GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thanks, Gree, but NO thanks...

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I think I may have a small crush on agent orange.....jus sayin......and no , not in a crazy stalker like way.....; )

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So you've got an Orange Crush?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=J-manKometh96;1499024]So you've got an Orange Crush?[/QUOTE

Yup! Lol

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Just don't try to drink it. It might get you punched.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Just don't try to drink it. It might get you punched.
    Hmm like a Hawaiian punch? Have to admit when I was a kid I only drank Orange Crush but it tasted better back then in bottles.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    So I posted the following in another thread but it fits in here as well. Just some random musings while I work on my ice cream float…

We assume that these are mistakes. Just as I assumed that the inability to actually hit a moving target in the map missions is a mistake. Turns out it is intentional based how the targets act/react. Look at the design of the buttons for spending gold and the way the game lags, guess what it's designed to do. Make you waste gold because you tap thinking something is locked up when in fact it was designed in.

Because of the long track record of foul ups we've come to expect this level of poor quality control but perhaps there is something a tad more sinister taking place here.

Every aspect of this game is based on one single simple premise. It's to piss you off, take for example your base. Each day you log in only to discover it's been ransacked over night. When I first started playing I would get pissed off every morning and would work harder to try and build up my stats. Well of course the fast track to that is to buy gold or cash and pay your way to the top.

Except for one little problem, I'm a cheapskate at heart and I will go out of my way find the least expensive of free way to accomplish the same goal. Guess what in this game you cannot do that. So I took the mindset that I didn't care, and in fact now I just leave my base dark except when as I mentioned above I happen to swipe across my base and lit up a building or two which I've come to the conclusion is also not a mistake. Even when trying to tap a boost building to bring it back online I suddenly light up a money building a couple of squares away, hmmm really now and that is after I blow up the screen on my iPad to avoid making this mistake. Hmmmm

But for those that can't stand loosing, or being a looser it's got you hook line and stinker and that too is intentional.

Now look at WD, it was a ton of fun in the beginning but just how long can someone play and not stand a chance of winning. Exactly, you could either spend your way to the top although there is some question as to whether that is actually what is transpiring or you can just say screw it. But the thing is WD is really a non starter because you or I or any mere mortal who is playing this game frankly doesn't stand a chance.

I think the previous faction name said it best, they do always win. Now why would that be exactly. Logically if you take the top spending players and strongest players in the game you should get what we see taking place. That nobody else stands any possibility of winning and that is born out time and again by the 'leader' board. But then there is that nagging voice that pulls at me and says, wouldn't it seem logical that there could be a few more that could be just as powerful and spend just as much. Yet there seems to never be a change at the top of the heap and that is well, rather interesting. Do we see this in any other arena such as professional sports where a group of players so thoroughly dominate their sport that nobody else ever wins….. nope….. so how come that happens here.

I honestly wonder why other factions even try, and I sure hope they aren't being sucked into spending to do so…..
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 04-20-2015 at 02:58 PM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    So I posted the following in another thread but it fits in here as well. Just some random musings while I work on my ice cream float…

We assume that these are mistakes. Just as I assumed that the inability to actually hit a moving target in the map missions is a mistake. Turns out it is intentional based how the targets act/react. Look at the design of the buttons for spending gold and the way the game lags, guess what it's designed to do. Make you waste gold because you tap thinking something is locked up when in fact it was designed in.

Because of the long track record of foul ups we've come to expect this level of poor quality control but perhaps there is something a tad more sinister taking place here.

Every aspect of this game is based on one single simple premise. It's to piss you off, take for example your base. Each day you log in only to discover it's been ransacked over night. When I first started playing I would get pissed off every morning and would work harder to try and build up my stats. Well of course the fast track to that is to buy gold or cash and pay your way to the top.

Except for one little problem, I'm a cheapskate at heart and I will go out of my way find the least expensive of free way to accomplish the same goal. Guess what in this game you cannot do that. So I took the mindset that I didn't care, and in fact now I just leave my base dark except when as I mentioned above I happen to swipe across my base and lit up a building or two which I've come to the conclusion is also not a mistake. Even when trying to tap a boost building to bring it back online I suddenly light up a money building a couple of squares away, hmmm really now and that is after I blow up the screen on my iPad to avoid making this mistake. Hmmmm

But for those that can't stand loosing, or being a looser it's got you hook line and stinker and that too is intentional.

Now look at WD, it was a ton of fun in the beginning but just how long can someone play and not stand a chance of winning. Exactly, you could either spend your way to the top although there is some question as to whether that is actually what is transpiring or you can just say screw it. But the thing is WD is really a non starter because you or I or any mere mortal who is playing this game frankly doesn't stand a chance.

I think the previous faction name said it best, they do always win. Now why would that be exactly. Logically if you take the top spending players and strongest players in the game you should get what we see taking place. That nobody else stands any possibility of winning and that is born out time and again by the 'leader' board. But then there is that nagging voice that pulls at me and says, wouldn't it seem logical that there could be a few more that could be just as powerful and spend just as much. Yet there seems to never be a change at the top of the heap and that is well, rather interesting. Do we see this in any other arena such as professional sports where a group of players so thoroughly dominate their sport that nobody else ever wins….. nope….. so how come that happens here.

I honestly wonder why other factions even try, and I sure hope they aren't being sucked into spending to do so…..
    That was a good read, thank you for sharing

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

You are spot on, amigo.
    There are no accidents in this game.
    There isn't a conspiracy, either, its just a garden variety SCAM.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    You can't even say it's the same though AO, as people do come and go in that particular faction. It does seem odd that the replacements always spend at least as much as their predecessors.

Post Count

Because in every other sport you have salary caps. Because without salary caps that is EXACTLY what you see - top teams throw obscene money around, recruit the best players, constantly win, which only attracts other top players who want to only play for the winners, and next thing you know is they're on a winning streak and no one else gets a look in. Plus, sport also requires skill, so you get the odd upset where money can't buy everything.
    -
    NONE of these things apply to MW.
    -
    A better analogy would be a fine restaurant.
    -
    The biggest spenders eat caviar, truffles and lobster washed down with Dom Perignon, sitting at the window.
    -
    The rest of us eat at the hot dog stand across the road. Some big spenders at the dog stand get invited into the restaurant to nibble and sip at the edge of the table. If they join in whole heartedly and pay their share of the bill, they stay. If they don't, their asked to leave.
    -
    And so what if every now and then the restaurant gives the big spenders a free bottle of wine or a plate on the house? Whatever keeps them sitting there buying the most expensive items off the menu.
    -
    That's how the top team stays there
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 04-20-2015 at 04:32 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If you were able to farm epic bosses you could gain huge stat growth. My mini went from 1b to 57b Atk, and it's in a top 450 ish faction.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It is all about the money and they need more. If they can get some to use gold they win.
    Nick

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    Congratulations for being on a top 5 faction and on having an awesome stats of at least 3 trillions

I only have 2.5 trillion in stats and my FA is only 105 billion damage
    His is possible without being in a good faction because of epic boss. My attack in only 509b and my fa is over 120 billion damage
    Have you loved your llama today?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Correct mouse, people are using inaccurate analogies, but you hit it on the head. No salary caps, and a minimum prove of admission to even be on the team. People know they have to step up because they are on the top team.

Post Count
    Speed, I'm surprised you are entertaining these guys. Dew nothing can't tap but can find the time to post here. He is a fly on windshield: I don't post much anymore because it is a septic tank.