Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Regretz View Post
    So Scabs, lets see if I understand the strategy behind this, and please tell me if im wrong. To be "successful" in KnD you must join an alliance, recruit players with lots of gems, and declare at the same time during war so u can strip for each other. Next, mjndlessly mash the attack button on the stripped GM for an hour to see the hard work and dedication pay off. Dam, wayyyy too complicated for me, im out.
    To each a zone, I play this game because I don't have all day to strategize and plan out an all out attack. Nor do I have the time to micro manage an entire army.... I tried playing game of war because a friend wanted me to play, he even gave me his 2nd best account... and it was simple to understand the concept but I didn't have time to constantly micro manage everything within the game.

Its much easier to send out a text message in line, wait 30 minutes or so for a response and get back to it when you need to. And then once war starts, commit the first couple hours to battling, hit the minimums and then you are done for the entire weekend to hang out with family.

Honestly it sounds like CoC takes much more dedication and strategy, therefore requires more time right?

Recruiting is simple, you just put up a forum post and wait for people to bite. You honestly just sound like a person who dislikes the game and you have your own opinion about tit. You should really just stop playing and hang out on the CoC forums where you will have more fun, rather then bashing a game against many players here who enjoy it.

Everybody knows there is no strategy and this is just a strip match, but I like to use my armors for other things like raids and arenas and even beating up my friends on the friends list. Hey sometimes I even like to purchase chests and see what kind of crappy **** armor I get this time!

Wars are only half of the events. I've never been a fan of stripping, but you either adapt or you don't. I prefer raids since there's really no way to cheat the system.
    Rushka Empire [Android]

Currently recruiting: Level 100+
    Officer Rank: N/A
    Line ID: scabitron

You pretty much summed up the point I was trying to make. There is no skill or dedication required to being in a t10 alliance. It just requires money and time. As for CoC, yes it takes strategy and you cant just buy a win (hence why you gave it up as its too strategic). You finally understand the point im trying to make. As for taking all day to plan an all out attack, if youre good and know strategy it takes a few minutes... far less time than hitting mins in a t10 run. So at that point your argument is invalid. Once you understand the game and become good at it strategically the attacks take no time at all and the effort you put in actually feels rewarding. Also, knowing how to strategically build your base for defense is fun to play with. Pretty sad to see you give up so easily and revert back to this... So since you have finally come to the realization and admit that being in an alliance doesnt require any skill or dedication nonsense, why cant the others? Im just tired of seeing the same people in t10 alliances state how they are better/more dedicated/better strategically because they are constantly in the t10, when really its just the fact that theyre mindlessly throwing more money at the game than other people with half a brain r willing to invest.

And I dont dislike the game, I dislike ignorance and self-righteousness. I see so much of that on these forums, the t10 players posting like theyre so much better than everyone else cuz they maxed out a few cc on gems. The game itsekf is ok, I find it entertaining in a simplistic kind of way. If Gree were to impliment strategy into this game id love it a hell of a lot more and be willing to spend more on it.
    Last edited by Regretz; 04-30-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    @Mike may I kindly remind that it wasn't me who said that stripping is 'awful and soulless'. I wrote it tongue in cheek as someone on the forum said that I would come up with this quote (just read a few posts above mine where I posted that). So I wrote exactly that. What I really think is that stripping is stupid, pitiable, obviously gives a delusional feeling of 'greatness' to most of the involved, that it ridicules the actual idea of the game (armor / battle competitions) and that people who 'strip' to win and on top of that, seriously think that win-buying is something they can be proud of, must have an interesting psychological setup.

The thing with now occasionally 'stripping' myself happens after very long and complex analysis of game mechanics, weeks of strategic planning in our guild and a consultation of Stephen Hawking. Basically it follows the principle that behaving smart in a group of monkeys doesn't help anyone. The monkeys will still do what they want and probably even laugh about the smartass among them. To gradually start changing things, the intelligent person has to adapt to the primitive, and behave the same way that feels familiar to them. The funny thing is, if the intelligent person adapts, everything feels more smoothly, it costs less of his precious time and attention, and the opponent/the monkeys go on doing what they always did anyway, they probably won't even realize that their odd behavioral patterns have become even more 'costly'. They may think 'see, now he's doing the same as us, so we were right', missing to realize that the smartass doesn't even seriously participate, but only keeps his investment as small as possible. Also, it's fun playing Circus, to jump around like crazy and do funny things once in a while. But don't worry, most of the time we're still playing 'serious' and will try to make you fail as much as possible so you can only make 4x20 per purchased life extension.

@Scabs priceless reaction, and a great illustration of what I said above, thanks!
    Looks like I hit a nerve. Fantastic explanation of why your stripping is justified. So the intelligent (you) can better fit in with the primitive folk (strippers). Almost like Jane Goodall observing the chimpanzees. I applaud your scientific pursuit. Will a paper be published soon with findings?
    Guild: World Dragons
    Line: wowo1522

Please remain on topic and refrain from attacking other forum members and how they choose to play.

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    Please remain on topic and refrain from attacking other forum members and how they choose to play.
    Ummm... You do realize this thread started with an attack on players and how they choose to play the game, right?

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    I am pretty sure one of the Community Managers or GREE pay you to say that phrase over and over again when there is something that hurts GREE, and I am pretty sure that we are all capable adults and we don't need to be controlled and told what to do by some Moderator who is probably pretending that he or she is working for GREE or something.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Just go away ant venom you never contribute anything.

