DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertisement Emails from Gree

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Advertisement Emails from Gree

I have been receiving emails from Gree advertising various Gree games and I did not sign up for these emails.

Unsolicited spam email is illegal in my country. Just FYI, Gree, you guys are illegally spamming my inbox with unsolicited advertisements. Perhaps it is unintentional, I certainly hope so, but maybe someone should look into it before you get into trouble over it.

You're welcome for the heads up.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    When you sign up on the website it may automatically send your email that you signed with. I'm sure you can unsubscribe to the emails.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    it may
    Thanks for the clarification

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    That is still an unsolicited advertisement to which laws in this country require prior consent. I have not consented to be notified of any Gree developments, and to be perfectly clear, a confirmation of website membership is not what I am talking about. I am specifically referring to advertisements for products (various games) in which I have absolutely no interest and did not register to receive. The ability to unsibscribe is irrelevant in that regard, but I can assure you I have unsubscribed on several occasions in the past week alone.

I am only posting this on the forum because I do not wish to communicate with Gree via email, and their unsolicited content landing in my inbox is a violation of the laws in this country.

Please understand to what you are replying before posting irrelevant information, sir. I appreciate the good intentions, but your reply does not address the actual issue here.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I have been receiving emails from Gree advertising various Gree games and I did not sign up for these emails.

Unsolicited spam email is illegal in my country. Just FYI, Gree, you guys are illegally spamming my inbox with unsolicited advertisements. Perhaps it is unintentional, I certainly hope so, but maybe someone should look into it before you get into trouble over it.

You're welcome for the heads up.

If you don't mind me asking, which country do you mean/reside in?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    lol if he answers that this thread will most likely get locked...

It is crucial to not give or ask for personal information in the game or on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3g View Post
    [rewards] *snip*

And I'm not even a mod
    Click here, It's something really cool

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wibble4321 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, which country do you mean/reside in?
    I do mind your asking. Nunya bidness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr3g View Post
    lol if he answers that this thread will most likely get locked...
    This thread can be locked once the information has been shared with whomever can actually make use of it. I don't really care about the emails themselves, as annoying and unsolicited as they may be. But it would be a shame if carelessness or ignorance were to get Gree into a situation where they were issued fines or faced further penalties.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I've had one of these. It's not a big deal to ignore/delete/whatever, but I'm not sure automated email generators can tell what country you're living in.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    He is from Canada. I would like to see a copy of these spam laws, and evidence of any penalty for it. Those would be some overwhelming laws to enforce, if their is any actual penalty.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    The penalty for businesses in violation of the law is a $10,000,000 fine plus $200 per offence.

Posting personal information, about yourself or others, is also a violation of the forum CoC.

Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    I've had one of these. It's not a big deal to ignore/delete/whatever, but I'm not sure automated email generators can tell what country you're living in.
    Which is why it's not difficult to ask if people want to receive automated emails at all. I never signed up for anything, never agreed to receive new or updates about future offers, never even gave Gree the email address they are spamming. I'm not mad, I'm just trying to help them out by letting them know about a gremlin in their system that could cost them millions.
    Last edited by Weasel; 04-25-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Try eating breakfast
    I AM BATMAN

Post Count
    Many Western countries have anti-spam laws. To avoid violations of such laws is the reason most legit websites have opt in tick boxes these days, rather than opt out. I received the recent unrequested advertisement email from Gree games as well.
    Last edited by TheJess; 04-25-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJess View Post
    Many Western countries have anti-spam laws. To avoid violations of such laws is the reason most legit websites have opt in tick boxes days, rather than opt out. I received the recent unrequested advertisement email from Gree games as well.
    Precisely. The opt-in is not a new feature, and I have not opted in for anything from Gree.

I know if I were unaware of an issue that could potentially cost me millions in fines I would appreciate someone letting me know. It's rather humorous that there are individuals here who think I am upset or that there is some sort of debate to be had.

The sole purpose of this thread is to act as an FYI notice to Gree. If others are experiencing the same unsolicited emails, I am sure they would appreciate having that posted here so they can be aware the issue is more widespread than a few isolated occurrences.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Perin View Post
    Try eating breakfast
    Lol. Try getting a clue. Have a splendid weekend. Good day.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight...eless_Spam_Act

Hope you will correct the wiki entry if it's wrong, but going by that it would seem your consent is implicit by having engaged in a transaction with the company. I've not studied any small print that might be on the email sent to me, but if there is no "opt out" link, then Gree should add one so people can choose not to receive.

It would be impossible to have a banket ban on advertising email shots as Weasel suggests. Any Amazon customer will be aware how many they send out.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"