Doing the right thing or not in this case...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Doing the right thing or not in this case...

Hybrid View

Post Count

Doing the right thing or not in this case...

I rarely visit let alone post since I stopped playing a year ago, but I thought you might like this... I hope you're still having fun with this game and not too poor for it. If GREEd continues on this path, they won't be around for much longer but maybe they're just in it for a quick buck... Good luck!

Post Count
    Because this is good info, GREE will remove it.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Long time no speak mate. That video was excellent I would suggest Gree watches it but somehow I doubt that will happen.

I'm on the verge of quitting too. Had enough. Just too much wrong and every time we start to have fun gree seems to crush it. Latest example is raid boss to stop people farming.

So it's time to go and spend my money elsewhere. Problem is I need a mobile game with the depth of MW and there's not a lot around. CoC and Boom Beach just don't cut it and will pull you into spending more nearer higher levels and they are too repetitive.

But once I find that game, I'm gone.
    Hope your doing well, nice of you to pop by and share that.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HGF69 View Post
    Long time no speak mate. That video was excellent I would suggest Gree watches it but somehow I doubt that will happen.

I'm on the verge of quitting too. Had enough. Just too much wrong and every time we start to have fun gree seems to crush it. Latest example is raid boss to stop people farming.

So it's time to go and spend my money elsewhere. Problem is I need a mobile game with the depth of MW and there's not a lot around. CoC and Boom Beach just don't cut it and will pull you into spending more nearer higher levels and they are too repetitive.

But once I find that game, I'm gone.
    Hope your doing well, nice of you to pop by and share that.
    I plan on making that game, just like MW but I need a team.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    I plan on going to the moon, I just need to learn to fly a rocket!

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Testing........I guess new people aren't allowed to post links?

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    I'm a 25 year business software engineer.....Never a game developer....I suck at graphics but the database, middle-tier, cloud service development, game play logic you'll need, I would join your team if you have the right people and gaming engine picked out......PM Me if you're serious about it....I've storyboarded a competing game through level 10 and other gamers I've shown it to said they want to be the first to beta test it....The model I've put into the game development process is similar to what this video was talking about.....in the game I was designing, the "bonuses/goals" would be achievable with only a $5-10 a month in game purchase, and some would be achievable if you stayed on top of the upgrading times... no team could take advantage by outspending another....there would be a level of skill and planning, and of course willing to tap-tap-tap away to achieve the goals.....for people who want to generate there own "gold" we would have a $99 "structure" that would generate free "gold" throughout the day that a player would have to collect...so tons of ideas on how not to "****" over the players but still make some serious money......and a damn fun game!

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mieyb3270 View Post
    I'm a 25 year business software engineer.....Never a game developer....I suck at graphics but the database, middle-tier, cloud service development, game play logic you'll need, I would join your team if you have the right people and gaming engine picked out......PM Me if you're serious about it....I've storyboarded a competing game through level 10 and other gamers I've shown it to said they want to be the first to beta test it....The model I've put into the game development process is similar to what this video was talking about.....in the game I was designing, the "bonuses/goals" would be achievable with only a $5-10 a month in game purchase, and some would be achievable if you stayed on top of the upgrading times... no team could take advantage by outspending another....there would be a level of skill and planning, and of course willing to tap-tap-tap away to achieve the goals.....for people who want to generate there own "gold" we would have a $99 "structure" that would generate free "gold" throughout the day that a player would have to collect...so tons of ideas on how not to "****" over the players but still make some serious money......and a damn fun game!
    sounds like a great game once it on the boards let me know I am looking for a better way to spend my time and not so much of my money

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post

I rarely visit let alone post since I stopped playing a year ago, but I thought you might like this... I hope you're still having fun with this game and not too poor for it. If GREEd continues on this path, they won't be around for much longer but maybe they're just in it for a quick buck... Good luck!
    Outstanding, Dutchie. I always enjoyed your posts. This one is spot on relevant. I had suspected this business model would eventually lead to this very situation. Thanks for affirmation.

So, how is life after MW? I've been on an exit strategy myself. The initial decision to stop spending was hardest. But once I accepted I'd fall further and further behind and who cares, it really became liberating. Now I'm getting over the fact that everything that comes out is broken or otherwise unplayable. It's really accelerating the timeline.
    A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Nice post Dutchie! The customer base is finally coming around on the "Free-to-Play" genre. It is and always has been just a matter of time. I think we can all agree that this model had, and still has its purpose. Unfortunately it has morphed into nothing but a big scam at the expense of ACTUAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND RELATIONS. Pretty sure that if you were starting one today that this game would be the poster child for what not to do. Although I do have to hand it to Gree, they have managed to get away with it for years and I would LOVE to know the actual profit margins they have managed in the long haul. Although... a sucker is born every minute.

Hi, I'm Ajk, I'm 21 months clean...
    Nemo me impune Lacessit