Advertisement Emails from Gree - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advertisement Emails from Gree

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wibble4321 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, which country do you mean/reside in?
    Nigeria

Have I told you that you great uncle recently passed away here and we tracked you down as his next of kin?

You have inherited $60 million which will be deposited into your account. Please pay me the transfer fee of $10k and I will have the money into your account within the next 48 hours.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It seems I opted in when I send a ticket... I would much rather have a reply on my ticket :-( (14 days is not reasonable!)

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I have been receiving emails from Gree advertising various Gree games and I did not sign up for these emails.

Unsolicited spam email is illegal in my country. Just FYI, Gree, you guys are illegally spamming my inbox with unsolicited advertisements. Perhaps it is unintentional, I certainly hope so, but maybe someone should look into it before you get into trouble over it.

You're welcome for the heads up.
    I've replied to your PM addressing this thread, Weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    Thanks for the clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    That is still an unsolicited advertisement to which laws in this country require prior consent. I have not consented to be notified of any Gree developments, and to be perfectly clear, a confirmation of website membership is not what I am talking about. I am specifically referring to advertisements for products (various games) in which I have absolutely no interest and did not register to receive. The ability to unsibscribe is irrelevant in that regard, but I can assure you I have unsubscribed on several occasions in the past week alone.

I am only posting this on the forum because I do not wish to communicate with Gree via email, and their unsolicited content landing in my inbox is a violation of the laws in this country.

Please understand to what you are replying before posting irrelevant information, sir. I appreciate the good intentions, but your reply does not address the actual issue here.
    Respect for the volunteer moderators is in rules of this forum. Please adhere to them.

Many of you know this, but many may not: the volunteer moderators do not work for GREE, they are here to help Community staff manage the forums. The reply offered here was to offer assistance, there is absolutely no reason to be impolite to them for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    He is from Canada. I would like to see a copy of these spam laws, and evidence of any penalty for it. Those would be some overwhelming laws to enforce, if their is any actual penalty.
    It was stated earlier in the thread that Weasel didn't want to answer where he is from. If, in fact, he has stated where he is from previously, he mentioned he didn't want it posted in this thread and that should be respected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingeasian View Post
    I have a question for a certain person in this thread but as it is against the CoC I will not name them, we will call this person...measal. Measal, why do you feel the need to always be so negative on these forums? Why did you feel the need to post this thread and drag it on when your question was answered in the first comment by a moderator? If you did not believe that he answered your question sufficiently, the why continue to waste you time here? Instead you could have simply blocked the email address or marked it as spam.

Also, please don't waste your time correcting any grammer mistakes as it is childish and not related to anything, I did not major in english in college.
    But, you did name them, really. Something like this should be addressed by PM to a Community Manager or Moderator in the future.

Everyone: Any emails that come from GREE will have an unsubscribe option. If you are not receiving that option, then I'd be wary of it.

I'm locking this thread since it's no longer serving its intended purpose and has gotten rather unpleasant.

Thank you.