Buying Uzi's in bulk - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying Uzi's in bulk

Post Count
    I have repeatedly just asked gree to just give an official answer on whether they approved of "jumping" or not. If they did, I would have started jumping myself. It was permitted by game mechanics, but it was so counterintuitive that it seemed almost like cheating to me. almost.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I have repeatedly just asked gree to just give an official answer on whether they approved of "jumping" or not. If they did, I would have started jumping myself. It was permitted by game mechanics, but it was so counterintuitive that it seemed almost like cheating to me. almost.
    Yes sir, you have sir. IMHO not at all an unreasonable request. The parent in me can see the downside to jumping. The Grandparent is unsure. I guess they tried a work around this time- or not (of course it's a triple secret work around if anything). My personal opinion is that this jumping is a very bad thing. BUT I guess if one is solo ??????????
    Gree should RSVP IMHO.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandukan View Post
    If GREE finds that their game allows for things they don't intend then I fully anticipate that they will do things to correct this.
    What I find curious are players that are vocally against other players using strategies that are completely legal because they believe that is not what GREE intended or want.

You have to ask what is the motivation of these vocal few.
    Are they:
    1. Trying to stick it to GREE, who we all agree are incompetent and avaricious?
    2. Sticking it to other players who are building their stats without GREE taking their money?

What do you think?
    In the case of epic boss, shutting down the ability of low levels to sweep the event before them one hit all the way is long overdue as it was grossly unfair towards higher level players (to a lesser extent 151-200s, more so 201-250s and especially >251s).

For raid boss, Gree probably have no opinion on you farming the event if you wish, but not in the way it was being done - hundreds filing through syndicates and all getting prizes for free with a QA. They want you to hand over your gold to do that.

I'm like Weasel in not caring too much about you farming raid boss. It doesn't affect my game one bit what you do.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Actually I have to disagree with this. At the rate that my syn is farming bosses (they're going down within 10/20 minutes and we're farming 3/4 bosses at a time) thousands upon thousands of uzis have been needed in order to do so.

But for just finishing elite 130 Uzis per person in a 60 man syn is more than enough
    Farming 4 at once? Doing it wrong, bro

Post Count
    1. There is nobody in this game named Skippy. Nice backpedal.

2. Beyond the Dead has options to buy things in bulk, as do other Gree games. This should be low hanging fruit from a development standpoint. Doesn't mean it would ever be a priority, but it does have gold attached to it, so it is higher on the list than others.

3. I have zero sympathy for people who are claiming farming hundreds of toons is too hard. Boo hoo. If you had to buy lots of uzis just to finish the event, you have a sympathetic ear, but to farm additional prizes for days? Suck it up.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Apparently you & I don't have the same rival list...

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I agree, I would love to purchase Uzi in bulk, but it would ruin the point of tapping the amount you want and actually spending time in the game. Rather than being lazy and purchasing 500 Uzi in one click.

Post Count
    I know the point of the game was tapping, but this is the first time I've never seen tapping the same "buy" button hundreds of times as being all that important.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I know the point of the game was tapping, but this is the first time I've never seen tapping the same "buy" button hundreds of times as being all that important.
    Respect points and gold are nowhere near as easily and cheaply obtained as game cash. I can easily imagine a situation where someone enters a number of uzis they want to buy, "accidentally" taps an extra zero (or two) "because of lag", and finds their gold or respect point totals immediately reduced to zero. This is followed by a ticket asking for the currency to be returned, and by the time support has issued the reinstatement of erroneously spent currency, the uzis have been spent and no currency is deducted from the amount refunded to compensate. Free uzis.

The simple, one-at-a-time purchase is probably the best way to prevent abuse, and it prevents people from "accidentally" buying a number of uzis they don't want or need. As much as we love to give Gree flack for bugs and typos and what have you, this instance of keeping it simple makes quite a bit of sense.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    I agree, I would love to purchase Uzi in bulk, but it would ruin the point of tapping the amount you want and actually spending time in the game. Rather than being lazy and purchasing 500 Uzi in one click.
    You're joking right? I assume then you disagree with how ingame cash/respect weapons can be purchased also.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    This is completely insane. Like when we were arguing about the "collect all" button. Some people wanted it to be a "collect some" button, other people wanted a "collect what I want you to based on my mood" button. Make buying bulk an option, for those of you that don't want to do it, buy them one at a time, it's that simple. That way everyone is happy, the people who want bulk and you tapaholics that want to buy them individually. In fact here's an even better idea, they should add a confirmation popup when you go to buy them. Then you can two taps per uzi!

Post Count
    Everyone would rather have a bulk purchase option, obviously. No one is saying otherwise. Some have pointed out possible reasons why they might not give it to us, which is completely different. Settle down.
    Still mad at Bostick.