Is MW really doing that bad or not??

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is MW really doing that bad or not??

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

According to this gaming tracking website, MW revenue is not down that much.... but scoring and activity/participation was well down in last WD war. Am I missing something??

https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/33/modern-war/

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    the key word on that page is ESTIMATES... the game is dieing more factions merges happening every cycle due to players leaveing in droves and fewer new players.. the mid range that spent gold is moving up to take place of bigger dawgs tired of the grind and glitches and fewer newbs sticking around to take their spots as well.. the pool of players is shrinking as the gaps in advantages are still grossly unbalanced.....you haven't missed anything the game is in trouble

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Napgar View Post
    According to this gaming tracking website, MW revenue is not down that much.... but scoring and activity/participation was well down in last WD war. Am I missing something??

https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/33/modern-war/

ABOUT OUR REVENUE, RETENTION, AND USAGE ESTIMATES

Think Gaming estimates use data from public companies and anonymized submissions to build a proprietary model of app installs and revenue for each rank on the Top Grossing Charts, Top Free and Top Paid Charts. Please report any data problems.

Estimates all based on old data. Of course their installs are solid, because so many players have to delete and re-install to try to fix their account! Even the mods and managers are always recommending a "fresh install". This keeps GREE's numbers looking good!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    My signature says it all.

There is an old saying "lies, damn lies and statistics". You can always fudge the numbers.

What will happen is one day in the not too distant future we will get "cannot connect to server". The mods will have no heads up, they will be as in the dark as we are....maybe 24-72hrs after we know they will haha.

Why compete, the factions spend to lose the auction as SUP has won everything in living memory. Ultimately why compete?. Just spending as much as you can to still spend less than SUP. How long can you have fun doing that?. Can't strategise in any aspect of any part of the game that is worth a damn to help your cause.

Not to mention this cycle starting out with a fouled up ltq and having everyone compete for a title that they received only 12months ago.

It is not a sustainable business model. It is actual passed its expiry now.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Napgar View Post
    .............. Not.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This all you need to know to determine for yourself (assuming you know how to read market data), the trading or ticker symbol for Gree = GREZF
    No, its not on the real markets in the US its traded OTC.
    It can also be charted on the Tokyo Exchange and can be found on the Frankfurt Exchange as: V3U.

This will help you jump start your search:

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/st...p?ticker=GREZF
    Last edited by DEWIN NUTTIN; 04-28-2015 at 03:51 AM.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    If gree does not report revenues on this game who knows. If that page is estamating based on download figures supplied by apple and google it could be horribly skewed because of the number of times needed to reinstall the app in order to log into accounts. Last WD I must have done 30 or more reinstalls.

Gree is a aquisition company so that makes it a bit more complicated to get a handle on real numbers.

Based on what I see in game across a number of different levels I would say participation has never been lower.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    The 49K daily active users seems to be about right based on what I observed last WD/Japan.

However, I'd peg dedicated, active players at 15-20K and paying players (more than $100/mo) at ~1000.

The $26K daily revenue might be accurate but only for about 1 week out of the WD Cycle (WD/FL). The rest of the cycle their revenues are probably very low, maybe $2K/day at the very most.

Participation this past cycle was astoundingly bad. Our ~700 rank faction jumped up to 230. The number of full, active participating factions I'd estimate at less than 200, accounting for about 12K players. I estimate that this is a loss of around 20-25K players in the past cycle alone. That's a huge exodus.

As noted above I believe the daily install number is not accurate at all. I would estimate the number of new players coming into the game and becoming active, daily players to be a negligible amount.

Based on evidence I think around November or December of 2014 Gree made the decision to end continuing development on this game and place the game into maintenance mode. The game at this point probably has only 1-2 dedicated employees providing configuration and maintenance.

If I were to make a guess at the current rate of decline it would take about 2-4 months from this point before enough players have left the game to make it unprofitable for the company. I would expect Gree to make an announcement about 2-3 weeks after that point (around September time frame at the latest).
    Last edited by NexusImperium; 04-28-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    It's definitly winding down, no doubt. This past wd may or may not be as great an indicator as might be believed. The prizes did suck, and ultimately people play for the prizes. If they bring out some good prizes for the next one, we will probably see better participation. Or not

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It's not about the prizes anymore. The people are just gone. I sat out this WD, with the exception of one single hit. I scored a whole 519 points, which ranked me at 58,294. Many were ranked very similarly to me, as my point total wasn't very far from top 40,000. What that tells me is that nearly 20,000 accounts sat idle and only pulled some defensive wins. I think it shows a pretty bad state when 1/3 of the accounts in active factions are no shows.

Btw, i apologize for my use of commas and not being on board with our fine GREE standards.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    i placed 67000 or so with 40 WD points. My faction placed 7667 with 40 WD points.

I have to believe there are many dormant accounts that scored more points by simply being in a faction than the one hit on a wall that I did for the faction.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This was the lowest participation I have ever seen in WD - I am in a top 10 facton and I would say that almost all factions encountered were going on regen - looks like only teams in top 25 really using gold anymore
    Last edited by thescondo; 04-28-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Post Count
    I'm not sure teams planned to regen when going against you but may have had to call an audible. I'm on a faction that finished in the 30s and when we faced some top 10 teams we just didn't have any targets. I'm guessing that the top ten unless matched against each other faced light competition. In the past we could periodically give someone a challenge but this WD some defenses were out of reach.
    Account Creation: 2012-09-22 21:57

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    That's another point - when the latest inflation occurred it made the stat gap spin way out of control. The game became way uncompetitive. People last WD learned that you can't spend gold when you have no targets to hit.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    It's definitly winding down, no doubt. This past wd may or may not be as great an indicator as might be believed. The prizes did suck, and ultimately people play for the prizes. If they bring out some good prizes for the next one, we will probably see better participation. Or not
    Thats the thing though. In theory, if the prizes are good, people pay for them. Its been shown in MANY before so I dont understand why the prizes have sucked. It was nice seeing the building boost as I look forward to those but if GREE is not trying to kill the game, like they have been saying then what in the world are they doing.