Should units have a shelf life? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should units have a shelf life?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Apart from bonus units all other units already have a shelf life.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Wolf View Post
    i am not talking about the top tappers. i am talking to the tappers that are in the top 100-500 factions that will not spend as much because the units going away. i am in a top faction and i don't think i would spend on units that went away a year later. i probably would for health regen units because those would pay for them selfs in war.
    Gree already proved this would work at least to lesser degree with temp boost earned threw cycle with much short benefit time frame.. many from all lvls of factions spent gold to get the temp boost as quickly as possible.. I do think some bonuses should be permanent however think they should be won at lower lvls(which means top dawgs will also have them by default) but time frame on bonuses is a possible way of saving the game and undoing the stat inflation. I do have to admit I like seeing hundreds of bil stats on my ids.. but before that epic boss I could reg attack 90% of the dls we faced and win now with the epic boss units AND the new boost buildings the dl always has stats in the trillions.

BUt the reason this would work is simple.. most on top want the bragging rights of saying their a top 5 or 10 team bla bla bla bla. it might actually encourage additional gold usage in higher arena as if the top 1 team slacks for more then a cycle or two well the climb back is gonna be harder so keep your spot will drive the tappers just as much if not more then it does now. The top players spenders etc its somewhat of an ego thing for them to be the best of the best .. that WONT change.

permanent boost will be like 50% of the energy regen bonuses so we can balance out the boosts.. and plus to upgrades should be permanent but with limit(ie no matter how many units with that bonus you get say 6 upgrades at once is max gain) an regen bonuses some permanent and then some high end temp regens would draw interest..

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS IS AN OPTION GREE COULD USE TO EXTEND LIFE OF GAME AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE PUL IT OUT OF THE GRAVEYARD

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    They could auto recycle all the old units for cash and valour.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by good gawd noooo View Post
    Gree already proved this would work at least to lesser degree with temp boost earned threw cycle with much short benefit time frame.. many from all lvls of factions spent gold to get the temp boost as quickly as possible.. I do think some bonuses should be permanent however think they should be won at lower lvls(which means top dawgs will also have them by default) but time frame on bonuses is a possible way of saving the game and undoing the stat inflation. I do have to admit I like seeing hundreds of bil stats on my ids.. but before that epic boss I could reg attack 90% of the dls we faced and win now with the epic boss units AND the new boost buildings the dl always has stats in the trillions.

BUt the reason this would work is simple.. most on top want the bragging rights of saying their a top 5 or 10 team bla bla bla bla. it might actually encourage additional gold usage in higher arena as if the top 1 team slacks for more then a cycle or two well the climb back is gonna be harder so keep your spot will drive the tappers just as much if not more then it does now. The top players spenders etc its somewhat of an ego thing for them to be the best of the best .. that WONT change.

permanent boost will be like 50% of the energy regen bonuses so we can balance out the boosts.. and plus to upgrades should be permanent but with limit(ie no matter how many units with that bonus you get say 6 upgrades at once is max gain) an regen bonuses some permanent and then some high end temp regens would draw interest..

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS IS AN OPTION GREE COULD USE TO EXTEND LIFE OF GAME AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE PUL IT OUT OF THE GRAVEYARD

I have never heard of a faction using gold to get the temp reward faster. To each is their own I guess

Post Count
    The only permanent boosts should be faction boosts. Get rid of the unit boost after a year of having that unit. No permanent unit boosts at all.

It keeps the pressure on the top teams to keep their game at full throttle, it allows lower or new players the hope that if they lift their game (ie spend), they have a stab at being at the top.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    They could auto recycle all the old units for cash and valour.
    With no need for stat inflation, ALL the old units could be put on an auto cycle. Lowers the workload for gree to constantly program new and different units. They can then dedicate time to fixing issues rather than constantly implementing new content.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Many people, places, and things won't be around in 365 days from now.
    A year is a very long time.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Many people, places, and things won't be around in 365 days from now.
    A year is a very long time.
    I seem to recall you saying something similar a year ago.
    -
    But, yes, a year is a long time. Which is why this would work to keep the game constantly renewed and fresh for new and old alike.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    I would not like to lose any units, however I do think some cycles should use certain units for stats and have events based on those units.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    I would not like to lose any units, however I do think some cycles should use certain units for stats and have events based on those units.
    What's the difference? And your way offers far more opportunity for malfunctioning rollouts.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    no one wants to lose units.. personaly keeping units but losing bonus seems better over all to me.. however something does need to be done in regards to stat inflation and all these boosts out there that make it impossible for newer players to ever be more then a wannabe. yes they earned them and even those of us in lower levels would love some hard earned bonuses.. but as you can tell by recent turnout in wd and the frenzy for merges instead of recruits in forum indicate.. this horse isn't gonna get back up without severe intervention

Post Count
    It seems to me that in one swoop if this was implemented it could fix 95% of what ails this game. Sure, there would be pain to start, but give it 6 months into a new regime and no one will remember as the game goes on.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    It seems to me that in one swoop if this was implemented it could fix 95% of what ails this game. Sure, there would be pain to start, but give it 6 months into a new regime and no one will remember as the game goes on.
    It would be a start.
    But, we know who fails to even entertain any suggestions.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    I agree something needs to be done. Perhaps giving people destructible units for rewards during the end of. For example, an LTQ would give units up to 10/15, since this is where money needs to be spent that can be loss during normal gameplay. 9/10 would give you a destructible unit with say, 500K A/D but all units afterwards would be indestructible. Rather than getting 8 or 9 indestructible units, you get 2 or 3 that say forever. People would also complete normal and easy LTQ for the final unit, even if it has 1m stats since it stays around.

The problem is EVERY unit we get cannot be lost in normal gameplay. I think bring back Full Assault fixes this almost instantly since the players make the meta and the meta would be high stat units, make LTQs from here on out that have units that can be lost but the final few and fix the current inflation somehow. The problem is how do we fix it in a way to where most players would agree with it.

Post Count
    I agree something needs to be done. Perhaps giving people destructible units for rewards during the end of. For example, an LTQ would give units up to 10/15, since this is where money needs to be spent that can be loss during normal gameplay. 9/10 would give you a destructible unit with say, 500K A/D but all units afterwards would be indestructible. Rather than getting 8 or 9 indestructible units, you get 2 or 3 that say forever. People would also complete normal and easy LTQ for the final unit, even if it has 1m stats since it stays around.

The problem is EVERY unit we get cannot be lost in normal gameplay. I think bring back Full Assault fixes this almost instantly since the players make the meta and the meta would be high stat units, make LTQs from here on out that have units that can be lost but the final few and fix the current inflation somehow. The problem is how do we fix it in a way to where most players would agree with it.
    you're missing the point entirely. The biggest problem is exactly that players hang on to every unit they get that is indestructible, and since Gree aren't as generous as they once were with boosts, this leads to massive advantage for active old-timers that is essentially killing the game as they try every means under the sun to fix it and just foul things up more (equipment, monster stat inflation, etc.)

Giving all units a shelf life renews the game as a matter of routine and removes the need for all that in one action. Gives old players something to play for as they could lose their advantage and could be dethroned if they rest on their laurels and don't participate to renew units. Gives new players hope that they can realistically reach the pinnacle one day - as at the moment they have a snowballs chance in hell of getting to the top unless they part with tens of thousands of dollars to bridge that gap or all old timers bail from the game. The competition that makes the game great is renewed, and hopefully most of the snafus that make it not so great are removed as the game is greatly simplified.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln