happy members.. - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: happy members..

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty McPurr View Post
    This forum's atmosphere is a direct result of the game experience...

A game presented to players full of mistakes, glitches and direct exploitation will result in a forum full of bitter, complaining and unsatisfied customers.
    Well, to each his/her own (as the CM, or whatever) sort of said before. For me it's the attitude of those moderating the Forum which has, to a large extent, messed with a good game.
    "Play what we got and say ya loves it- I yam what I yam and dat's all I yam
    And if you don't like it, leave it."---- to paraphrase one unknown (un)named moderator in a post a couple weeks ago when she/he stated "this isn't America so we don't buy the free speech rigamorole." ( well words to that effect.

Ban me or whatever for asking this and all you dream it might subversively imply, but if you were a business is that what you would essentially tell your customers to "keep (them) happy"?

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Red BD View Post
    For me it's the attitude of those moderating the Forum which has, to a large extent, messed with a good game.
    I doubt this is the case. We all want more thing from the game, but the Forum moderation does not actually change what's in game. *Cough* Smelting Event.

I for one love new events and fixes to the game. Makes me happy that stuff works.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    I doubt this is the case. We all want more thing from the game, but the Forum moderation does not actually change what's in game.
    It may not change what's in game but the style of moderation sets the tone for this forum. If new people come here and see mods closing down threads left, right and centre it leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth.

Users got their warning and infractions but choose to not follow those rules and will end up being banned, as some users stated before that they could care less about those rules. Tread carefully.
    This, which you posted earlier in this thread comes across like some over-zealous police officer. Spoken English and written English are two very different animals, and you should not generally write in the same way you might speak face to face.

The volunteer mods do a job which I'm sure is very valuable to Gree, but whilst they may not be employees of the company they are representing them on these forums and should bear that in mind. You are servants of the community here, not our overseers. A lighter touch would be welcomed by the vast majority.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    In the interests of providing a balanced opinion, I'd just like to add that you can find more entertainment by plucking your armpit hair than reading these forums as they are.

Back in the old days, this was Crime City - Full of bugs and based on rivalries between players
    It became Crime City - Full of bugs and based on rivalries between syndicates
    Now it's Crime City - Full of bugs and based on rivalries between players and Gree where syndicates join together to "beat" the company.

Congratulations Gree - Another game starts struggling. It's like you never learn.

Might I suggest a re-brand?

You could call the game Friendly City, keep filtering out profanity everywhere and stop using acronyms that suggest swearing or bad language. You could then change the map jobs so instead of robbing, you could help old ladies cross the road. You could even remove the syndicates altogether and have everyone playing on the same team in an effort to exploit the system put in place by lazy developers (This would only work if you had lazy developers, which obviously, you don't)
    Last edited by cynicalmofo; 05-01-2015 at 04:40 AM.
    Definition of Game: A competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a single set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

As the rules in CC differ by level, does that stop it being classed as a game?

Post Count
    I doubt this is the case. We all want more thing from the game, but the Forum moderation does not actually change what's in game.
    I used to see this forum as an extension of the game. It was a fun place where you could come get information on strategies and ideas on how to best utilize resources. I would most often have both open at the same time. You could discuss issues of the game with fellow gamers. (as someone said earlier search for Billionaire's old posts) We could even engage in some friendly trash talking. (search for Molly's Voice) And yes moderators would give out information (yes Weasel, sometimes it was wrong info) and to let us know that problems were known to exist and they are being sorted.

Now it seems that we go days with nary a peep from any forum moderator. We voice all sorts of issues and concerns about various aspects of game play that are broken or not functioning properly. Then the moderators finally show up and just start swinging Mjölnir around as if they were Thor. (PBUH) Then just as rapidly, they disappear. No acknowledgement of our concerns or questions, just, "You're banned, you're banned, you're banned, you're cool, you're banned". "Locking this thread, this one, this one, deleting this one, and.... it's gone". (the past few days have been much better and I have seen posts thanking moderators for taking time to actually hold conversations with us)

We just had a three day LTQ and not one single thread about it. (I know LTQs have been terrible for a long time, but this one seemed to have decent awards) Two years ago there would have been multiple threads about an LTQ (yes they were more meaningful back then) with many people weighing on strategies and where to find the best items. Now nothing. Crickets.

Even 'Happy gaming mate" Spiderman seems to have left the forums.

In my very humble opinion the over moderation of the forums, the over lapping and often broken events, the escalating costs, the lack of any useful information, the baiting and switching and the way customers are treated has killed this forum and seriously damaged the game.

PS is Engram still alive?
    PSS Captain Torgue Rulz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Fish View Post
    You really provide a quantity gaming experience.

Post Count
    You know I JUST REALIZED this morning that the ominous "Tread Carefully" post was directed at me. How could I have not seen that, you ask? Because I didn't post anything even CLOSE to objectionable!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I really don't care what rules you have, but I hate arbitrary enforcement.
    You really see that as a problem? It says I'll FOLLOW whatever rules you have as long as they're objective and enforced evenly. Sheesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    This forum was allowed to go unmoderated for quite sometime. Folks were allowed to attack and insult others (other members of the community, the company staff, and the company). By having minimal moderation this forum became virtually uninhabitable for users, except for a select few. We saw fewer new members joining, and those that did join were often pushed out by the current members. Seeing this, and wanting this to become a place where all would feel welcome, we knew a change needed to be made. So we added the Forum Moderator program, rewrote the Code of Conduct, and started enforcing the rules more rigorously. This was and continues to be the right decision.

