Raid boss and your team - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Raid boss playability

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overall fair and has been a delight

9 8.41%
  • Ridiculous and unreasonable, change it back to the old format that no one asked you to differ from

65 60.75%
  • A change is as good as a holiday, good to see new life breathed into the event

6 5.61%
  • **shakes head** wtf?!?

27 25.23%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid boss and your team

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    What was wrong with the old boss event, where everyone could participate? This raid boss change was unnecessary and waste of resources (probably sales department pushed the change to generate more income). Should have done something with equipment or epic boss instead. Once again - chasing pennies will make you miss the dollar GREE. Make an awesome game and the money will follow, not the other way around.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    What was wrong with the old boss event, where everyone could participate? This raid boss change was unnecessary and waste of resources (probably sales department pushed the change to generate more income). Should have done something with equipment or epic boss instead. Once again - chasing pennies will make you miss the dollar GREE. Make an awesome game and the money will follow, not the other way around.
    I would not mind raid boss using equipment. Would make 1on1 mean something.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    We have 50 in our faction, down 10 members. We were a top 100, falling in ranks due to drop outs. They are quitting faster than we can recruit. Our strongest is 1.3 trillion, weakest 200 million. We've been stuck on level 8 of easy for a day now. Participation is dropping fast. It's not just RB, people are quickly losing interest in the game as a whole. I'm afraid several more will quit soon. There is a lot of complaining in our chat room, even the dedicated are starting to slam it. Hope Gree changes direction soon, the direction they are going is not good.

I'll keep playing. I like this game and I am hoping this is just a bad experiment that will end soon. I've tried a couple other games but they got too hard too fast or wanted more than I am going to spend on a game. IF it keeps going in this direction I may start thinking of retirement. If I replace it with another game it will be baseball, kayaking or something physical. When I'm done here I'm done with virtual games.

Post Count
    Hey Rob, I think the main issue is that begginers can't even kill the beginner RB. I combined my two top 500 factions and with 32 players doing PAs took it down by only 20%.

If gree was so concerned about new players as per another post then why make an event impossible for the majority of players to participate in especially new players.

Guess the flip side of this is that it does move the whales away from the rest of the community so they wind up fighting themselves and spending more to try and compete and perhaps that is why it was done and not fixed.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    The tiers are far too difficult. People who start playing the game or play in lower factions, have no chance and sit this event out. I dont think that is what Gree wants. Why not introduce some lower tiers (with lower prizes)?
    Global Strike Force

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by robmurphy View Post
    Bam Bam, I'm afraid our opinions on this game will always be polar opposites. That's fine, until I complete my army of killer robots to destroy all those who oppose me, I have to accept people have their own opinions......

The unavoidable truth is that the game 'is what it is'. I don't think Gree have ever tried to portray themselves as a 'not for profit' organisation. I can guarantee you that behind the scenes, Gree will be monitoring a full range of KPIs and will react as every (successful) company does and move the goalposts as often as they can until it affects revenue and profit.

I could be totally wrong and Gree could be about to go into liquidation, and if they do, I'm sure there will be lots of game developers offering to buy the IP rights for MW.

But for now, this game requires people to spend to have any meaningful level of success. Throughout all the similar posts to this I've made, where I have almost always been in the minority, I simply cannot understand why people still complain. Anyone can chose to;

1) Play for free
    2) Pay to play
    3) Don't play

Maybe I'm wrong, but from my perspective, whilst I enjoy this game (which I certainly do), I'll choose option 2. When I get bored of it, I'll chose option 3.
    I am all for pay to play, I spent a couple grand easy. I just want quality and balance. I have never asked the game go free (I have asked for one completely free event in a cycle to see who plays the hardest and can actually out strategise, not just win an auction). No where do I slam spenders, I slam OVER spenders who spend for ego sake on a flawed program because of obsession. If it is entertainment spend away but don't build false markets to win auctions, it is just redonk.

