DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The point of this game

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I'm pretty sure that linking to a locked thread about locking threads about locked threads will get this thread locked.
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/27285798.jpg

Still haven't figured out how to add an image without a link. Woe is me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

Post Count
    If you're on a desktop, right-click the image, copy image location, and then use the HTML tags {img} URL {/img} but with actual brackets.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    If you're on a desktop, right-click the image, copy image location, and then use the HTML tags {img} URL {/img} but with actual brackets.
    Well that explains it. Mobile every post.
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Locke View Post
    Well that explains it. Mobile every post.
    You can still sometimes open an image on its own address on mobile devices. If not, then grabbing and uploading to photobucket is the easiest route.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Master of Musings
    Post Count

That was the third image on google search. I see yours was the first one
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that linking to a locked thread about locking threads about locked threads will get this thread locked.

Lurker
    Post Count

The increase in moderation has, for the vast majority of instances, been positive; in several instances, they've let minor offenses slide. I want to take this opportunity, Relic, Lolsoes and One Shot, too thank you for that. Realistically, your moderation is far from the Nazi-esque bludgeoning many have accused you of.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...locked-threads
    Unless someone is wearing an SS uniform and actually bludgeoning you with a truncheon, it's fairly safe to say what you've said, and also entirely beside the point. Other things that are probably true: the moderators are not Martian, genetically mutated fish, or a condominium.

Post Count
    I am reserving judgment on whether the forum is moderated by a condominium complex. The evidence so far is inconclusive.

Edit: before anyone bans me, no, that's not an insult. It's absurd humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    I am reserving judgment on whether the forum is moderated by a condominium complex. The evidence so far is inconclusive.

Edit: before anyone bans me, no, that's not an insult. It's absurd humor.
    And THAT is what our fun posts have resorted to ^^

I have felt the need many times to post "no sarcasm meant" because of this.
    It sucks.
    Line ID: clementine88

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Post Count
    Great original post and it is what it is.

Nothing we can do about it without the thread getting locked.

I guess dead forums are happy forums. Whatever.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I think I may have killed this discussion by placing the blame on us members instead of the mods.

Salient post. Please discuss.

Post Count
    I think I may have killed this discussion by placing the blame on us members instead of the mods.

Salient post. Please discuss.
    Kinda yup.......

Lurker
    Post Count
    Stockholm syndrome. You do what you need to do in order to survive the milieu you've been thrust into; after a couple of years, supposing a weak mind and will, you're Patty Hearst robbing banks for the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Disclaimer: I've exaggerated for humorous effect.

Post Count
    The point of this game isn't to build your stats; it isn't too build your IPH, help your syndicate, or even to get up to 500 henchmen. The point of this game is the same as all games; to have fun.

In my years playing CC, I've ran into hundreds of people, been an officer in five syndicates, organized multi-syndicate jumping, and helped transform a fledgling top 500 syndicate into a solid top 350 without losing more than five members. In all that time, what made everything enjoyable was the people I met. And for the most part, this forum held the same enjoyment; long time posters have become as familiar to me as some of the people I've gotten to know playing CC.

But all that is changing.

Character is being scrubbed from the forum. Overmoderation and premature locking of threads is stifling the very reason CC is so popular; the people. Conversations are stopped for going "off topic" when in reality, they're doing what every single interesting conversation has ever done; evolve. That's what a conversation is, dear mods. It's not a straight, cramped railroad; it's a river, twisting and turning, changing with the contours of the land.

I implore you. Don't destroy this forum. Let us have some enjoyment. After all, this is just a game.
    Personally, I'd like to see this forum become useful like it formerly was. It seems all to frequent these days that it's overrun with trolling, and misinformation. A lot of the real contributors no longer are around, whether not playing or not interested in what the forum has become.