We understand that many of you are deeply passionate about these games and that your frustration is due to the fact that there are many issues in games that you love (or at least enjoy). However, that passion and frustration does not give you the prerogative to continually attack and aggravate each other, the moderators, or the staff. Yes, these forums are here so that you can air your grievances and share your concerns, but they are also here so that you can meet new people, make friends, and have conversations with individuals who share similar interests. Instead of this, we see people being persecuted for differing opinions. We see needless name calling and insults being slung. We see harassment and trolling.

On the subject of "Trolls", myself, Bolt, and Relic have all been working in community for a very long time (between the three of us we have over 30 years experience). We understand that every community will have these types of individuals; they are part of the territory. However, when the behavior of these individuals begin to drive away other community members, or prevent them from participating in the conversation, action must be taken. You have noticed that recently we have clamped down on this kind of behavior. We will not tolerate the inflammatory posts that are meant to do nothing but insult others, or aggravate the volunteer mods or the paid staff. And yes, we have been quicker to lock or remove threads that go significantly off topic. We do this to prevent them from becoming unnecessarily inflammatory. If folks do not want threads to be locked, we ask that you examine why they are being locked, and stop engaging in that type of behavior.

We are working our hardest, every single day, to make this a better place to be for all. While we, the Community Management staff, have no control over the state of the games (we are not Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, or QA), we convey every legitimate issue and concern to the Developers as soon as it comes to our attention. The same is true for our Customer Support staff. Together we work to champion your needs and concerns. Does it mean things will get fixed right away? No, but we will make sure it is not ignored or forgotten.

In regards to the desire and need for more information, we are constantly working to improve the process, get more information in advance, and share more with you, our community. However, it is important to understand that there are times when our hands are tied, when there is a piece of information that you may want but we are unable to share it with you. This is the nature of business.

On a regular basis the Community Management staff receives PMs from community members thanking us for trying to clean up the forums, and for trying to remove the negativity. We also receive messages from community members who ask us to do more, to come down harder on the "trolls". They feel as though they can not participate in the community for fear of being attacked, or bullied. This is not acceptable. This is what we are working to change.

I know that this community is filled with intelligent, passionate, individuals, even if it is sometimes hard to see. It is time we work together, community members, volunteers mods, and Community Management staff, to make this place a better place for all.
    Too long DIDNT READ!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    This, which you posted earlier in this thread comes across like some over-zealous police officer. Spoken English and written English are two very different animals, and you should not generally write in the same way you might speak face to face.

The volunteer mods do a job which I'm sure is very valuable to Gree, but whilst they may not be employees of the company they are representing them on these forums and should bear that in mind. You are servants of the community here, not our overseers. A lighter touch would be welcomed by the vast majority.
    This. The "tread carefully" comment just doesn't read well. Frankly, as a very adult business professional with more years in a professional workplace that most here have been alive, much less the moderators, this level of condescending finger wagging really leaves a sour taste and carries a on a consistent tone from this individual as in past posts.

And someone somewhere made a point how moderators, or Gree employees, provide absolutely nothing in terms of information to these forums like Assault & Flattery used to do. It's not just a courtesy, if people actually knew what the prizes would be along the path to the final of all these events, people might actually spend more on the game. As it exists, moderators are here to scold and ban. No other reason. That is not a healthy environment, and I have never seen it like this in 20 years of visiting forums. Especially for a customer based site.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I can understand a little about both side of argument, I'm moderator on a different unrelated outdoor forum. That being said I've played CC long enough to remember Gingerbread house and Pumpkin/Football Bombs lmfao. I lurked on this site for almost 18 months, before making an account. No doubt it has changed significantly, it used be mutual respect between players and moderators. This forum used to be valuable source of information, getting to know rivals, make friends or represent your syndicate. I believe in freedom of speech, but when you pop up and read any random thread, a positive topic quickly become negative in the blink of an eye. Usually the same suspects, like many have said if you have different opinion than others, you are quickly cornered and the sharks feed. I really do hope it can get back to the way it was a year so ago, unfortunately once you lose something it's very difficult to get "THAT" back to it's original form.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I am surprised this hasn't landed in the off-topic section yet. Nothing about this thread has anything directly to do with Crime City, or any Gree title.

Are people just visiting the forum for the first time supposed to feel welcome when there is a thread several pages long exprssing concerns about the forum atmosphere by what appears to be nearly evey post conatined within it?

And a warning to tread carefully, given the way it was... If I were visiting this forum for the first time, I think I would choose to not tread here at all. (See post #23 in this thread.)
    Last edited by Weasel; 05-01-2015 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Precoffee typos

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yeah It sounds heavy-handed...Weasel.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Thank you for your feedback about the Moderators. We have provided them with a reminder to not be so heavy handed in their communications. It can be tough when frustrations and tensions are high. We (the CM team) are going to practice this as well.

As for the comments about "not trying our hardest to provide information to you guys". This is untrue. We are constantly talking with the Developers, asking questions, trying to get answers, and determining what can be shared with the Community. We (the Community Management team) are constantly pushing for more transparency. However, as I mentioned, sometimes our hands our tied.

Finally, we do understand that the forums are reflective of the state of the game(s), and that the state has declined in the last months. That being said, it is still possible to air your frustrations and grievances in a way that doesn't require you to attack/bully others, or make inflammatory remarks simply for the sake of "stirring the pot".

Post Count
    No talking about bands!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"