Theres so much more to being a good guild or alliance for instance than just declaring on the same time. But i wont explain it to you all because obviously you dont care. Were doing t50 with hardly any gems atm, hows the life in t500?
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

I play KnD because its fun. I'm in a Guild, family of guilds, alliance, etc, because (a) i choose to be, (b) i've built up with them over time, (c) i joined them to help me meet my goals (pick whichever one you like, they're all true at some point).

i strip or dont in wars as i please or as my guild/family/alliance pleases. i know how to play it both ways. i think its funny that you namecall people who strip. *shrug* It--just like FBA wearing--is a choice. i find it to be an economical one...one for my GROUP, as well as for me.

I see people go into battle all wearing the same name to avoid getting hit. is that cowardly or smart? i'll clap and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Back to topic: All your complaints about stripping are futile at the moment...GREE determines what is ethical in this game and what is cheating. i have waited and waited for them to speak on this topic for months, but they remain silent; a tacit agreement that stripping is an accepted battle tactic in KnD. If so, i will use my gems in a fashion that gives me and my guilds the most bang for my buck. Why? Because its MY bucks!

Who is the winner every week, no matter if we strip or no? Gree. They get every dollar.

TO FILE A TICKET WITH GREE: https://games.gree-support.net/requests/new

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    I am pretty sure one of the Community Managers or GREE pay you to say that phrase over and over again when there is something that hurts GREE
    No they don't. It is my choice to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    and I am pretty sure that we are all capable adults and we don't need to be controlled and told what to do by some Moderator who is probably pretending that he or she is working for GREE or something.
    If that were true, I wouldn't have to remind the community. A moderator is here to moderate the forums, and I will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookeye View Post
    I play KnD because its fun. I'm in a Guild, family of guilds, alliance, etc, because (a) i choose to be, (b) i've built up with them over time, (c) i joined them to help me meet my goals (pick whichever one you like, they're all true at some point).

i strip or dont in wars as i please or as my guild/family/alliance pleases. i know how to play it both ways. i think its funny that you namecall people who strip. *shrug* It--just like FBA wearing--is a choice. i find it to be an economical one...one for my GROUP, as well as for me.

I see people go into battle all wearing the same name to avoid getting hit. is that cowardly or smart? i'll clap and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Back to topic: All your complaints about stripping are futile at the moment...GREE determines what is ethical in this game and what is cheating. i have waited and waited for them to speak on this topic for months, but they remain silent; a tacit agreement that stripping is an accepted battle tactic in KnD. If so, i will use my gems in a fashion that gives me and my guilds the most bang for my buck. Why? Because its MY bucks!

Who is the winner every week, no matter if we strip or no? Gree. They get every dollar.
    Well said Rookeye.

There are numerous guilds out there that strip/don't strip. Is it any less tactical than the guilds that all sport the same name? I don't think so. Sure it sucks a bit when you are fighting them in a war, but so what? You're not going to win them all regardless. When we buy gems to use in game there is truly only one "winner" that's Gree. We're giving them our money so that we may have whatever advantages going into events.
    I honestly think that if you do not like the "strip fights" don't join a guild that participates. Don't like that some guilds form alliances? Don't join a guild that is part of an alliance.
    The main purpose here is that KnD is a game. Something to have fun doing.

Stripping is for boobs..(ahh see what I did there? )

Seriously though, the way the scoring system works now if you were to compete while playing legit...not only would you be shooting yourself in the foot, but youd still likely have to deal with the opposing team dropping to fba to deny you points if you were able to farm them consistantly.

I propose just 2 changes to make wars more enjoyable...1, energy caps at a higher number and replenishes faster....this will benefit f2p players and help compensate times you find yourself sitting with full energy because your guild just finished a war or there aren't enough players on to declare and this small amount of energy won't effect heavy gemmers much.
    2, give a one time (per war) bonus sum of points for defeating enemy ranks..(3k each for trinity..5k for all high commanders and another 5k for all commanders) to promote a wider range of acceptable targets...or to get the same effect..scrap the current sentinel system and make all ranks higher than commander be worth 25% less until all commanders have been killed at least once, then the high commanders must be killed for maximum points on sentinel and so on until your guild has managed to kill gc for max points on a GM. I mean you'll still end up farming GM for max points but at least there is some variety there
    Last edited by Soberranger; 05-13-2015 at 07:33 PM.
    HC of Forgotten Empire
    Member of NF/Alpha Alliance
    Line ID: Soberranger

Quote Originally Posted by Soberranger View Post
    2, give a one time (per war) bonus sum of points for defeating enemy ranks..(3k each for trinity..5k for all high commanders and another 5k for all commanders) to promote a wider range of acceptable targets...or to get the same effect..scrap the current sentinel system and make all ranks higher than commander be worth 25% less until all commanders have been killed at least once, then the high commanders must be killed for maximum points on sentinel and so on until your guild has managed to kill gc for max points on a GM. I mean you'll still end up farming GM for max points but at least there is some variety there
    I think expecting Gree to add a bit of strategy at the costs of the gems per minute rate (because of switching targets and armors to counter those targets) is unrealistic...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

My guild in the android version has been going for 2 months. The first month we were T200 in wars. The second month we have been T100. We don't strip and are not in an alliance. The last wars we had 33 wins 2 losses and ranked 51. We were pushed out of the T50 by the alliances in the last few hours. We found out from another guild that the alliances knew we were a threat and decided to push us out through the strip technique of cheating. When is Gree going to crack down on these cheats?

Hey, those alliances are like loving families and have brilliant minds working days and nights on 'strategy', think twice before you claim they're cheating!!