Can we get a "dev" in here please - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we get a "dev" in here please

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Bear View Post
    Well I asked and not shocked one bit not a one showed up. Heck I would have taken that 7 day wd mastermind but no dice. Guess the "devs" only show up when the sun is shining bright and we all know around here that's never the case. So I suppose the mods are left standing out in the rain, as usual.

Till next time I suppose.... When's the next event, tomorrow? See ya then lol

Well it's official, GREE modern war devs are the worst in the mobile gaming industry. NO ONE could screw up this much on purpose so therefore they are truly brain dead or .... Fill in your own blanks.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I cannot even imagine what kind of excuse the Developers would have for having so many major mistakes this past month and it is not even over yet!

They don't dare show their faces around here for they should be ashamed for the quality of work they have been doing lately.

Anyone in the development team get fired or reprimanded the the poor quality of work they have been forcing upon us.

Maybe if they did not pile on so many events they would make less mistakes?

*image removed*

Are these the newest members of the Development Team?

Post Count
    We assume that these are mistakes. Just as I assumed that the inability to actually hit a moving target in the map missions is a mistake. Turns out it is intentional based how the targets act/react.

Every aspect of this game is based on one single simple premise. It's to piss you off, take for example your base. Each day you log in only to discover it's been ransacked over night. When I first started playing I would get pissed off every morning and would work harder to try and build up my stats. Well of course the fast track to that is to buy gold or cash and pay your way to the top.

Expect for one little problem, I'm a cheapskate at heart and I will go out of my way find the least expensive of free way to accomplish the same goal. Guess what in this game you cannot do that. So I took the mindset that I didn't care, and in fact now I just leave my base dark expect when as I mentioned above I happen to swipe across my base and lit up a building or two which I've come to the conclusion is also not a mistake.

Now look at WD, it was a ton of fun in the beginning but just how long can someone play and not stand a chance of winning. Exactly, you could either spend your way to the top although there is some question as to whether that is actually what is transpiring or you can just say screw it. But the thing is WD is really a non started because you or I or any mere mortal who is playing this game frankly doesn't stand a chance.

I think the previous faction name said it best, they do always win. Now why would that be exactly. Logically if you take the top spending players and strongest players in the game you should get what we see taking place. That nobody else stands any possibility of winning and that is born out time and again by the 'leader' board. But then there is that nagging voice that pulls at me and says, wouldn't it seem logical that there could be a few more that could be just as powerful and spend just as much. Yet there seems to never be a change at the top of the heap and that is well, rather interesting. Do we see this in any other arena such as professional sports where a group of players so thoroughly dominate their sport that nobody else ever wins….. nope….. so how come that happens here.

I honestly wonder why other factions even try, and I sure hope they aren't being sucked into spending to do so…..
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Community Manager
    Post Count
    I'm disappointed with the tone some of these posts have taken.

I was sincere in my post thanking everyone for keeping this thread constructive in spite of how easily it could have turned non-constructive; however, it has devolved some since then.

We are fine your comments of frustration, but as we have requested previously, this can be done without slinging insults to GREE staff. Many people feel we don't want discontent posted here. This is a misconception. Discontent is valuable feedback. When we edit or remove posts voicing dissatisfaction, it is because it's insulting and non-constructive - we do not do this to silence you, and your dissatisfaction is regularly sent in reports to the developers.

Thank you

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    I'm disappointed with the tone some of these posts have taken.

I was sincere in my post thanking everyone for keeping this thread constructive in spite of how easily it could have turned non-constructive; however, it has devolved some since then.

We are fine your comments of frustration, but as we have requested previously, this can be done without slinging insults to GREE staff. Many people feel we don't want discontent posted here. This is a misconception. Discontent is valuable feedback. When we edit or remove posts voicing dissatisfaction, it is because it's insulting and non-constructive - we do not do this to silence you, and your dissatisfaction is regularly sent in reports to the developers.

