The point of this game - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The point of this game

Lurker
    Post Count
    I believe that most of that kind of general assistance has moved to GroupMe, Line, or Kakao.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJess View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see this forum become useful like it formerly was. It seems all to frequent these days that it's overrun with trolling, and misinformation. A lot of the real contributors no longer are around, whether not playing or not interested in what the forum has become.
    I'm just running with an idea here.. but this might be related. Back a few years ago, this was like a big community; people talked, joked, all that great stuff! Someone came along, sure, we can help.

But now that posters like BigMoney (God rest his soul) are gone and Grim Reaper stopped posting, help is both sporadic and half-hearted.

I'll try and answer more questions from now on. And not just with, "buy more henchmen!" ... Ok, maybe a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Locke View Post
    I'm just running with an idea here.. but this might be related. Back a few years ago, this was like a big community; people talked, joked, all that great stuff! Someone came along, sure, we can help.

But now that posters like BigMoney (God rest his soul) are gone and Grim Reaper stopped posting, help is both sporadic and half-hearted.

I'll try and answer more questions from now on. And not just with, "buy more henchmen!" ... Ok, maybe a little.
    You are sadly correct that much of the community feeling has gone from this forum; that's not to say its gone away completely, as has been said the banter that used to make this place fun to come to has largely migrated to syndicate chat rooms.

I'm not sure it's possible to bring that back now. The whole nature of the game has changed so much since Gree introduced syndicates. Now it's all about competition to see who can win the top prizes and big spenders wanting maximum return on their "investment". Things have got very serious on the surface. Back in the day it was rivalries between player-created and driven gangs - Indians and CK as the obvious one, but also the many others orbiting around them. The so-called neutrals used to pile in as well, but it was all (or mostly all) just banter, and the mods only stepped in very occasionally.

As for the players who worked out how the game functioned, and gave us the Type A & Type B building distinctions, and back engineered the maths so it was possible to calculate the exact cost of upgrades and payouts without having to laboriously go through the upgrades, many of them had retired long before syndicates even came on the scene.

The events we now have have been pretty well mapped out in the past (Bill's epic boss fighting guide still stands for example). SA is different in that there is no one true path, and the ability to farm demons in preparation for making indy goal runs has changed things once more; certainly for those who don't spend much or at all.

Other than A&F we have not been well served by Gree telling players what prizes are in any event; much of what appeared before was players with the knowledge looking behind the scenes at the plist.
    Last edited by sister morphine; 04-10-2015 at 01:00 AM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Locke View Post
    I stopped posting? That's news to me.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJess View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see this forum become useful like it formerly was. It seems all to frequent these days that it's overrun with trolling, and misinformation. A lot of the real contributors no longer are around, whether not playing or not interested in what the forum has become.
    Your nostalgic yearning has touched my soul. Please lead us sheeple back to days gone by....

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    Wait, you're grim reaper??
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Wait, you're grim reaper??
    What's more concerning is he associated me with being helpful, lol

Post Count
    Ok Relic and Lolsies...try to imagine this.

A person comes up with an idea to implement. Its somewhat unique and attracts like minded people. Lets say, a warehouse where people can establish a private area and build a house of cards and it is totally free. It attracts a large number of people who enjoy the time in discussion with each other and the developers, some to the point that they spend money to buy more cards and build bigger houses, and the money spent helps the owner keep the lights on. When the lights go out and the customers mention it and the owner is gracious, helpful and turns the lights back on. Everything is awesome.

A couple years later the owner goes into business with the kid that used to fry frogs with a magnifying glass when he was a kid. This co-owner installs an exhaust fan. About every 6 months the spoiled little killjoy flips a switch that sucks most of the cards out of the room, putting the builders on a more even playing field. It doesn't really matter if player A was a regular and consistent player every day for a long time or how many cards he bought previously. What matters most is if he happened to show up at the time that the exhaust fan was turned off and got a jump on reconstruction. So builders pick up and start all over thinking "this was necessary. I don't understand why but it must have been." 6 months later it happens again, then again, then again. No rationale ever comes from the owners and the builders start to complain to each other, but gag orders come in. Nobody can talk bad about the owners or the warehouse maintenance team. All "polite" complaints are met with the same canned line "we understand your frustration", yet nothing is ever done to address the frustration.

This is exactly what's happened here. You had a product many people liked and supported and had good customer service. After the Funzio/Gree merger, customer service died and every few months you throw the game into turmoil. I remember when my player hit 500k stats. I worked hard to get him there. He was a beast. Then stat inflation made 500k possible in a couple days and my hard earned 500k meant nothing. Then the accomplice fiasco made those stats almost COMPLETELY obsolete. Players didn't like that, so you changed it back and responded with HYPER stat inflation where 500k is possible with a couple bosses.

Your apologies mean nothing guys. You claim to understand but you do not. Your rush to shut down any venting and frustration exacerbates the problem. Would you rather the convo take place here where (God forbid) you might learn something that could help you create a better experience and save your customer base or where it is most likely taking place, away from your forums where people talk about better gaming options? How long will you see your game approval rating drop before you do something about it? I saw your employee satisfaction rating...do you really think that taking your frustration with admin out on customers will HELP your standing with the company? How about try something new...satisfy your CUSTOMERS in spite of your poor working relationship with your bosses...get the game rating up and more revenue in, then see if your relationship with admin changes.

That's the way mature businesses work.

Yes I know. All of the time spent dreaming up the analogy was wasted time. Save your response. It'll sound as sincere as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0EL_u4nvw
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Post Count
    This forum reflects the game. The game used to be simple, and in the forst year, the only event was monthy and it was a simple box event. People discussed strategy, and forms their own gags. There was much to discuss.

Now there is an event or two going on at ALL times, and the events are simple gold grabs. Not much to discuss there. And the game is broken so often, people just trying to get what they paid for dominates the discussion. That and as stated, there is zero helpful feedback from the hosts of this site, so I would have to say that this site is exactly what Gree made it, for better or worse.

Post Count
    Funny story... I was in a syn at one point in time with Grim Reaper...During one of our "off-line" syn chats I started making fun of Captain Torgue - I learned pretty quickly that the two on-line personas are the same person...Ha

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    What's more concerning is he associated me with being helpful, lol
    I envisioned you guys as a yin and yang type of thing; he's useful, you're fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Well stated TheWarthog.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    First, before I say anything, you guys should not be judging our moderation, as seen in the Code of Conduct.

Now, we are not power hungry. We lock and delete what we think is appropriate for taking action. And most of the time, these 'appropriate' threads to delete are NOT gentle kidding. Is 'F**k you GREE' gentle kidding? Is any insult and sarcasm thrown towards GREE gentle kidding? No, probably not, and these things are just not acceptable in this community. That is why we lock and delete the threads we do. However, rivalry and humour is completely fine, as long as it is not taken too far and it creates a flame war. We are all human, and people just need to vent or joke around sometimes. We completely accept that.
    The community seems to think these things are acceptable. This is an online forum for a game, not a presidential dinner with foreign dignitaries. How about letting the community define what the community standards are, rather than you and your heavy handed forum rules (which essentially give you credence to delete any thread posted).

The more threads you lock or moderate, the less you and your team are respected. And you already have a very short distance to fall.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Words of wisdom.

Post Count
    Words of wisdom indeed.

Props