App Keeps Crashing

For some unknown reason, over the last few days, the LoW App has completely crashed on several occasions. In almost a year of play I have never seen anything like this before. Twice it has happened in mid-battle, so I lost points. And it also happened while I was training something, and when I logged back in, it had jumped backwards about three steps from where I had been before the crash.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Any advice or suggestions?

Delete game and download app again. You don't lose anything. I have to do it every month or two.

I was having that and re-installed several times. Finally CJCJ told me to shut down my ipod completely and restart it and now it's been running ever since. No crashes so far and it's been about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker1111 View Post
    I was having that and re-installed several times. Finally CJCJ told me to shut down my ipod completely and restart it and now it's been running ever since. No crashes so far and it's been about a week.
    I know how to "switch off" my iPad Mini, but how would I "shut it down completely"?

On my iPod I just hold down the power button till it says swipe to turn off. If you have tried that then I'm all out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by meritus View Post
    Delete game and download app again. You don't lose anything. I have to do it every month or two.
    With some trepidation I followed your advice and deleted the app. After re-installing I was very relieved to see my account reappear in full with nothing lost. And the problem has been solved - no more long freezes, no more crashes. And in addition an extra 500 Mb of free memory has appeared on my device.

Thanks to everybody that offered advice. Special thanks to meritus.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanPhalanx View Post
    With some trepidation I followed your advice and deleted the app. After re-installing I was very relieved to see my account reappear in full with nothing lost. And the problem has been solved - no more long freezes, no more crashes. And in addition an extra 500 Mb of free memory has appeared on my device.

Thanks to everybody that offered advice. Special thanks to meritus.
    Yeah, its scarey the first time, but the game does come back in full. I have to do it once every week or so, either because of the BLACK DEATH crashing or one time I had the 'freezes' problem and it resolves it.... until it comes back and I have to do it again.

I have heard stories though, that if you delete/reinstall immediately after beating a level or something the game might lose that progress. But thats only anecdotal.

I think before I restarted my phone I re-installed the app at least 10 times in one week.