Level out, when GReE mess up just have a week off. Then they will fix it, not spend to say "ha, I can win the auction more times in a row than you!" And spend while they get away with pure incompetence.
    Last edited by bam bam.; 04-21-2015 at 05:26 AM.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I actually asked for 2 events per year to be free not one per cycle. An ultimate pinnacle of gamer warfare twice a year for all. As it would build spenders as they would prep for it. But hell, why not once a cycle.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Hey Rob, I think the main issue is that begginers can't even kill the beginner RB. I combined my two top 500 factions and with 32 players doing PAs took it down by only 20%.

If gree was so concerned about new players as per another post then why make an event impossible for the majority of players to participate in especially new players.

Guess the flip side of this is that it does move the whales away from the rest of the community so they wind up fighting themselves and spending more to try and compete and perhaps that is why it was done and not fixed.
    Hi Orange

I'm just not in touch with what new players can or can't do (people would say I'm not in touch with many things.....). If what you are saying is true, that full(ish) factions of low level players cannot take down a beginner level boss, then I agree that sounds wrong. I just find it hard to accept that with super-farming events like the recent EB that new players can't get their stats up real fast. Many, many players I know farmed 3,000+ multi-million stat units - that was with long hard hours of gaming, not money.

But, I accept that if what you're saying is true, then it sounds wrong. I just don't see players/factions of that level so I'm not sure what they can/can't do. As I say, I'm out of touch with that part of the game.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    My faction is around 1300 - we usually get to boss 80-85 ( 33 players ) ; even with the immense stat inflation , we couldn't get the easiest boss 1/2 down . Unfortunate , because the raid boss is a good event that every faction can play . Let's just say this experiment didn't work , toss it in the trash and move on .

Consistent Contributor Theblacklamp's Avatar
    Post Count
    Top 400 faction. Not even going to attempt it
    Trample the Weak.......Hurdle the Dead

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    My faction is around 1300 - we usually get to boss 80-85 ( 33 players ) ; even with the immense stat inflation , we couldn't get the easiest boss 1/2 down . Unfortunate , because the raid boss is a good event that every faction can play . Let's just say this experiment didn't work , toss it in the trash and move on .
    What are the average raw stats of your players?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by robmurphy View Post
    Hi Orange

I'm just not in touch with what new players can or can't do (people would say I'm not in touch with many things.....). If what you are saying is true, that full(ish) factions of low level players cannot take down a beginner level boss, then I agree that sounds wrong. I just find it hard to accept that with super-farming events like the recent EB that new players can't get their stats up real fast. Many, many players I know farmed 3,000+ multi-million stat units - that was with long hard hours of gaming, not money.

But, I accept that if what you're saying is true, then it sounds wrong. I just don't see players/factions of that level so I'm not sure what they can/can't do. As I say, I'm out of touch with that part of the game.
    My faction did not super farm the EB as we were playing it as normal. Nor do most of our members have the time to spend hours farming away and we do not accept ppl who use bots or exploit glitches. (We did not exploit gold, or tank or many other glitches as we chose to keep our ethics as that is what is fun for us. We do not wish to create or be part of false economies in game...we consciously choose to play this way). Yes the option to exploit is there (I am not saying farming bosses is exploit...it is optimising) but playing a game online is the same as playing monopoly at home, you can hide extra cash from your little sister when you are the banker, but you know you cheated to beat her in the end and you get to go to bed every night knowing you did not do a righty.

The game should not be built around bots, hacks n glitches and the rest should not be punished for failing to take advantage of grees extremely poor programming. Everyone free, and everyone who pays should be able to play. The high rollers should always win but everyone should be able to compete on some level

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    You go to the App Store and download the app. It is advertised as "free". Now experienced gamers know it is free to download, but pay to play...I personally believe it should be advertised as such.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacklamp View Post
    Top 400 faction. Not even going to attempt it
    Are you saying a Top 400 faction, working together, cannot take down a beginner level boss??

I'm not being argumentative, I'm just trying to understand

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Yes Rob, you are out of touch. It's roughly 10-15% of the entire player base that's even able to start this event. The other 85-90% is unable to kill a single boss, let alone even think of finishing Beginner. Simply reading what people actually have to say instead of dismissing it as "whining" does wonders for understanding the situation.