Can we get a "dev" in here please - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Can we get a "dev" in here please

  1. #31
    Prominent Poet bam bam.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    1,471
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    I understand the frustration. I've been a gamer for most of my life and know how it feels when things aren't functioning properly in a game (it got really ugly at my house with Diablo 3's launch fiasco) so I've certainly been in similar shoes as yours.

    As the Community Team works as an intermediary between you and the developers, we'd appreciate that frustration is stated civilly. For one, it's just a more effective way to communicate, but it's also a better way to draw new people to the community. New members who come to the forum will shy away when they see insults, and it benefits all of us to have our community grow.

    It hasn't gone unnoticed by the Community staff that your (the community's) harsh reactions are because you all are very passionate, and a passionate community is a great thing to have! It's just a bit disappointing to have a bright, articulate, group such as yourselves resort to name-calling and inappropriate language. We know you're better than that, it just gets lost in your unfortunate and understandable frustration with the game.
    I loved Diablo.

    But don't get all sensitive about wording. We are grown ups. Don't take it to heart. Take the core message. Sticks and stones. Getting hung up about a few choice words....really?. Compared to years of head slamming into a desk every time we see a "new and improved change" your complaint is not one that ranks highly on anyone's list. We tried civil, it doesn't work. You want us to talk politely to the people who screw us over at every chance?. Did you want to speak kindly to blizzard when Diablo wasn't functioning as it should?
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

  2. #32
    Prominent Poet bam bam.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    1,471
    We are passionate but your guys are incompetent. That is stating facts.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

  3. #33
    Community Manager
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Post Count
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    L

    I loved Diablo.

    But don't get all sensitive about wording. We are grown ups. Don't take it to heart. Take the core message. Sticks and stones. Getting hung up about a few choice words....really?. Compared to years of head slamming into a desk every time we see a "new and improved change" your complaint is not one that ranks highly on anyone's list. We tried civil, it doesn't work. You want us to talk politely to the people who screw us over at every chance?. Did you want to speak kindly to blizzard when Diablo wasn't functioning as it should?
    It's not that we aren't accustomed to hearing strong words, it's part of our jobs. We want civility because it's easier to gather feedback when a post is succinct and not full of asterisks where a swear filter takes over, or when we simply get messages that is a string of insults and no feedback. We're also looking out for the new members to the forum, and minors, and other people who want the forum to be a fun place to meet fellow players of the game.

    I can't stress enough to you that the Community staff is not out to "screw" you over. It's our job to advocate for you, and we enjoy doing it. When we enforce forum rules we're just doing our job along with reporting feedback to the teams. We aren't programmers or developers so we can't fix anything ourselves - that's not meant as an excuse, it's merely an explanation as to why we might not have technical answers for you. When we receive information, we certainly report it back to you.

    And to answer your question: "Did you want to speak kindly to blizzard when Diablo wasn't functioning as it should?"

    I've been a Community Manager for years, so I see things from a different perspective. Yes, I wanted to speak kindly on their forums and social media because I knew the staff there were advocating for me and providing information as they received it. I knew that I'd be putting them in a situation where they'd have to delete my posts or issue an infraction when they could be communicating with the team. I was really angry, too. I spent some good money on that game for it not to be playable, but the people working on the forums/social media weren't out to screw me over, they were trying to help me. In the frenzy of complaints they were getting, they were doing their best to help.

    I like to use this analogy - It's kind of like yelling at a cashier when prices go up.

    Anyway, I didn't do this to argue with you all, I just wanted to shed some light on this and let you know that I've been an angry video game consumer before and I understand the frustration you all are going through because I've been there.

    I hope you all have a nice evening.

  4. #34
    Prominent Poet bam bam.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    1,471
    We are no more in the know now than we were before you started enlightening us on civility mate.

    We gather info for you, we state it clearly and succinctly. Look at the sticky started by andy. We spoon feed you guys but you just keep spewing it up everywhere. How's about zero new features till andys list has been cleared. And the definition for cleared is we the members say "yes issue fixed" and we modify it to reflect as such. Simples.

    Andys thread.
    -17pages
    -244 replies
    -over 20000 views. Yes we are invested in helping you guys out.
    Last edited by bam bam.; 04-20-2015 at 06:05 PM.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

  5. #35
    Prominent Poet Rolinz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    As Relic mentioned, the developers are acutely aware that the community is frustrated over the problems you have experienced in the game, especially lately. They get reports daily from both the Community and Customer Support teams. I believe we are at a point where "actions speak louder than words" and perhaps you could agree that you want results, not excuses. As the team works on continuing to improve the game, we thank you for your continued patience, we know it isn't always easy.
    We have not had even a word of even an excuse why these things keeps happening.

    As far as we know, they are made aware of the problem when we posts here.

    What we would like to know is what is going to be done about these continuous problems.

    Will the person or team responsible for these screw-ups get a reprimand? Will they get re-trained?

    How is GREE going to minimize future problems?

    I know the Mods and Community Managers have no responsibility in these problems. I do know the blame lays squarely on the Development Team and Quality Assurance Team and Management Team for not doing anything to resolve these problems.

