Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets" - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets"

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    I get it completely, but here's the point I'm trying to make..

..it's a game
    A game should still have the same rules for all players, yes? It shouldn't be made harder for those who've been around for a while. That would be like making a chess grand master start without a queen. In order to get one they'd need to move a pawn right across the board.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    A game should still have the same rules for all players, yes? It shouldn't be made harder for those who've been around for a while. That would be like making a chess grand master start without a queen. In order to get one they'd need to move a pawn right across the board.
    I didn't say anything about that, I agree that the tiers for the higher levels were utterly insane and was extremely unfair to a majority of players.

All I said was farming in general isn't bad.. as long as it's the same for everyone
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    I get it completely, but here's the point I'm trying to make..

..it's a game
    That is a convenient argument that you throw out now because it is easy. Yet you are the one that constantly posts new threads whining about modifiers not stacking, war prizes etc etc.
    i always gave you a pass here due to your stated youth.....now I am questioning if that is the actual reason.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Drake View Post
    That is a convenient argument that you throw out now because it is easy. Yet you are the one that constantly posts new threads whining about modifiers not stacking, war prizes etc etc.
    i always gave you a pass here due to your stated youth.....now I am questioning if that is the actual reason.
    Are you suggesting retardation?
    Definition of Game: A competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a single set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

As the rules in CC differ by level, does that stop it being classed as a game?

Post Count
    I prefer the term developmentally disabled.

Post Count
    This. Exactly this.

And while it is "just a game", many have spent thousands trying to compete in it, so they have a lot more skin in the game. If I were Evan, I wouldn't be so dismissive, even when it is the only convenient response. Especially from a guy that completely lost his mind when a tier 8 prize was deemed more valuable than a tier 7 prize.

Post Count
    Games also need goals and obstacles to overcome. Everything shouldn't be free.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    This. Exactly this.

And while it is "just a game", many have spent thousands trying to compete in it, so they have a lot more skin in the game. If I were Evan, I wouldn't be so dismissive, even when it is the only convenient response. Especially from a guy that completely lost his mind when a tier 8 prize was deemed more valuable than a tier 7 prize.
    You act like I'm the only hypocrite here

Post Count
    Do you agree that prizes shouldn't stack?

If so then I'm sorry for complaining..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You can't possibly be this dense. It is unfathomable.
    You know what. My mistake. I will join the rest of the posters bouncing my noggin against my office wall

Post Count
    The problem with this change is that there used to be events for everyone. EB favored lower levels, RB and LTQ's tended to favor higher level accounts, and SA was the egalitarian event that favored no one. For each event, gold spenders could "spend" their way out of difficulty.

Gold spenders pay to keep the game running - so providing some level of advantage should be expected and understood by the whole community (unless you're a damn commie!). That being said, if free players can't be put in a position to feel they can be competitive, they will quit the game so there will only be enough players to fill 200 or so syndicates - and where's the fun in that?

Developers should revisit the original elements of this game and consider ways to make things reasonably equitable for all players. This doesn't mean that new accounts can become stronger (raw stat wise) in one eb event than established accounts (especially gold spending ones). It also means that they should alienate loyal, long-term players by changing events so much that they can't be enjoyed anymore (PVP, RB, EB...and the list goes on to include just about every event). I'm certainly not against change, but most of the changes that have been made certainly don't add to the fun of the game. Adding accomplices was a bad idea that no one asked for (though i will give credit where it's due by adding SA, which is fun....when it's working properly).

In summary: scale back the overlapping events, this game is becoming too much of a chore to have fun. When you launch an event, do your best to make sure it's bug free. If you find a bug in the event, don't keep it on the schedule til the bugs are fixed. Consider the original element of different events for different types of players (but not so easy for any one group that they can earn a significant edge in game play).

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Kid T you're right in some ways but wrong in soooo many more. As a level 230 character why would I want an advantage to an ltq??? Not one item is worth the time or effort! Rb favors those minis that got in on the last eb that were able to not only do 100 bosses and all legendary goals but 500 more after farming great items that my 230 character couldn't even achieve 60 of without mass amounts of gold. Are there too many events? YES!! Does gree have to not only engage new players as well as veteran players? YES but there literally has to be a better way, that can balance the game better for all players.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CatDor View Post
    Kid T you're right in some ways but wrong in soooo many more. As a level 230 character why would I want an advantage to an ltq??? Not one item is worth the time or effort! Rb favors those minis that got in on the last eb that were able to not only do 100 bosses and all legendary goals but 500 more after farming great items that my 230 character couldn't even achieve 60 of without mass amounts of gold. Are there too many events? YES!! Does gree have to not only engage new players as well as veteran players? YES but there literally has to be a better way, that can balance the game better for all players.
    Absolutely. Spending gold used to be a means to an end - you spent some to circumvent time restrictions to complete events -but a player who put the time in could get close enough to finishing that a smaller amount of gold would let them get across the line. So it was about time management principally.

At some stage the Gree suits decided it should be the end in itself. Without spending, and spending increasingly large amounts a player couldn't begin to get close to finishing. The inevitable result was lots of players simply stopped doing certain events.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Absolutely. Spending gold used to be a means to an end - you spent some to circumvent time restrictions to complete events -but a player who put the time in could get close enough to finishing that a smaller amount of gold would let them get across the line. So it was about time management principally.

At some stage the Gree suits decided it should be the end in itself. Without spending, and spending increasingly large amounts a player couldn't begin to get close to finishing. The inevitable result was lots of players simply stopped doing certain events.
    So true! Well said!
    Line ID: clementine88