Advertisement Emails from Gree - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertisement Emails from Gree

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    If you ate breakfast you wouldnt be so grouchy.
    I AM BATMAN

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight...eless_Spam_Act

Hope you will correct the wiki entry if it's wrong, but going by that it would seem your consent is implicit by having engaged in a transaction with the company. I've not studied any small print that might be on the email sent to me, but if there is no "opt out" link, then Gree should add one so people can choose not to receive.

It would be impossible to have a banket ban on advertising email shots as Weasel suggests. Any Amazon customer will be aware how many they send out.
    A transaction involves a purchase or business deal. I have performed no such actions with Gree, though even if I had, all transactions with Gree are done via Apple (on my device), and as such, are not technically transactions with Gree. This would also explain why people get emails from Amazon. I've never signed up for nor made a transaction with Amazon and have not once received unsolicited emails from that company.

The banket ban, whatever that is, is really quite simple. It's the same as having your telephone number registered with the do-not-call directory. Telemarketers who call anyways, and they do despite it being in total disregard of your status on a do-not-call list, are subject to fines. Fines are and have been issued. Non-payment of fines has further consequences not involving the consumer or party who has been unwillingly contacted.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    The penalty for businesses in violation of the law is a $10,000,000 fine plus $200 per offence.

Posting personal information, about yourself or others, is also a violation of the forum CoC.
    How did I know where you were from? Because you have posted it, braniac. If you truly have a problem with it, don't post personal information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_w5...ature=youtu.be

This video is a small primer. It states that you must have express or implied consent. Implied consent leaves a lot of gray area, and mere participation in any of their games could be construed as implied consent.

But, that isn't what all this is about, is it?

Post Count
    Hmmmm. Some of these comments sound like they're from the guy who thinks he's a lawyer or surgeon after staying at Holiday Inn Express. ...in their ad

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    and mere participation in any of their games could be construed as implied consent.
    I've never given Gree the email address they are spamming, I haven't engaged in any transactions or business deals with them since this law came into effect, and I have not opted in for news or updates of any Gree products with any email address, so it doesn't really matter what games I've played.

Again, laughable that this is a debate to some people. It is a statement of "this has occurred" and "this actions bares potential consequences." I do hope Gree was unaware of, or at least did not intend for, unsolicited emails being sent to people who don't want them, and if they were indeed unaware it would be helpful for them if they became aware.

I do enjoy being able to participate in Crime City, and I wouldn't really want anything to happen that suddenly means Gree games are no longer offered here. They have been removed from other markets in the past, and they have not returned to those markets.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    I'm sure you can unsubscribe to the emails.
    Extras...+1

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Maybe you should quit playing or follow through and get the game taken out of YOUR market. Then you can eat breakfast also
    I AM BATMAN

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Perin View Post
    Maybe you should quit playing or follow through and get the game taken out of YOUR market. Then you can eat breakfast also
    Troll level: amateur.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Troll level: amateur.
    This reply amused me - that is all.

Post Count
    I have a question for a certain person in this thread but as it is against the CoC I will not name them, we will call this person...measal. Measal, why do you feel the need to always be so negative on these forums? Why did you feel the need to post this thread and drag it on when your question was answered in the first comment by a moderator? If you did not believe that he answered your question sufficiently, the why continue to waste you time here? Instead you could have simply blocked the email address or marked it as spam.

Also, please don't waste your time correcting any grammer mistakes as it is childish and not related to anything, I did not major in english in college.

Back Alley Network

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Good day.
    Good day to you sir.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingeasian View Post
    I have a question for a certain person in this thread but as it is against the CoC I will not name them, we will call this person...measal. Measal, why do you feel the need to always be so negative on these forums? Why did you feel the need to post this thread and drag it on when your question was answered in the first comment by a moderator? If you did not believe that he answered your question sufficiently, the why continue to waste you time here? Instead you could have simply blocked the email address or marked it as spam.

Also, please don't waste your time correcting any grammer mistakes as it is childish and not related to anything, I did not major in english in college.
    He is trying to be dippy jr. Also he is handing out free lemonade for cc readers. Feel free to drink as much as you can.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    How did I know where you were from? Because you have posted it, braniac. If you truly have a problem with it, don't post personal information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_w5...ature=youtu.be

This video is a small primer. It states that you must have express or implied consent. Implied consent leaves a lot of gray area, and mere participation in any of their games could be construed as implied consent.

But, that isn't what all this is about, is it?
    Correct, on both accounts, max.

Consistent Contributor Sandhawk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingeasian View Post

This made me lol...
    KA - ✠ Southern Dutch Knights 769-614-822
    CC - 🔫 Old Retired Gangsters 980-215-010
    MW - 🌎Maverick 196-547-849

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Well, IMHO, the original poster has a good point.
    While I have never received such an ad (to my knowledge- First thing I do daily is rid my mail of unsolicited junk, although I think I'd look if it was from my good friend Gree).
    But I would hope that any moderator who chanced upon this thread would send it up the chain of command whether or not he/she felt it was serious.
    I am NOT suggesting how moderators should moderate. Just stating my hope... For what might make a better game and a better Gree.