Thank you
    I am disappointed in delusional expectations of happy fun times posts. Ain't nobody got time for that. "The devs are appropriately focused". Ha!. You are either very vacecious or have never tapped away in these games.

You want the tone to change...then act. FIX ONE THING!. When you guys do good we stand and applaud after falling over. Read every thread that's been posted for the last year and a half. Then have some realistic expectations, and be thankful you can hide behind a handle and not have your actual name run through the mud like other managers out in the real world. You my friend....are one lucky person.

Our tone is dictated by your actions. Take responsibility for it. Lead us to a happier place. We have told you how, you have it all written down for you in fact. Anything negative is not said in spite, it is said to waken you guys to the effects of YOUR ACTIONS
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Now ban me and quote "honesty and accuracy" as reasons for my ban. We know that sure as hell ain't aloud around these parts

Post Count
    But relic..... It's gree staff that CAUSE the frustration. Or do the constant problems in the game appear by magic? That's why we would like a dev, to not only explain what's being done to fix existing problems, but also so they see how much their inattention to detail really stuffs up the community so hopefully they work harder to stamp out future problems before they see the light of day.
    -
    Or, don't they care?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Ah, maybe there's a hidden clue in relics post?
    -
    Maybe the devs aren't gree staff?
    -
    Maybe each event is outsourced to the lowest bidder contractor in China or Nigeria to code and put into the game framework.
    -
    Now, that would explain a lot.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    We assume that these are mistakes. Just as I assumed that the inability to actually hit a moving target in the map missions is a mistake. Turns out it is intentional based how the targets act/react.

Every aspect of this game is based on one single simple premise. It's to piss you off, take for example your base. Each day you log in only to discover it's been ransacked over night. When I first started playing I would get pissed off every morning and would work harder to try and build up my stats. Well of course the fast track to that is to buy gold or cash and pay your way to the top.

Expect for one little problem, I'm a cheapskate at heart and I will go out of my way find the least expensive of free way to accomplish the same goal. Guess what in this game you cannot do that. So I took the mindset that I didn't care, and in fact now I just leave my base dark expect when as I mentioned above I happen to swipe across my base and lit up a building or two which I've come to the conclusion is also not a mistake.

Now look at WD, it was a ton of fun in the beginning but just how long can someone play and not stand a chance of winning. Exactly, you could either spend your way to the top although there is some question as to whether that is actually what is transpiring or you can just say screw it. But the thing is WD is really a non started because you or I or any mere mortal who is playing this game frankly doesn't stand a chance.

I think the previous faction name said it best, they do always win. Now why would that be exactly. Logically if you take the top spending players and strongest players in the game you should get what we see taking place. That nobody else stands any possibility of winning and that is born out time and again by the 'leader' board. But then there is that nagging voice that pulls at me and says, wouldn't it seem logical that there could be a few more that could be just as powerful and spend just as much. Yet there seems to never be a change at the top of the heap and that is well, rather interesting. Do we see this in any other arena such as professional sports where a group of players so thoroughly dominate their sport that nobody else ever wins….. nope….. so how come that happens here.

I honestly wonder why other factions even try, and I sure hope they aren't being sucked into spending to do so…..
    What they present for people to use is no accident.
    It isn't work capable of people without talent.

They are, indeed, extremely talented.

Despite protestations to the contrary, the tapper base hasn't declined to a level of unprofitably.

These folks may DEW things with which I disagree, but they DEW what they DEW very well.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    What they present for people to use is no accident.
    It isn't work capable of people without talent.

They are, indeed, extremely talented.

Despite protestations to the contrary, the tapper base hasn't declined to a level of unprofitably.

