Game Innovation Epiphany! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Innovation Epiphany!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Greed programmers: is there anywhere we can cut and paste this ****e?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorSwamp View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. Don't get GREEdy. I am asking for punctuation.
    But adding a few more punctuation would make the number even longer and to make it fit, it would have to use an even smaller font.

The TBMK is ok but sometimes, when you get a unit, it would be nice to see how much it increased your stats by, if any. Then you'd know if another of the similar unit is worth getting.

How about using different colors for every 3 numbers instead? Then you wouldn't even need to count commas.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryosaeba View Post
    But adding a few more punctuation would make the number even longer and to make it fit, it would have to use an even smaller font.

The TBMK is ok but sometimes, when you get a unit, it would be nice to see how much it increased your stats by, if any. Then you'd know if another of the similar unit is worth getting.

How about using different colors for every 3 numbers instead? Then you wouldn't even need to count commas.
    I agree with you completely. You know that, right? I am just being ridiculous for effect

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryosaeba View Post
    Oh yes please, and while you are doing that can we have rainbow unicorns jumping over our kingdoms as well. Perhaps make it a rare event where you might find a leprechaun with a pot of gold at the end.

TBMK sounds good. Especially those abbreviations

lmao, i pity the fools who cant distinguish between 10 and 11 numbers

Consistent Contributor Toddiekska's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm not so sure it's a matter of being able to count, but is more a quality of life change. We did have commas (or something) for a short while and it created a more relaxed gaming experience.
    I am editing my resume and adding Beta Tester.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    put everyone in billions or millions. whatever you pick, make it universal. With the latest stump box event, when you would get a unit drop it would read 900k / 700k or whatever, so it should be doable

15.2b
    1520m

something easily readible and comparable when looking at stats.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Whoa whoa whoa. Don't get GREEdy. I am asking for punctuation. You are asking for punctuation, letters, AND some sort of automated simplification coding. What do you think, we have an engineer/mensa member from Tandy (circa 1993)? I am thinking that level of programming is required for a such a revolutionary change. Perhaps even one of the architects of Mindspring.
    Haha. Touché. Triple touché. I have no counter.

Post Count
    Whoa whoa whoa. Don't get GREEdy. I am asking for punctuation. You are asking for punctuation, letters, AND some sort of automated simplification coding. What do you think, we have an engineer/mensa member from Tandy (circa 1993)? I am thinking that level of programming is required for a such a revolutionary change. Perhaps even one of the architects of Mindspring.
    I like you. You also bring up a great point. Gree is a company who doesn't create anything of their own. They're parasites that buy up other products and then milk them until they fold. I don't think Gree developers are actually capable of making meaningful changes to their apps nor can they create anything meaningful from scratch.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I see you went a different direction here, Gree. Started giving out some epic units like the "Myre Wild Dwarf" with 88a/132d. Keeping things in double and triple digits is an effective way to avoid commas; however, diluting the dwarfdeep mire so much also makes the event pretty meaningless (much less tedious and nearly impossible to finish).

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I see you went a different direction here, Gree. Started giving out some epic units like the "Myre Wild Dwarf" with 88a/132d. Keeping things in double and triple digits is an effective way to avoid commas; however, diluting the dwarfdeep mire so much also makes the event pretty meaningless (much less tedious and nearly impossible to finish).
    Obviously we have not passed on your feedback to the developers and they are aware of the issue but don't give a damn.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode...on View Post
    put everyone in billions or millions. whatever you pick, make it universal. With the latest stump box event, when you would get a unit drop it would read 900k / 700k or whatever, so it should be doable

15.2b
    1520m

something easily readible and comparable when looking at stats.
    THAT sould be
    15.2b
    15200m 😜