Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets" - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets"

Post Count
    Why on earth do you think everyone should be able to finish? There's got to be a reason to buy gold, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I did not complete last EB because it was impossoble with lot of gold. Now i think i can do it with some gold. My mini completed last EB in 1 day just for free. I like this new system without tiers. Finaly something for high lvl players. Do something for battle too. My high lvl has much lower average of IP than lower lvl player

Forgot about SA. Do something too. New player mini doesnt need any IPH for SA.
    Join friedly team top250: 849.528.387
    questions? - https://www.groupme.com/join_group/9531669/EpZ5dw

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Why on earth do you think everyone should be able to finish? There's got to be a reason to buy gold, you know.
    Agreed. However it should be possible for someone to spend gold and have a chance at winning. The majority of current and active players can not finish this event without dropping an entire vault or two. The boss should be scaled to attack stats to give everyone a more equal chance.

Post Count
    I guarantee that anyone can finish by spending enough gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I used to love this event but now it's ruined for me I think Gree needs to get their heads out of you no where and find a happy medium for both high and low level players I'm not a gold free player yet this change to epic boss it's making me Definetely consider just giving up on game completely I'm sure if Gree tried they could find a solution for both low and high lvls players issue with boss

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    If there is just a base strength surely the games strongest player should be able to finish for free? Which they can but I mean with like 1 hit how the lower levels used to do it not using 5/6 hits.... Few days off cc is always nice tho thanks gree for the break ����

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisoru View Post
    Agreed. However it should be possible for someone to spend gold and have a chance at winning. The majority of current and active players can not finish this event without dropping an entire vault or two. The boss should be scaled to attack stats to give everyone a more equal chance.
    That is one of the most ridiculous proposals I have ever heard. What's the point of getting stronger if the game is going to stay exactly the same? And would they make building and upgrade costs fluctuate with your IPH as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    The changes they have made to epic boss have been by far a great improvement.

For once minis and free players feel the pain that long time players and gold users have been feeling for a long time.

I bet those of you who are threatening to retire are free players or minis so it's no great loss to Gree.
    the way I look at it the epic boss was the only event you could actually complete without using gold. You have to be an extremely frequent player in order to beat it for free but now so much for that, what's the reward for logging in constantly? Free player; gold player whatever.since 2011 I've spent a ridiculous amount of gold on this game, just because I don't spend at the level that I used to doesn't mean that all my past purchases should be thrown out the window
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    There are certain events that should be completed with gold and some that should be POSSIBLE to complete gold free.. And Epic boss was always one of them.

Epic boss used to be my favorite event for that reason, but now it looks like it'll take gold just to finish the 100.. not to mention speed and legendary goals.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This game should make you want to get stronger and lvl up. The old style eb most old players either had to spend gold or not finish while newbies and min's finished gold free and it was a walk in the park. It got to a point where people was making mini's just so they can finish eb. new free players or mini's shouldn't be able to gain higher stats than someone that has spent gold over the years. eb got to the point where it was best to be a free player and when you get to a high lvl it was best to just start over.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    There are certain events that should be completed with gold and some that should be POSSIBLE to complete gold free.. And Epic boss was always one of them.

Epic boss used to be my favorite event for that reason, but now it looks like it'll take gold just to finish the 100.. not to mention speed and legendary goals.
    I wasn't able to finish last EB without gold, but i will finish this one for free.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Collect 10 Box Events can be completed gold-free by many.

EB should have never been the gold-free, mini-beast-making-fest that it had become.

Evan, your entitlement is sticking out again.
    Line ID: clementine88

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    This EB is worst, wont spend gold for sure, all the randomness and excitment of the game slowly being removed. There must be level attached to the boss health....

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cc thunder View Post
    the way I look at it the epic boss was the only event you could actually complete without using gold. You have to be an extremely frequent player in order to beat it for free but now so much for that, what's the reward for logging in constantly? Free player; gold player whatever.since 2011 I've spent a ridiculous amount of gold on this game, just because I don't spend at the level that I used to doesn't mean that all my past purchases should be thrown out the window
    Well think of the new format as a leveling of the playing field for people who have...you know.....a job, maybe?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Well think of the new format as a leveling of the playing field for people who have...you know.....a job, maybe?
    Fair enough, but not all jobs pay well enough so someone can drop hundreds here month on month.

I'm not fussed about finishing every event, or chasing indy rank in war and SA, but there have to be some instances where it is possible to finish without gold whether that be random good fortune as in RB wrapper and box events, or simply by being active on the game as EB should be. Keeping players at all levels of spending (and none) engaged with the game is surely the good to good player feedback and getting new people in through recommendation from friends. On the other hand if the consensus is that the game is just a money pit, and the company will chew players up and spit them out it's the slow route to death.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"