These folks may DEW things with which I disagree, but they DEW what they DEW very well.
    I can tell when you are having a lend, but I think this will be presented to the staff and they will all be given pats on the back. Sarcasm doesn't always convey via text

They will paraphrase you and it will say our valued community members think our devs abilities are, and I quote "they are, indeed, extremely talented" lol.
    Last edited by bam bam.; 04-20-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    But relic..... It's gree staff that CAUSE the frustration. Or do the constant problems in the game appear by magic? That's why we would like a dev, to not only explain what's being done to fix existing problems, but also so they see how much their inattention to detail really stuffs up the community so hopefully they work harder to stamp out future problems before they see the light of day.
    -
    Or, don't they care?
    As Relic mentioned, the developers are acutely aware that the community is frustrated over the problems you have experienced in the game, especially lately. They get reports daily from both the Community and Customer Support teams. I believe we are at a point where "actions speak louder than words" and perhaps you could agree that you want results, not excuses. As the team works on continuing to improve the game, we thank you for your continued patience, we know it isn't always easy.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    As Relic mentioned, the developers are acutely aware that the community is frustrated over the problems you have experienced in the game, especially lately. They get reports daily from both the Community and Customer Support teams. I believe we are at a point where "actions speak louder than words" and perhaps you could agree that you want results, not excuses. As the team works on continuing to improve the game, we thank you for your continued patience, we know it isn't always easy.
    I think most of us realize that it is frustrating for you, too.
    I would hate my job if I kept telling co-workers about problems and they never (ok, very rarely) did anything to fix those problems and kept producing more problems.

Yes, actions are due.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    We need both the words and the process to be transparent. Not a mud slinging match between managers and customers. We are in the know. We have been playing the game for years. I am certain we know more about our games than our community managers and probably more than most devs too. We just need to be listened too and as you quiet rightly say here. Your actions will speak louder than your words. All new managers start out with your helpful and reasonable tone. But after a few months they think we are attacking them and change their tone. Our frustrations with managers are only in the way you guys speak to us. Know that we know more about the games then you do. That is your point of reference. Then use our information and give us back our quality product that we pay for. Don't lose your tone bolt. Every time someone says something negative about "you" or"mods" they mean all your predecessors combined. Do not take it personally, just accept you have inherited the biggest mess I have ever seen in any professional company, and I have worked for massive rss companies who burry $18m machines so they don't have to transport them and deal with the logistics.

Post Count
    W
    Bolt, nothing personal. You and relic are just the latest in a stream of mods we have seen over years.
    -
    If there WAS constant effort to improve the game, then we would believe you. But we've been here years, you've been here days. Read back through the archives and see how much "improvement" there has actually been over those years. And remember, rolling out constant fixes, and then fixes for the fixes, does not constitute actual bona fide "improvement".
    -
    Actual improvement is not needing the fix in the first place. Or, Adding new content that (a) works first time, every time; and (b) players enjoy.
    -
    And that has not happened once in the three years I've been here.
    -
    Other games I play pull it off without a hitch, day in - day out. Why not Gree? What's the difference? The only difference at the end of the day is the company culture, and that comes down to people - gree staff and management. That's the on.y thing that separates your performance from those other companies - YOUR performance.
    -
    Fix that, fix everything else.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 04-20-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Ah, maybe there's a hidden clue in relics post?
    -
    Maybe the devs aren't gree staff?
    -
    Maybe each event is outsourced to the lowest bidder contractor in China or Nigeria to code and put into the game framework.
    -
    Now, that would explain a lot.
    I understand the frustration. I've been a gamer for most of my life and know how it feels when things aren't functioning properly in a game (it got really ugly at my house with Diablo 3's launch fiasco) so I've certainly been in similar shoes as yours.

As the Community Team works as an intermediary between you and the developers, we'd appreciate that frustration is stated civilly. For one, it's just a more effective way to communicate, but it's also a better way to draw new people to the community. New members who come to the forum will shy away when they see insults, and it benefits all of us to have our community grow.

It hasn't gone unnoticed by the Community staff that your (the community's) harsh reactions are because you all are very passionate, and a passionate community is a great thing to have! It's just a bit disappointing to have a bright, articulate, group such as yourselves resort to name-calling and inappropriate language. We know you're better than that, it just gets lost in your unfortunate and understandable frustration with the game.