New Features for World Domination

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Features for World Domination

Banned
    Post Count

New Features for World Domination

With this update come two new features for World Domination.

Premium Matches. Premium matches are automatically enabled when a match is particularly closely matched: if factions are very close in rank and power. When that happens a premium match is triggered which lets you gain up to double the points for each attack on an enemy. There is no limit to how may times premium matches may occur. There are three levels within the Premium Match-up: Premium, Epic and Legendary. The closer the factions are, the better the matchup and the more intense the scoring will be.

There are three criteria that need to be met in order for a premium match to trigger:

1. Factions must be close in rank.

2. Each faction must be within 20% of total power (attack + defense) from each other.

3. The number of faction members must be within 25 of each other.

The closer these criteria are between the two factions, the more likely the battle will be an Epic or Legendary match up.

Hotzones. Hotzones are periods of time in a war where a player can gain a defense reduction bonus against opponents. They are triggered by attacking the Command Center. Players will be aware of the hotzones in order to take advantage of them; flames burst in an animation when they are activated. Once activated, they will last for the duration of that battle. Only the player who activates the hotzone can see it and benefit from it.

Stay tuned for more as we approach the next World Domination!
    Last edited by Bolt; 05-18-2015 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Added additional Premium Match info.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thank you Bolt. I'm sure this will bring up many more questions than answers, but at least people won't be going into this totally blind. It's just a shame so many that asked so long for this type of info have already left the game for good.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post

Premium Matches. Premium matches are automatically enabled when a match is particularly closely matched: if factions are very close in rank and power. When that happens a premium match is triggered which lets you gain up to double the points for each attack on an enemy. There is no limit to how may times premium matches may occur. There are three levels within the Premium Match-up: Premium, Epic and Legendary. The closer the factions are, the better the matchup and the more intense the scoring will be.

Hotzones. Hotzones are periods of time in a war where a player can gain a defense reduction bonus against opponents. They are triggered by attacking the Command Center. Players will be aware of the hotzones in order to take advantage of them; flames burst in an animation when they are activated. Once activated, they will last for the duration of that battle.

I have to say, you do try to help the players.
    Personally, I thank you.
    What you're doing is hard for most to accept, just keep doing it.
    Eventually, people will catch on, Bolt.
    So, thank you for putting forth the effort, and my little crew and I appreciate you.
    Thank you.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    TY bolt .. Hellraiser was a good mod sad he left.. your doing well at trying to help out the community and I notice and appreciate that.. need more like you and or hellraiser.. not sure I spelled his name right but close enough that everyone will know who I mean.. anyway thanks for doing your best

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Men of Mayhem Thanks You Bolt for everything you do. Keep up the exceptional work.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post

Hotzones. Hotzones are periods of time in a war where a player can gain a defense reduction bonus against opponents. They are triggered by attacking the Command Center. Players will be aware of the hotzones in order to take advantage of them; flames burst in an animation when they are activated. Once activated, they will last for the duration of that battle.

:
    Bolt if you could get an idea from the Dev's about what rank range we can figure out for Premium, Legendary and Epic battles that'd be awesome. IE: Premium= within 100 ranks, Legendary=within 50 ranks, Epic= within 25 ranks. Hope you get what I mean.

Post Count
    Thanks Bolt that helps out a lot!
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    So basically we are at the mercy of the matchup algorithm whether or not it matches us against a premium opponent or not . Isn't the default programming of the matchup algorithm supposed to match factions of similar strength anyway ??

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    So basically we are at the mercy of the matchup algorithm whether or not it matches us against a premium opponent or not . Isn't the default programming of the matchup algorithm supposed to match factions of similar strength anyway ??
    Bolt, I fully agree with the above. Why is this needed if Gree is doing what they are supposed to? Seems like you penalize teams that can't get matched to a close ranking team due to your wonderful matching system. Seriously, who came up with this stupid idea? Other than a few teams, most go for points and rank, not wins. So it doesn't matter who the opponent is, you just try to score. Seems to me that another non player must have come up with this bright idea to make the game worse. Not sure why you don't run these ideas by players who know the game. Can you say STUPID?
    Last edited by East Coast Bias; 05-01-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Post Count
    The question maybe, how closely matched is the top team to everyone else.......
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This has been brought up a million times but how about fixing all our issues before creating new features that don't work. Just hit up andys list if you want to keep the lights on at GReE gaming
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    The question maybe, how closely matched is the top team to everyone else.......
    We just finished this feature in KA - we got 5 legendary matchups in 27 battles - however I'm in a top 200 guild where I am the strongest in my guild and can hit almost anyone we get matched against , here in MW my faction is lower ranked and we don't get to see the opponents level like we do in KA & CC ( why is that bye ???) , 3 of our legendary matchups were against teams 1 slot away from us in the standings , but one was a guild that was "taking it easy to stay low in standings and get wins" . They got 200 k on us . One other was against a guild only me and one other player had any targets - 1 was against a mismatched team ( in our favor that we destroyed .

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Why not give out more points on a wall hit? Getting only 40 points per hit drives me nuts. And who hits Command Center anyhow? I won't touch it for a measly 80 points

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWTF View Post
    Why not give out more points on a wall hit? Getting only 40 points per hit drives me nuts. And who hits Command Center anyhow? I won't touch it for a measly 80 points
    Let's just say that them little wall bangers have won many WD battles.
    After all, points is points!!!
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Sometimes a similar strength faction will be lower in rank because they're from a time zone that's sleeping or working when the event starts or they're sandbagging to get easier matchups. Sounds like a premium match requires both strength and ranking to be close.