Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets"

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets"

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Epic Boss is WAY too hard. We need a system for everyone, not just "vets"

Heya there. So I'm a level 100 with around 400m attack. I'm currently hitting EB level 31 and it takes 3 money hits to down him. I'm guessing that I'm only going to hit level 50 of that during this event.

I won't be able to raise my stats high enough to ever complete the EB if this system stays in place. The very very strongest players will continue to get stronger by being able to earn the bonuses and players like myself will never catch up, as I'm sure each new EB will be tougher than the last.

Most of the events in Crime City are slanted to give high level and high stat "veterans" the massive advantage. This EB event was the only way the little guys like me could even hope to reach higher ranks. I can't even imagine how a new player would feel knowing the staggering impossibility it is to try to improve their ranking.

I used to spend gold right around lvl 85 to refill my health so I could get over the last 15 levels. Now that I plainly see I have no chance, I won't be doing that. Gree, by utilizing this new system I daresay you are ostracizing quite a large chunk of your player base. My syndicate is a top 75 and we have all realized we won't complete this event.

I understand that the old system wasn't perfect. The boss was simply overpowering for those on a higher level. But, I urge you to reconsider the current setup. This was the best event in Crime City, and we need to meet in the middle.

Thank you.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    The epic boss is no kinder to players on the higher levels than it is to you - perhaps slightly less nasty for those above Lvl 250, but I would say harder for 201-250s than last one.

The big mistake was in the previous boss. The prizes awarded then were game changing in their inflation and should have been made equally available to all players regardless of level. If that had been done the most active players would have been the ones to benefit most (this is how it was done in Modern War when the last EB had prizes with stats above a million almost from the start).

As it was, the event was stupidly lop-sided so many low levels just walked right through and farmed literally hundreds of Lvl 100 bosses, whilst higher level players could in many cases barely struggle through the 100th boss. The super strong minis now have raw attack of immense power (one of them joined my syndicate for Raid Boss; his FA was three times stronger than our strongest player and his QA was almost as strong as my FA!), so they will have a huge advantage in both boss events for a long time.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Totally agree. I was in disposition of 2000 gold bar ready to throw in epic boss. I was going to use into the final push to lvl 100 and legendary goals. Now that I'm straggling with lvl 40 I realized that gold isn't gonna get me there so I'm holding my expenditure.
    So gree the final result of this big mistake of yours is that players like me (and there are plenty) will not expend gold on the EB.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    The epic boss is no kinder to players on the higher levels than it is to you - perhaps slightly less nasty for those above Lvl 250, but I would say harder for 201-250s than last one.

The big mistake was in the previous boss. The prizes awarded then were game changing in their inflation and should have been made equally available to all players regardless of level. If that had been done the most active players would have been the ones to benefit most (this is how it was done in Modern War when the last EB had prizes with stats above a million almost from the start).

As it was, the event was stupidly lop-sided so many low levels just walked right through and farmed literally hundreds of Lvl 100 bosses, whilst higher level players could in many cases barely struggle through the 100th boss. The super strong minis now have raw attack of immense power (one of them joined my syndicate for Raid Boss; his FA was three times stronger than our strongest player and his QA was almost as strong as my FA!), so they will have a huge advantage in both boss events for a long time.
    You make some excellent points. Perhaps a better system would be to scale the Epic Boss to attack stats. Make it so it's relatively easy to get to lvl 75. After that make it so that a player either needs to take full advantage of health refills or needs to login more frequently to finish the event.

I myself was able to take some advantage of the last EB. I went from 45m to 400m. However, I'll forever be super weak in comparison to both the veterans and the new Super mini accounts. It's an extremely unfortunate situation for most of us...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Mafia attack mods are taken into account for EB, so the super minis, having no mods, are essentially useless!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaggard View Post
    Mafia attack mods are taken into account for EB, so the super minis, having no mods, are essentially useless!
    and why the damage I make to he boss is less than my attack stats?

Post Count
    As a 250+, last epic took me almost 50 hits to kill a 100. This one will be way easier.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    All I can say is I see more people retiring now than ever the old system wasn't fair but this certainly isn't either . It's just stupid . I know many say get your stats up then complete it but many will just leave and when there's only top teams left they will start to get smaller you only need to look at the top teams TAW had about 15empty seats and SAS1 had 5 for war . Something needed to be changed but I don't think this is the answer I already have several members considering retiring over the constant changes were a T200 team and not many will complete 100kills if any so I'm sure many T500 teams won't complete any syndicate missions let alone 4/5/6 of them .

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolisher VFF Rebels View Post
    All I can say is I see more people retiring now than ever the old system wasn't fair but this certainly isn't either . It's just stupid . I know many say get your stats up then complete it but many will just leave and when there's only top teams left they will start to get smaller you only need to look at the top teams TAW had about 15empty seats and SAS1 had 5 for war . Something needed to be changed but I don't think this is the answer I already have several members considering retiring over the constant changes were a T200 team and not many will complete 100kills if any so I'm sure many T500 teams won't complete any syndicate missions let alone 4/5/6 of them .
    Really?

If all 60 members took 5 hits and stopped until the next daily goal, you wouldn't have an issue. It's people playing for themselves other than the syndicate that will cause issues in these situations. If you won't pay for the 100 kills, play for the syndicate.
    Definition of Game: A competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a single set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

As the rules in CC differ by level, does that stop it being classed as a game?

Post Count
    The epic boss was the last thing to ruin. I guess that's taken care of now.

LOL, so much for being cautiously optimistic when they removed tiers.

There ain't much left to do in this game nowadays. Ah well, it is what it is.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnson View Post
    The epic boss was the last thing to ruin. I guess that's taken care of now.

LOL, so much for being cautiously optimistic when they removed tiers.

There ain't much left to do in this game nowadays. Ah well, it is what it is.
    There is still one thing the developers haven't ruined. LTBs. If they make the purchase and upgrades gold-only, that would be the final nail for me.

Post Count
    The changes they have made to epic boss have been by far a great improvement.

For once minis and free players feel the pain that long time players and gold users have been feeling for a long time.

I bet those of you who are threatening to retire are free players or minis so it's no great loss to Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    The changes they have made to epic boss have been by far a great improvement.

For once minis and free players feel the pain that long time players and gold users have been feeling for a long time.

I bet those of you who are threatening to retire are free players or minis so it's no great loss to Gree.
    Kinda agree with this. You knew any changes would bring in a new class of complainers. Saying this is an advantage for higher level players is silly, and even if it was, it would be payback for the multiple previous events where the higher level players were punished.

1. A tiered system that is slanted towards new players having an easy time is not fair.

2. Nobody is "owed" the ability to finish an event for free.

3. Gold sales are what keeps this game alive. If the mini free accounts quit, good for them. Frees up server space for the people who paid their rent. Buh Bye.

4. After the last Boss event, no lower level account has the right to complain. Ever.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

1. A tiered system that is slanted towards new players having an easy time is not fair.

2. Nobody is "owed" the ability to finish an event for free.

3. Gold sales are what keeps this game alive. If the mini free accounts quit, good for them. Frees up server space for the people who paid their rent. Buh Bye.

4. After the last Boss event, no lower level account has the right to complain. Ever.

-----Agreed!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post

Seems accurate to say that this event was to swing the pendulum back, in order to help balance out all the imbalance in the previous Epic Boss. The only way to fix this event is to make it so everyone can complete it, not just a few, as in both this round and the previous.