DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raid Boss Event will now be referred to as FUBAR

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD NUGGETT View Post
    im right about everything I have said so far. If you don't see it then you shouldn't play this game. It's that simple.
    Big fat wrong! I'm in a well organised 60 members, T150 faction, and even beginneer was impossible. Gree simply screwed-up on that one!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    im right about everything I have said so far. If you don't see it then you shouldn't play this game. It's that simple.
    No you are not...you're a wind up merchant.

Well carry on, not bothered what you say anymore...event is screwed for those of us who dont have the fortune to be in the top factions. That's a fact suck on it.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Exactly Carla. I know we are all gullible, otherwise we wouldn't have stuck with the game this long. But are you all really taking this guys bait? SMH.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the "mega fools". That was actually a leftover fragment from a sentence I deleted about Gree. Coincidentally, however, I do think it's foolish to continue to patronize a business that fails so often. There are stores I don't buy from because the service or product stinks. There are vendors I will not purchase from because they foul up every order. There are restaurants I won't eat at because the food and/or service stinks. So, do I think it's foolish to buy from an obvious mismanaged poor excuse of a professional game designer? Yes. Yes I most certainly do. I use to be one of them. Am I upset that people still do? No. Thats how I play for free. I keep hoping Gree will get their act together and give me a reason to start spending again. But that looks less and less likely with each botched event. And perhaps it is time to walk away. Not being financially invested makes that decision easier.

The "business decision" point refers to Gree's business decision not a player's. It's not wise to cater to big spenders to the complete exclusion of smaller ones. You market to the masses unless you make something really exclusive like a Bentley or Lamborghini. I don't think even the most dedicated here would compare this game to a Lamborghini. A Yugo, Pacer, or Pinto maybe.
    Thanks for clarifing, I agree with everything you said.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Well, that statement is wrong, just like most of your others. It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. One of the reasons were say we play them. We don't play a vacuum cleaner, we use it because it's not much fun.

When you take the fun out of something most people don't want to play it. A game has only one function, to be played. If you can't play it you can't do anything else with it.

Making a game difficult to beat is okay as long as it is done in a way that still makes it possible to win. If you need to gain experience, sharpen your reflexes, learn patterns or even dumb luck (like box events) it's okay, because there is still a path to beating it. But Gree didn't do that.

They made the boss so hard to beat that the only way to beat it was to spend gold. And not just a little of it, they got Greedy. No. CoOrdinated Attack was going to work. No planning was going to help. Once everyone had hit and he still had over half his strength left the writing was on the wall. He escapes in an hour and it takes over an hour to regen. Plain and simple - Gree wanted gold just to beat the first level. They wanted a lot of it to go further.

I'm pushing half a billion in Attack and I'm the middle of the pack in my faction, we have a few over a trillion and we couldn't take one down. As soon as we seen what was going on even the big gold spenders declared no gold use for that event. Gree says it is free to play - that event wasn't.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think the raid boss is finally done right for once. Too many players expect these events to be free or just show up and win. Gree adds a small challenge to the event and the community loses their minds. +1 gree. Finally an event to separate the good and organized and the lazy. Too bad the prizes are so bad that 20 of these events couldn't cause separation. Oh gree
    Here ye! Here ye! It has been decreed that if your opinion differs from this one, you are wrong and should quit the game.

Translation
    If you are only willing to spend a moderate amount, your money is no good here. You are not welcome to play Modern War. If your ambition for the game does not involve being in a tip top faction, there are no events here for you. Please leave. You are considered a beginner and a noob if your a/d is not multi-trillion. We have nothing for you here and your opinion is worthless. Please turn in your account. New players need not apply. You will not qualify to be on a top team nor provided a ladder to climb to eventually join one. This game is full and is not accepting new players. Please delete the app now.

If you believe only extreme spenders AND ultra-dedicated players should be the only ones allowed to play AND that anyone that disagrees with that play-style is "lazy" and wrong AND your a/d is several trillion, welcome to the community. Please have some kool-aid.
    Last edited by CC1; 04-11-2015 at 07:03 AM.
    A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Here ye! Here ye! It has been decreed that if your opinion differs from this one, you are wrong and should quit the game.

Translation
    If you are only willing to spend a moderate amount, your money is no good here. You are not welcome to play Modern War. If your ambition for the game does not involve being in a tip top faction, there are no events here for you. Please leave. You are considered a beginner and a noob if your a/d is not multi-trillion. We have nothing for you here and your opinion is worthless. Please turn in your account. New players need not apply. You will not qualify to be on a top team nor provided a ladder to climb to eventually join one. This game is full and is not accepting new players. Please delete the app now.