    That is where I direct my frustration and anger at the incompetence they have been showing us lately.
    Last edited by Rolinz; 04-20-2015 at 07:17 PM.

  6. #36
    Master of Musings Agent Orange's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Post Count
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    It's not that we aren't accustomed to hearing strong words, it's part of our jobs. We want civility because it's easier to gather feedback when a post is succinct and not full of asterisks where a swear filter takes over, or when we simply get messages that is a string of insults and no feedback. We're also looking out for the new members to the forum, and minors, and other people who want the forum to be a fun place to meet fellow players of the game.

    I can't stress enough to you that the Community staff is not out to "screw" you over. It's our job to advocate for you, and we enjoy doing it. When we enforce forum rules we're just doing our job along with reporting feedback to the teams. We aren't programmers or developers so we can't fix anything ourselves - that's not meant as an excuse, it's merely an explanation as to why we might not have technical answers for you. When we receive information, we certainly report it back to you.

    And to answer your question: "Did you want to speak kindly to blizzard when Diablo wasn't functioning as it should?"

    I've been a Community Manager for years, so I see things from a different perspective. Yes, I wanted to speak kindly on their forums and social media because I knew the staff there were advocating for me and providing information as they received it. I knew that I'd be putting them in a situation where they'd have to delete my posts or issue an infraction when they could be communicating with the team. I was really angry, too. I spent some good money on that game for it not to be playable, but the people working on the forums/social media weren't out to screw me over, they were trying to help me. In the frenzy of complaints they were getting, they were doing their best to help.

    I like to use this analogy - It's kind of like yelling at a cashier when prices go up.

    Anyway, I didn't do this to argue with you all, I just wanted to shed some light on this and let you know that I've been an angry video game consumer before and I understand the frustration you all are going through because I've been there.

    I hope you all have a nice evening.
    Yes I enjoyed a plate of fall off the bone ribs thank you!

    As I've said before we do understand just what a lousy position you folks are in being caught in the middle. I think though that we have reached critical mass in terms of out and out dissatisfaction with the way things are going. And that is why folks have reached the point where civility takes a back seat to outright anger.

    As customers we feel we are being ignored, we continually offer up feedback only to have it ignored. For example the length of WD, 7 days really, who asked for that yet we got it. Or equipment, we asked that it not be done and yet someone green lighted the process. That feedback thread I see every week is more like a slap in the face with a dead cod, yet we try and be constructive only to be IGNORED since nobody actually address what ever gets posted to it so it just seems it falls into a Gree black hole.

    The plethora of problems as well from having to constantly reinstall the app on IOS to Android players getting locked out during the final moments of FL granted that might be fixed finally but it took 4 tries….

    The relentless onslaught of events just makes us think you are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us and frankly this is really starting to wear thin. Yes I am a free player, though I have spent money on this game when and only when I felt it was worth it but that was a long time ago now. I would consider spending again if it weren't for the dismal quality control and unspectacular events.

    Basically the message that should make it's way to management is, that you guys have screwed up big time and if it isn't already too late you need to actually listen to the people paying your salaries….. and if for some reason they think they know better, well we all know where this will all end up.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

    Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

    War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

  7. #37
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Post Count
    110
    Best post I have seen in a long time. Devs, moderators, community managers, but especially Gree management, please read this simple yet true post. Stop wasting your time on new things until the old issues are fixed. Stop trying to placate us in the forums until you tell us exactly what you are doing to fix the issues brought up. And the request list goes on but you seem to keep on missing it. Read the post below; it represents most of our thoughts.

    Cheers

    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    We are no more in the know now than we were before you started enlightening us on civility mate.

    We gather info for you, we state it clearly and succinctly. Look at the sticky started by andy. We spoon feed you guys but you just keep spewing it up everywhere. How's about zero new features till andys list has been cleared. And the definition for cleared is we the members say "yes issue fixed" and we modify it to reflect as such. Simples.

    Andys thread.
    -17pages
    -244 replies
    -over 20000 views. Yes we are invested in helping you guys out.
    Last edited by azgrunge; 04-20-2015 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Typo fix

  8. #38
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Post Count
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post

    I like to use this analogy - It's kind of like yelling at a cashier when prices go up.
    Really? I'd say a better analogy would be going over to the customer service desk to report a spillage on aisle 6, and for the cs rep to ignore them and turn the page on the book that they are reading. Meanwhile in aside 6, a shelf stacker steps round the puddle, takes the Heinz baked beans cans off the shelf, replaces them with smaller Jims Choice cans, that are dented and past their sell by date, and puts the price up by 50%. That's why people are yelling

  9. #39
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Post Count
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    I'm disappointed with the tone some of these posts have taken.

    I was sincere in my post thanking everyone for keeping this thread constructive in spite of how easily it could have turned non-constructive; however, it has devolved some since then.

    We are fine your comments of frustration, but as we have requested previously, this can be done without slinging insults to GREE staff. Many people feel we don't want discontent posted here. This is a misconception. Discontent is valuable feedback. When we edit or remove posts voicing dissatisfaction, it is because it's insulting and non-constructive - we do not do this to silence you, and your dissatisfaction is regularly sent in reports to the developers.

