happy members.. - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: happy members..

Post Count
    Jess, could you cite an example of what you're talking about please?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor JakeCullen's Avatar
    Post Count
    Alright moderators, since you seemingly ignored my question in the first page, here's the second one: Since you enforce everyone to be nice to everybody, (which I believe I tried to abide by regardless of rules); and being this is a game forum (for game info and advisories I would assume); and you distinguished mods carry our words to Gree (and vice versa), my question: Is (or was) Gree nice to us?
    Face it, I'm hotter and colder than you. :-)

Articulate Author Thatkidyouknow's Avatar
    Post Count
    There's better companies to community manage for and I bet they pay more....believe it or not. What this forum has turned into isn't just from no moderation, the play style of the game makes it near impossible to moderate in game. So many of what happens on the forums happens in game. Other games are much easier to manage. Look at some of the biggest mine craft servers forums. The moderators names mean something, not just an orange tint, but when a staff member says something on forum, you know not to mess with them.
    Last edited by Thatkidyouknow; 04-30-2015 at 05:38 PM.
    I run my own gaming community. We may not make as much as gree, but our players are a wee bit happier.

Post Count
    I've read through Relic's detailed postings in this thread, and appreciate taking the time to so clearly explain the moderation goals. Seems reasonable, and good luck to them in seeing if a more enjoyable and informative forum can be achieved.

Post Count
    A big reason that these forums are now a ghost town for the most part is simply that the game is not what it used to be. I'm sure most of Gree's staff and certainly the players have noticed. When I started playing Crime City a little over two years ago the game was far more competitive and expensive. You couldn't get near a top 10 syndicate without scoring at least 300K IP, top 25 was 125K, and top 50-75 was about 50-85K IP. And this was when the only IP mods that existed were the syn bonuses and 1 3% IP mod awarded the second war to the top 10. Now 100K can get you top 10 and that's with the Tildas 20% IP mod.

A big reason why so many spent so much was the rivalry and the appeal to the game. What is now called trolling, naming and shaming, and bullying used to be good old rivalries. That's what fueled this game. SAS and FC pushing to knock down the once feared Indians didn't come from nothing, it was the rivalry and often the true hatred for the other team. When SAS had their falling out it became a rivalry with Rouges that had everything from stealing big players to hacker accusations that got everyone's opinion involved. Even amongst the top 10-25, 10th and 11th place we almost always decided by the very last battles, same as 25th and 26th. Leading to even more rivalries.

Sadly those kind of threads could never last these dad as they would be shut down within minutes of a mod seeing it. Gone are the days of 20+ page threads with hundreds of comments of everyone going back and forth and how to deal with hackers and who was and who wasn't. Now, mention the word hacker and the thread is deleted. While hacker accusations and naming and shaming other syndicates might not be nice all the time, they are what helped your game profit so much.

Another big reason many don't visit these forums anymore is the lack of information provided. With all due respect Clemintine I find it extremely difficult to believe that the mods and community managers are helping provide as much information to the players as possible. When's the last time we saw a winners list? A goals and prizes list for an LTQ? Maybe even a Epic or Raid boss prize guide? Months. All of these simply disappeared when Assault and Flathery (agreed by most the best mod this forum has seen) was transfered elsewhere. If she could provide all this why can't someone else?

Back Alley Network

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    Tread carefully.
    This sentence makes me feel uncomfortable to post here and creates a bullying atmosphere. Please edit to something more friendly. Thank you

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    This sentence makes me feel uncomfortable to post here and creates a bullying atmosphere. Please edit to something more friendly. Thank you
    I agree with this post.

Post Count
    I've been pretty much afraid to post anything on this thread. The lines are nonexistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I've been pretty much afraid to post anything on this thread. The lines are nonexistent.
    I agree with this post.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This forum's atmosphere is a direct result of the game experience...

A game presented to players full of mistakes, glitches and direct exploitation will result in a forum full of bitter, complaining and unsatisfied customers.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    BTW...can this thread be stickied? Lol.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    This is exactly what I meant when I said above that I felt bullied by moderators. That is not sarcastic. It is true. In a civil, adult conversation I would politely go on, explain my feelings further and perhaps make polite suggestions on how to resolve what is obviously a problem.
    But with each attempt to do so, I think "no, no, no." They might see this as "shaming," or is a suggestion the same as telling moderators or Gree how to do their job? And then I start to wonder... Never mind. It isn't worth it.
    I'ld be interested in why moderators et al have concluded that this forum they agree is primarily adult feel that we all must cowtow to the youngest common denominator for etiquette's sake, but I honestly guess that's none of my- or our business. Seriously.
    Last edited by Red BD; 04-30-2015 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Crammed/typing/a deep breath or 7

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    I felt very threatened by that comment actually.
    I've never felt threatened on this forum before.

The threat wasn't even veiled. Garden variety thuggery.
    Yet Clementine ignored it......
    Always Famous......

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandukan View Post
    I felt very threatened by that comment actually.
    I've never felt threatened on this forum before.

The threat wasn't even veiled. Garden variety thuggery.
    Yet Clementine ignored it......
    I strongly and positively agree with this post.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Can we start an over/under on the number of posts to this thread before it is deemed "unconstructive" and "lockable?"

My bid is 72.