If you believe only extreme spenders AND ultra-dedicated players should be the only ones allowed to play AND that anyone that disagrees with that play-style is "lazy" and wrong AND your a/d is several trillion, welcome to the community. Please have some kool-aid.
    There is nothing more needs adding to that. Spot on.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Compliments of Dutchie. Enjoy!!!

A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

Banned
    Post Count
    You are only right in your own world. Everyone has an opinion and no one is really "right". If you believe gree is morally and a good company that is your opinion. In this case you are the minority, if gree was right and a good company you would not see the vast number of complaints about this game. No one thinks we should be able to finish for free. But if factions and players that have been around for 3 years can't beat a beginner boss, the game is obviously flawed. The whales such as yourself if you are one do not provide the most income for this game or any game, it is the majority who just want a pleasing game to play that will spend some money to get ahead. This game you can not get ahead unless you spend tons as this game has now catered to the whales. There will be no reason to be a whale anymore if the majority of small spenders quit. If all the small spenders quit the whales money will be spent in vain to a GREEdy company that doesn't care about the game or it's players but only the revenue coming in.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Well said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    You are only right in your own world. Everyone has an opinion and no one is really "right". If you believe gree is morally and a good company that is your opinion. In this case you are the minority, if gree was right and a good company you would not see the vast number of complaints about this game. No one thinks we should be able to finish for free. But if factions and players that have been around for 3 years can't beat a beginner boss, the game is obviously flawed. The whales such as yourself if you are one do not provide the most income for this game or any game, it is the majority who just want a pleasing game to play that will spend some money to get ahead. This game you can not get ahead unless you spend tons as this game has now catered to the whales. There will be no reason to be a whale anymore if the majority of small spenders quit. If all the small spenders quit the whales money will be spent in vain to a GREEdy company that doesn't care about the game or it's players but only the revenue coming in.
    Some games get better, others get worse. This one gets worse. Even the good ideas are so poorly executed that they turn out bad. How bad is a bad enough to give up what you put all this time into?

Sadly, that it is getting close for me. The game is too unpredictable. What you spend your time doing 1 week is utterly useless the next. Disappointing. I found the game engaging enough, yet simple enough to play without learning an intricate economy, now balancing of the game is so distrorted it might not be worth any time. Certainly isn't worth any money.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    too funny. Event is working as intended. not sure what all th complaining is about. All you had to do was summon like 5000 epic bosses to gain super loot and super health damage to raid boss.

Oh, I guess you guys didn't do that? Bummer. Maybe next round you will see the opportunity and take advantage like some others I've seen. Good luck with your complaints though. I can see this is a good spot to express your concerns as I see thread after thread of mods fixing gamer related issues. Good stuff

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Translation

My mini account has the exact same raid boss damage as my main account. Level 192 / 135b and level 314 and 135b. This problem has almost zero to do with length of time playing and almost everything to do with epic boss loot.

Just know that if you are new, you can EXPECT some events that you cannot finish. Also know it doesn't matter also.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    No worries, Nugget is wrong on this one. No top 150 could complete this event. Some top 10 teams stopped trying. Teams being unorganized or lazy has nothing to do with it. I'm in a top 25 and we have huge stat players and we couldn't do it. We got to 13/15. My PA is 220B and I'm barely in top 10 in my faction.

Also, it's not all about stats. RB is normally a fun event, (which is why we play the game) and if a top 100 can't even kill a beginner boss once it's not fun.
    I am correct. There were many teams that finished. You wouldn't know it because they certainly are not complaining here. Also, it is all about stats. 100% on this event. Wake up

Banned
    Post Count
    I am correct. There were many teams that finished. You wouldn't know it because they certainly are not complaining here. Also, it is all about stats. 100% on this event. Wake up
    Some finished with gold, they couldn't finish without it at least not any top 25 -150 teams. Which was gree intended to suck more out of the whales. We were only able to finish 3 with no gold and we knew it would be pathetic to use gold so we gave up on it and we are top 54-175 depending on the war. The beginner boss was not a beginners boss, you are ignorant if you think it was. I would think if many factions finished this boss so easily we would have more on the forum just like you. But we do not, we see nothing but righteous indignation over a flawed event and an incompetent company. The only thing that keeps this game afloat is the comrade ride in factions.