DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: North Side Massacre Cycle

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Not true. It brought about a whole new strategy to the event. A fun one. But if you want to spend gold on demons instead go right ahead. Lol.
    A whole new strategy... of not paying for things that formerly required payment. Brilliant! I'm sure the accountants and investors were drooling over that idea.

And about the gold spendage, I think it actually upped the spending. If you're in a T10, you think you want a T100 to catch up to you because they're farming demons? No, you're spending more!
    Or, even more likely, you're reducing your spend to $0 because why should you pay for the same thing everyone is getting for free?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    A whole new strategy... of not paying for things that formerly required payment. Brilliant! I'm sure the accountants and investors were drooling over that idea.
    Yes a whole new strategy. More active battles and the added ability to put up big points faster calls for more strategy. I wonder what your syn does during Street Assault. Throw deploys at a node and hope for the best?

Or, even more likely, you're reducing your spend to $0 because why should you pay for the same thing everyone is getting for free?
    They can't reduce their spend to $0, because then the lower syns would catch up. And with their newly acquired confidence on the ability of being able to put up big points they themselves will start to spend gold. Now the T10 has to spend even more, regardless of whether or not they themselves are farming as well.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Yes a whole new strategy. More active battles and the added ability to put up big points faster calls for more strategy. I wonder what your syn does during Street Assault. Throw deploys at a node and hope for the best?
    What my syndicate does is irrelevant to this discussion. Gree obviously saw their sales plummet once they started giving away what used to cost gold/actual money, otherwise they would have continued with that formula. If it doesn't increase sales, it's not worth keeping. If it reduces sales, it gets fixed real quick.

They can't reduce their spend to $0, because then the lower syns would catch up. And with their newly acquired confidence on the ability of being able to put up big points they themselves will start to spend gold. Now the T10 has to spend even more, regardless of whether or not they themselves are farming as well.
    Leaderboard scores were lower than ever before when the demons were basically free. You can say anything you want, but when there is hard evidence contradicting everything you say, you just make yourself seem foolish. If people had actually started spending more, as you claim, Gree must have decided they were earning too much revenue and had to make necessary changes to reduce their profit.

Post Count
    As long as we're all so concerned with Gree's bottom line, they should really make the elite goal for sweeping all five nodes 9 times require CONSECUTIVE sweeps. Make people actually fight for them.

Oh sorry, didn't realize we were only looking for reasons to justify making things easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    As long as we're all so concerned with Gree's bottom line, they should really make the elite goal for sweeping all five nodes 9 times require CONSECUTIVE sweeps. Make people actually fight for them.

Oh sorry, didn't realize we were only looking for reasons to justify making things easier.
    That's not a bad idea. Currently, everyone and their grandma can finish 9/9 "elite"... usually within the first 24 hours of the event.

Post Count
    If I were in charge, I'd also prioritize pairings against people with similar win streaks, but I'm sort of a sadist.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Leaderboard scores were lower than ever before when the demons were basically free.
    .. how exactly is this "hard evidence"? Scores are lower than ever before NOW, with the taking back of demon farming and the crummy prizes. I went from scoring 50m to scoring 10.

Post Count
    All with tapjoy gold right?
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count

I wouldn't mind this. Streaks should be earned. But my team isn't fighting or spending gold for a 1% mod. If they want players to earn their goals make the goals actually worth the effort.

Post Count
    All with tapjoy gold right?
    Haha, what's wrong with that? On the leaderboard it all looks the same, where and how I aquire my gold is irrelevant to how others get theirs.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    .. how exactly is this "hard evidence"? Scores are lower than ever before NOW, with the taking back of demon farming and the crummy prizes. I went from scoring 50m to scoring 10.
    The scores are only lower than ever before among free to moderate gold syndicates because of how inflated they were for the two or three events with free demons. No more free demons will have an obvious result.

Among the top spending syndicates, they are roughly where they'd be expected to be in comparison to syndicates that don't pay for anything. And rightly so.

People spending nothing shouldn't be competing at the same level as those who do spend. And I say that as someone who spends nothing. If I were a spender and Joe Bloe Free-Player were competing at the same level, it would take all of half a second for me to realize my spend isn't actually buying anything. Even people with thousands of dollars of disposable income don't spend it on things that provide zero return of any kind, tangible, virtual or otherwise.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    If I were a spender and Joe Bloe Free-Player were competing at the same level, it would take all of half a second for me to realize my spend isn't actually buying anything. Even people with thousands of dollars of disposable income don't spend it on things that provide zero return of any kind, tangible, virtual or otherwise.
    If your theoretical spender can't deduce from that they're spending their money in the wrong place, they deserve no sympathy. They would of course be getting a far better indy rank prize than any free player would dream of. That should be why they continue to spend.

If free players see that no matter how much or how smart they play they would be forbidden from earning any prize for completing an event, in case it might upset a spender, where is their motivation to do stuff at all. For someone who talks about "sense of entitlement" as much as you do, I'm surprised you don't see that. Spending real money on the game is a short-cut to finishing events, and nothing more. The extra reward is the superior rank prize.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Haha, what's wrong with that? On the leaderboard it all looks the same, where and how I aquire my gold is irrelevant to how others get theirs.
    Spoken like a true hacker.

Post Count
    The scores are only lower than ever before among free to moderate gold syndicates because of how inflated they were for the two or three events with free demons. No more free demons will have an obvious result.

Among the top spending syndicates, they are roughly where they'd be expected to be in comparison to syndicates that don't pay for anything. And rightly so.

People spending nothing shouldn't be competing at the same level as those who do spend. And I say that as someone who spends nothing. If I were a spender and Joe Bloe Free-Player were competing at the same level, it would take all of half a second for me to realize my spend isn't actually buying anything. Even people with thousands of dollars of disposable income don't spend it on things that provide zero return of any kind, tangible, virtual or otherwise.
    Farming demons didn't give free players a chance to compete with top teams, they will always be untouchable. The only thing it did was giving ACTIVE people an edge over those who login less. Nothing more, nothing less. And it was a great addition.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    They would of course be getting a far better indy rank prize than any free player would dream of. That should be why they continue to spend.
    I wouldn't call a 1% mafia attack for first place far better than a 1% melee attack for the T2k. I know a guy in a T3 that said if it wasn't for his syn requirements he wouldn't have even bothered with SA, much less spent gold.