device) readjusts your balance with what it thinks it should be (this is were you see a bug).. But think of this as an estimate..

Because the app/game on your device will also send a message back to the gree side, saying "you have collected".. In the a gree side it will recalculate what your balance really is..

This real balance will then come back to your game after time or when you restart..

This method deters so hackers/cheaters.. Because even if they try to adjust their cash in game they aren't really doing anything because the true amount is stored server side..

(typing on phone, so sorry for any typos)
    Last edited by HellRaizer; 05-01-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thanks for the explanation HR. You appear to be very knowledgeable.
    Are able to explain why no update, improvement or bug fix from Gree can be produced without creating new or worse problems?
    Why they don't beta test their work or if they do are unable to find the faults prior to release?
    How they can maintain employment with such shoddy craftsmanship?

I still like the game despite all the Greeups. The "Why" of that I'll struggle with myself.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'm afraid my answers would only be speculations

I can assure you the community managers do pass on feedback and issues and also same for the support guys. However what happens after that, I don't know. I would assume that each issue/bug/new feature gets prioritised by developers/management and then that is attached to a future release..

As for the beta testing, I did raise this a long time back.. I used to raise all issues I found during the testing, and was thanked.. But I don't know what happens after that.. I do know that if enough people raise issues during the testing, the test period may be prolonged and sometimes a new version would then be released

I'm guessing these sort of questions can only be accurately answered by devs when they do their next "AMA"