The point of this game - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The point of this game

Post Count
    Ok seriously? MY post gets deleted but the post I was REPORTING that should receive a lifetime ban is STILL there? I'm just so confused...
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Ok seriously? MY post gets deleted but the post I was REPORTING that should receive a lifetime ban is STILL there? I'm just so confused...
    lol, no doubt! Feeling profiled?

Post Count
    Don't report thru the triangle anymore... It does nothing.
    Relic finally confirmed in a PM that the reporting system is broken.

Too bad, so sad.

The Forum CoC should be updated until it's fixed.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The use of the ** below is against the Code of Conduct! LOCK THIS THREAD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    First, before I say anything, you guys should not be judging our moderation, as seen in the Code of Conduct.

Now, we are not power hungry. We lock and delete what we think is appropriate for taking action. And most of the time, these 'appropriate' threads to delete are NOT gentle kidding. Is 'F**k you GREE' gentle kidding? Is any insult and sarcasm thrown towards GREE gentle kidding? No, probably not, and these things are just not acceptable in this community. That is why we lock and delete the threads we do. However, rivalry and humour is completely fine, as long as it is not taken too far and it creates a flame war. We are all human, and people just need to vent or joke around sometimes. We completely accept that.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Azz is specifically referencing this portion of the COC:

"This forums also uses a language filter to remove words that are considered inappropriate. Such words will be replaced with asterisks (*). Working around the filter, including your own use of asterisks (*) or acronyms is considered swearing and not permitted. Signatures, avatars, titles, usernames, videos, and images must also follow these rules."

Also, noted is that this section of the COC contains the phrase "this forums", which is an atrocity against the rules of English grammar.

Post Count
    Calling the mods out on CoC violations is considered trolling. Don't ask why I know this, I can't tell you without getting an infraction.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Does it lead to double secret probation?

ROAD TRIP!

Post Count
    The fact that this discussion is necessary speaks volumes. Everybody knows that f bombs are pull worthy, this isnt that. People, no customers, are frustrated, and are not getting answers. That is why they are venting here. You are chasing the symptoms, not adressing the problems. I can only guess how many people have quit not only because of bizarre nature of game evolution, but because of the lack of a canvas to air concerns.

This whole thing should be exhibit A in business school in how NOT to handle things.

Post Count
    Maybe it is. Could you imagine a world where Crime City is a large-scale business experiment to test how much abuse you can really put customers through and what percentage will continue to take it over and over? I bet there's valuable data to be mined here.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    sounds fun

Post Count
    we are not power hungry
    lol...................

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Let's not let this conversation devolve to the point where the mods would rightfully lock it; that would be going off topic, since that wasn't my intention.

The increase in moderation has, for the vast majority of instances, been positive; in several instances, they've let minor offenses slide. I want to take this opportunity, Relic, Lolsoes and One Shot, too thank you for that. Realistically, your moderation is far from the Nazi-esque bludgeoning many have accused you of.

The reason I created this thread will be posted at the bottom of this post. While I'm aware that discussing moderator action is against the CoC, I'm hoping the spirit of this post will be understood. I'm not attacking, berating or complaining. I'm just trying to cite an example of the point I made in the original post; an obviously satirical post was taken seriously because we, the members of this forum, have trained the moderators to automatically assume the worst.

Shame on us.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...locked-threads
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    The fact that this discussion is necessary speaks volumes. Everybody knows that f bombs are pull worthy, this isnt that. People, no customers, are frustrated, and are not getting answers. That is why they are venting here. You are chasing the symptoms, not adressing the problems. I can only guess how many people have quit not only because of bizarre nature of game evolution, but because of the lack of a canvas to air concerns.

This whole thing should be exhibit A in business school in how NOT to handle things.
    What the gentleman said.

Is the rule actually that a player may not critique an interactive game?' If so, say that.

Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that linking to a locked thread about locking threads about locked threads will get this thread locked.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    'F**k you GREE'
    Enjoy your ban.