[Raid Boss] To Jump or Not to Jump... - Page 9

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: [Raid Boss] To Jump or Not to Jump...

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Well, well, well. I guess GREE got RB right. My syn finally finished RB. Those members who usually get Indy from jumping, got their Indy, too. Congrats!
    Whether or not they got it right will be determined by what the next one costs. I suspect this RB event, as awesome (seriously) as it has been, has not been a big generator of revenue. We may see changes next RB that are meant to address that.

Post Count
    I didn't want to ask those customers who got Indy if they used gold or not. (none of my business) But, I think most got it for free or with very little gold. (I'm in a mostly free syn.)

Seems like if one could qualify for a High Level RB drop, 90-100, one could get Indy 14/14 without jumping.

Unfortunately, none of my accts could qualify with 1FA & I didn't want to ask my syn mates to slow down for me to regen a QA; yes, bosses were being killed too quickly. It was tempting to buy a little gold for refills, but I resisted! Yay me! ha!

BTW, good move removing the Health Pack from the Indy goal.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Did someone say master goals? I for one would like another upgrade modifier as the final prize!

Alright, that was half sarcastic, but my money is on master goals. They wouldn't raise health again.. would they?
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    The Canadian Moose Hockey player theme speaks to my soul.

With the blood on the ice and on Canuckles and that hockey stick on the ground. The graphic is perfect.

Canuckles, when you are gone you will be missed.

Post Count
    Long live Canuckles, the Moose!

Next RB should be a rabid, bloodied bunny.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The people who jumped around previous RB had no problem qualifying and those who didn't jump around had trouble qualifying. Sort of funny if you think about it. The only ones who benefited are the ones who exploited previous RB.....Exactly the ones Gree was trying to stop from jumping.

Post Count
    I changed my mind, instead of a cute, rabid bunny, the next RB should be a ravenous, greasy hog holding a hammer with money oozing from buldging pockets.

Actually, I don't think jumping was less than last RB.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdee View Post
    The people who jumped around previous RB had no problem qualifying and those who didn't jump around had trouble qualifying. Sort of funny if you think about it. The only ones who benefited are the ones who exploited previous RB.....Exactly the ones Gree was trying to stop from jumping.
    That may be true for your syndicate, but not for all. None from our group have ever been 'jumpers' and other than a few low level players, we had no trouble qualifying. This set up was great for us.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdee View Post
    How do you figure people had trouble qualifying? It doesn't seem like the intention is for everyone to be able to qualify for the strongest bosses. It seemed to me that the intention was for groups to stick together and make as much progress into the goal chains as they could, and once their limit was reached, to hit bosses for which they could qualify and try to get stronger so they could qualify for stronger bosses.

The raid boss event was previously an excersize in seeing who could tap the most times for the longest period of time. This one actually had a fair bit of strategy to it, and personally, I thought that made it the best Raid Boss event to date.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    How do you figure people had trouble qualifying? It doesn't seem like the intention is for everyone to be able to qualify for the strongest bosses. It seemed to me that the intention was for groups to stick together and make as much progress into the goal chains as they could, and once their limit was reached, to hit bosses for which they could qualify and try to get stronger so they could qualify for stronger bosses.

The raid boss event was previously an excersize in seeing who could tap the most times for the longest period of time. This one actually had a fair bit of strategy to it, and personally, I thought that made it the best Raid Boss event to date.
    I agree with this post.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by justjon View Post
    I agree with this post.
    I agree with the post that this post agrees with.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Who cares what the intention was? The fact of the matter is if you create an event that has several options then individuals will choose which option best serves them.
    CC isn't "Criminal Commune" where we hold hands and grow together. There are enough events where syndicates are locked and you are stuck with each other.

So tired of seeing people espouse what they THINK GREE intended for an event when the event design clearly betrays those assumptions.
    Always Famous......

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandukan View Post
    CC isn't "Criminal Commune" where we hold hands and grow together.
    Indeed it isn't... I'd be curious to hear how else you would describe syndicate jumping, if not as a community holding hands to help each other grow together.

Post Count
    It's pretty safe to assume that gree has at least two goals: 1) Design a good game and 2) Make money.

At least when I make arguments based on basic game theory, I'm working from the assumption that good game design goes under goal #1. If your game is literally just a matter of performing repetitive actions in order to watch a number on your screen grow, you don't have a good game. Syndicates add an element of teamwork. In order for that element to be used to its fullest, you have to provide an incentive to work within your team. In the last raid boss event, you gained more stats by working on your own than you did by staying with your team and actually finishing the goals. Another problem is that you don't actually have to work within your team to finish the goals if any number of outside players can jump in and finish the goals for you.

Another problem is game balance. Legendary prizes are really good. As such, you can only get them from beating high level bosses that have a lot of health. Under ordinary game design, those bosses would be difficult to beat for a 60 person team, and they would require a lot of health and/or gold from each player in order to get them. They are essentially limited because only 60 people could get a reward from each boss, and each player has to invest a lot of time into earning one. Jumping threw the balance out of whack because not only could [BossHealth/MinimumContribution] players get the prize from each boss, but each player only had to contribute 25 health. This led to far more boss kill prizes being awarded than there should have been.

I assumed based upon Assumed Gree Goal #1 that they considered this a problem. I suggested that the syndicates should be locked, but it looks like they found a more elegant solution... they increased the minimum contribution. You can still jump, but the total number of prizes awarded will be far lower, and people will have less of an incentive to work outside their syndicate.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Indeed it isn't... I'd be curious to hear how else you would describe syndicate jumping, if not as a community holding hands to help each other grow together.
    Jumping is simple.
    Syndicate needs help in a criminal enterprise.
    They hire a skilled individual to help them get the job accomplished.
    Individual gets paid for the work.

It surely is not:
    Lets go rob a bank.
    Nope can't do it because a few of our crew are not equipped to pull off the job.
    Well lets just rob Lemonade stands until we they can pull off a bigger heist.
    Always Famous......