Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Exclamation War of Nations Feedback (4/21/15)

Hello War of Nations Community!

This thread is for you to post your valuable feedback on War of Nations. Every other Tuesday we will sticky a new feedback thread so you can conveniently post your opinions on the game. This thread will not only give you an easily accessible place to share your thoughts with us, but it will also consolidate your feedback making it more efficient for Community staff to gather and report to the Development Team.

The intention of the thread is to collect the ongoing thoughts from our customers, it is not meant for discussion.

When providing feedback, please keep it constructive, on-topic, non-inflammatory, and break it down into the following categories:

In-Game Events
    Customer Support
    Community Support
    Game Stability & Issues

Please note that this thread is not a substitution for reporting bugs and issues to Customer Support.

Thank you,

The GREE Community Team

Due to the community stating they disliked weekly feedback threads, we have changed the schedule to every two weeks.

Here's some feedback http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...op-the-hackers

Sorry to repost but our conversation was rudely interrupted. Can we have a comment on this?

I most definitely say that Gree need to look into this concern about people using Game hacks to get ahead in the game, I have heard before that a few WoN players have been perma-banned before for using game hacks to get an edge, so gree plz look into this complaint

That was a pathetic response from Gree, im sure iTunes would love that comment about silencing your customers.

I doubt they will like your view on allowing cheaters play against paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Here's some feedback http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...op-the-hackers

Sorry to repost but our conversation was rudely interrupted. Can we have a comment on this?
    The dev team is aware of this issue and is working on solutions. This is not being ignored but finding the right solution takes some time, it isn't something that can be fixed immediately. We simply ask that you are patient and give the team time. You can help by not openly discussing this. Yes, that sounds counterintuitive but discussing it openly at this point does more harm than good. The team has the information it needs to tackle this but if you have additional information (especially screenshots or links) go ahead and send a support ticket. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Last edited by Bolt; 04-22-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Edited content.

Disagree. If only a few people use it, it overbalances the game. The only way to counterbalance it while you fix it is for everyone to have it. If everyone has it, then there is no imbalance and hackers don't have any edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    The dev team is aware of this issue and is working on solutions. This is not being ignored but finding the right solution takes some time, it isn't something that can be fixed immediately. We simply ask that you are patient and give the team time. You can help by not openly discussing this. Yes, that sounds counterintuitive but discussing it openly at this point does more harm than good. The team has the information it needs to tackle this but if you have additional information (especially screenshots or links) go ahead and send a support ticket. Thank you for your cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Thanks for responding. Good to see you at least acknowledge there is a problem.

There are some aspects of the cheat that would be useful to integrate into the game for everyone to use. Where do I suggest that?

Why are events still running during this time?

It is highly unfair to expect unaware paying customers to be competing against cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNoodle View Post
    Why are events still running during this time?

It is highly unfair to expect unaware paying customers to be competing against cheaters.
    Just like other games, the show must go on. The changes are being made behind the scene to remove their ability to exploit.

I would like to suggest a new policy for new worlds so they don't self destruct in 24 hrs
    I decided that with my world only hobbling along I should start a fresh in world 39
    But we have players with supers within 24 hrs and producing over 30 million unit value now I am sure this is great for gree as this means massive gold spending it also spells the domination of one alliance from very early on.

My suggestion is a limited block on gold spending and speed ups in a very limited way no speedups for command centres and research buildings and the research its-self. This will give a world a chance to progress at a more normal rate as access to high level units is not restricted but set within normal game play times this will reduce some of the imbalances that are created on day 1 of a new world.

Gree this is better for you in the long run as worlds are then allowed to grow more normally this is not to say players will not buy commanders and speed ups for none cc and research buildings or spend on cores and other advantages, which they will but they will be controlled by the lack of high level units from getting supers like everyone else normally are.

Only one team has got into a stronghold and they will get platinum commanders or better now as these are the gold spenders that started the game they get the payoff free stuff for ever more. This is not the end of the world but it puts a big lid on it which destroys any natural progression a world may have had. And this is because they had high level units and commanders in under 24hrs. Simple fix
    These restrictions can be removed as the world ages so new players can catch up fast,
    So when double the normal time has past in a world for players to be able to unlock a unit type speed ups are possible so when double or 150% the time it would take to get railgun tanks without speedups has past then speedups are allowed, On everything. This can be at every level of research and the matching cc level that's needed to unlock it is also unlocked for speedups. This can be easily pre set into a new world, to unlock speed ups on these items at set intervals.
    As the times involved are easy to work out give best case if a player buys resources so they have no wait time between upgrades. The game just use 150-200% greater time to unlock speedups.

This helps maintain a worlds balance and tech level. And when the worlds gets older still starter packs for new players giving them a good start, cores and upgrades is my thinking, And a few epic commanders.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 04-25-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Ok my fears for the world seem to be born out.
    out of the 30 odd players in the alliance I joined only 5-10 max are still playing its not that they have moved to a different alliance they just never got past a home base, as soon as they noticed the chat on wc that players had supers and noticed that in the build event players had build 30 million unit value they just stop playing, you have got to put the game above money or you can open a new world every week and get your gold rush but that rush will soon fall to a trickle. Anyone that's played before under stands the score ride the wave to the top fast or you can never catch up. Without massive gold spending, because you open so many new worlds most just try there luck in the next new world. Sustainable worlds that grow over time so everyone thinks they may have half a chance to keep up will provide a more stable revenue stream. I see zero reasons to spend the top alliances got platinum recruits where the rest of us had little or no chance from the stronghold event. We gave it a go but with only the weaker units we had reduced chances. And with 75 % of our players quitting in the first 48 hrs...

Another trick for new worlds could be smaller alliances to keep players from creating big power blocks of spenders if the max was 10 players for an alliance that spreads the numbers of gold spenders into much smaller groups so making them fight more so spend more in the long run. And its over time you allow the alliances to grow in size say 5 extra a month this then re shuffles players every month as they move alliances this moves power around upsetting alliances power this again creates better contests.
    now if this means these worlds have to sit outside multi world events so be it as new worlds have little chance in them anyway.

All of this is not to say the world is dead or a dead end but if handled correctly it could have been far far better.
    If you also kept commanders out of rewards for events as well in the early days of new worlds you will encorage players to spend to buy them the top players that spend like crazy are now going to be rewarded commanders from every event. it seems mad you give away commanders which must be one of your strongest money making items for very little effort. They will be far less likely to spend on commanders now. And this just adds to the list of things that breaks new worlds.

DD.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 04-25-2015 at 11:37 PM.

A BIG thank you to GREE for listening to us. Now XWorld is so much easier for players, and in return, there's your Top 10 Grossing on iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    A BIG thank you to GREE for listening to us. Now XWorld is so much easier for players, and in return, there's your Top 10 Grossing on iOS.
    I must have missed it...how is XWars now so much easier and what did they give us? There's a whole thread of suggestions for XWars haven't seen much added.

Would like to say thanks to gree.... I just had to update my game and it seems to have sorted out the Lag that I was experiencing for such a long time...