    Thank you
    I think it is constructive to pass on to the devs that the community believes they are incompetent. That's not an insult. It's an assessment. It's the same I'd tell a direct report in an annual review. What else would I tell someone that consistently makes so many errors in their work-product? Blowing sunshine up someone's butt does neither side any favors. Ideally a review balances out acknowledgement of successes with areas needing improvement. But, I honestly can't identify any successes. That's not a hyperbole. I wish it were. There were some occasions it appeared game balancing was going to be addressed. But that was temporary and the pendulum swung back the other way like a wrecking ball.

    Incompetent
    [in-kom-pi-tuh nt]
    adjective
    1. not competent; lacking qualification or ability; incapable:
    an incompetent candidate.
    2. characterized by or showing incompetence:
    His incompetent acting ruined the play.



    Tomorrow is my fifth day after having deleted the game. I keep checking here in hopes that something will improve. I keep hoping for a reason to start playing again so I can stop resisting my team's pleas to come back (the gluttons for punishment that are still there). Unfortunately, all I see is the same ole empty apologies and platitudes "We understand your frustration...we're working on it...we'll pass along your feedback" and the like.


    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    . . .that's not meant as an excuse, it's merely an explanation as to why we might not have technical answers for you. When we receive information, we certainly report it back to you. . . .
    I've noticed you are always VERY careful to state If you receive information you'll share it. The problem many of us have is the "if" part. So here's some more constructive feedback. Tell the devs that the community wants them to take a damn minute to tell you what the status is. It's only going to interrupt their latest screw up for a minute. Lol. Sorry. Couldn't help myself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    . . .it's also a better way to draw new people to the community. New members who come to the forum will shy away when they see insults, and it benefits all of us to have our community grow. . .
    Now why would I want to do that? I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being serious. Game balance is non existent when less than 10% of the teams can complete a so-called beginner level. Long standing bugs go unresolved with new ones added every event. Nothing gets fixed without a massive uproar. It shouldn't have to be that way. Customer support acts like they couldn't care less about us. They don't even bother to read the ticket. We come here in an attempt to get answers and all we get is "I'll pass it to the developers" which means it's gone into the black hole because information only travels one way never to be heard from again. So I ask again. Since I'm not a sadist, why would I encourage anyone to play the game or join the forum? Because I like seeing other gamers get frustrated too? Because misery loves company?


    Bolt hit the nail on the head. Actions speak louder than words. Right now, I can't hear a word you say because what you do (or don't do) is deafening. There are only two ways for customers to contact Gree and customer support doesn't care enough to even read tickets. So, like it or not, your it.
    A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

    Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

    The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

    To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

  10. #40
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    815
    Exactly. You're worried about newcomers to the forum? Really? It just further shows the disconnect. Nobody new is coming here. Quite the opposite. They are all fleeing! And it's not because of the way anyone here is speaking. It's because GREE is screwing the pooch in ALL of their games. I'd wager that 95% of the "new" people here are old timers the got caught up by some overzealous moderation. Or they are those dormant Vietnamese restaurant and computer repair spam accounts.

  11. #41
    Banned
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Post Count
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    I understand the frustration. I've been a gamer for most of my life and know how it feels when things aren't functioning properly in a game (it got really ugly at my house with Diablo 3's launch fiasco) so I've certainly been in similar shoes as yours.

    As the Community Team works as an intermediary between you and the developers, we'd appreciate that frustration is stated civilly. For one, it's just a more effective way to communicate, but it's also a better way to draw new people to the community. New members who come to the forum will shy away when they see insults, and it benefits all of us to have our community grow.

    It hasn't gone unnoticed by the Community staff that your (the community's) harsh reactions are because you all are very passionate, and a passionate community is a great thing to have! It's just a bit disappointing to have a bright, articulate, group such as yourselves resort to name-calling and inappropriate language. We know you're better than that, it just gets lost in your unfortunate and understandable frustration with the game.

    If new people do not come and join this forum it is not because of the civility of its players on it. Us players voicing our concerns and frustrations is a direct effect that has been caused by gree's inability to listen and to have any kind of quality control. We play cycle after cycle of too many events at once, events that are full of glitches, and play a game that has devalued accounts that have played for a very long time. It is up to gree to save the sinking ship, and the tone of us players will start to change if that truly happens.

  12. #42
    Master of Musings Agent Orange's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Post Count
    4,023
    Just to add further to the new player comment. Anyone reading the top reviews on the app store would likely stop in their tracks right then and there since the top reviews are all telling potential players to avoid this app like the plague. Plus the number of 1 star ratings.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

    Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

    War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

  13. #43
    Master of Musings Agent Orange's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Post Count
    4,023
    It dawned on me that gree corp considers it's customers to be Hamusutāhoīru and that as one dies they will just put another one on the wheel. Problem is they are starting to run out of live ones....

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VuMdLm0ccU
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

    Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

    War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •