Quote Originally Posted by Anton-kun View Post
+1

By moving voting to the game, the voting will most likely represent the community's choice (the persons who actually are playing the game) without having any obvious bias like now. And I bet that a lot of KnD players don't know about the contest even if it was advertised in the notices. Perhaps it will be easier to reach out to them this way too.
Definitely a long term goal, but just remember we are at the whim of the Developers and they may not have the opportunity to add this into the game for quite awhile. In the meantime, for future contests, I do like the idea of us choosing 25-50, allowing the Community to select the ten finalists, and then us choosing the winner. And perhaps the one that gets the most vote from the community can be a second winner.

On another note, I want to share some thoughts regarding the whole idea of the design contests. In my opinion, it's a really good chance for players to present concepts to the developers and for the developers to be inspired. I don't think that a lot of harm will be done if the developers pick some concepts they like from time to time without them necessarily holding a contest each time. Again, it's my opinion, but I feel that the point of player-made concepts is to get variety. What's the point of asking a player to design a armor in the same vein as the already existing armors? I think that it'd be a waste to not get inspiration from the huge amount of entries - a lot of them being really different from the armors in-game.
Definitely a good idea! We do want to make sure if a player design inspires an idea, that the players get recognition (I know some folks would be very angry if their idea inspired an armor in game and they didn't get credit). Since we received so many amazing entries and can't implement them all, we do plan to feature some of the amazing work across our multiple channels!