The Return of Full Assault Please

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Full Assault Please

Post Count

The Return of Full Assault Please

This event seems fun again, bring it back please.

WHY I THINK IT SHOULD RETURN

a) Heavily depends on decent to good IPH
    Gives those players who work hard on upgrading cash buildings and obtaining IPH boost an competitive edge
    b) Rewards players who have high level or MAXED Unit Buildings
    Players who took advantage of Tank Glitch and Ship Glitched wont be able to use the cash or valor because they lack the required building levels
    c) Reverses the damage of the Tank/Ship Glitch
    Players spend the money on high end units (if they have required Rank and Building Level) to fight in Full Assault. Damage can be fixed in 2 cycles.
    d) Overall more skillful than Frontline
    e) Forces players to focus on more than just attack
    With the way points work in Full Assault, how unit types are more or less effecting on different nodes, players focus on upgrading unit buildings.

Before any of this, there are things that should be fixed though.

a) Fix the way server sync works
    It takes too long for the server to register deploys. Just do what you are doing with Frontline
    b) Allow us to shortcut 4 Units of our choice for Full Assault
    c) Based on "B", have a better way to sort units that dont take a minute.

Something like Sort Highest attack, lowest attack, non boost highest/lowest attack, not in army
    d) Allow us a check box that say "Don't show message for In-Army Units" Perhaps have one for boost as well.
    e) Remove the X amount of battles for 30 minutes or 1 hour and replace it with a 1 30 minute war.

I feel this is more skillful and allows teams to coordinate accordingly.
    f) Players can put in where they fit in.
    I have an all air army so I would focus on nodes that are air supported. Instead of mineless tapping that is Frontline, players can't dump units on
    any node they like.

Anyway these are my reason. Any feedback would be lovely.
    Last edited by Pidgeot; 04-07-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Post Count
    Shameless bump.

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    Sounds like an awesome idea to me. The first full assault was my favorite event ever in this game. Ya people complained but that's bc their iph sucked or bc it was so hard to find the growlers to send... Bring it back!! Just make it easier to find the cash units bc everyone sends cash units.

Frontline sucks and is the most boring event in this game. Only way to make frontline even remotely interesting is to make the top units cost about 1-5 billion each. Cheapest unit should be 100 million each.

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    I believe the idea for any event is to make it playable for all levels.. winnable to the gold users or extremely active long term players but playable to everyone... the 100b price for any unit would rule out any player below lvl 100 as 99% chance their iph couldn't afford a unit even at 5 billion a piece it would be way to rich for average players.. btw my mini is one of the average my other two ids like you most likely has more money then iknow what to do with it.. but still if newbies cant feel apart of it they wont stick around. thou they shouldn't expect to win it either

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Full assault was horrid n died the death it deserved
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    with point a, not sure if this could attract low iph players.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Full assault was horrid n died the death it deserved
    I agree didn't like :
    Even frontline can be a little rich

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by hoho View Post
    with point a, not sure if this could attract low iph players.
    But low IPH players could still fight but they would strive to get better. They will always have units they can use.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Am jr to MW, who assault who ? ☠.........moo™������

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Low IPH players should just quit now. Saving themselves days of misery!

Post Count
    Actually low IPH players might employ a different strategy if we can actually use that term in the context of this game...

Basically just how useful is cash now, cash units can be lost to attacks and have marginal stats. Buildings porking out high amounts of cash make you a sitting duck unless you want to waste all you time monitoring your base so you don't get raided.

I suppose cash might be useful for FL if you want to play that event and if they cut it back to 30 minutes perhaps it might now be worth it but overall I don't see the use for it. None of my new LLPs have any cash buildings other then the command centre, no defence buildings because they too are worthless or even infirmaries. And now with the crazy stat inflation for RB units I'm rethinking the need for unit buildings as well.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 04-08-2015 at 06:17 AM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    This event seems fun again, bring it back please.

WHY I THINK IT SHOULD RETURN

a) Heavily depends on decent to good IPH
    Gives those players who work hard on upgrading cash buildings and obtaining IPH boost an competitive edge
    b) Rewards players who have high level or MAXED Unit Buildings
    Players who took advantage of Tank Glitch and Ship Glitched wont be able to use the cash or valor because they lack the required building levels
    c) Reverses the damage of the Tank/Ship Glitch
    Players spend the money on high end units (if they have required Rank and Building Level) to fight in Full Assault. Damage can be fixed in 2 cycles.
    d) Overall more skillful than Frontline
    e) Forces players to focus on more than just attack
    With the way points work in Full Assault, how unit types are more or less effecting on different nodes, players focus on upgrading unit buildings.

Before any of this, there are things that should be fixed though.

a) Fix the way server sync works
    It takes too long for the server to register deploys. Just do what you are doing with Frontline
    b) Allow us to shortcut 4 Units of our choice for Full Assault
    c) Based on "B", have a better way to sort units that dont take a minute.

Something like Sort Highest attack, lowest attack, non boost highest/lowest attack, not in army
    d) Allow us a check box that say "Don't show message for In-Army Units" Perhaps have one for boost as well.
    e) Remove the X amount of battles for 30 minutes or 1 hour and replace it with a 1 30 minute war.

I feel this is more skillful and allows teams to coordinate accordingly.
    f) Players can put in where they fit in.
    I have an all air army so I would focus on nodes that are air supported. Instead of mineless tapping that is Frontline, players can't dump units on
    any node they like.

Anyway these are my reason. Any feedback would be lovely.
    Personally I thought FA was a dreadful event and still do.

What are the odds that gree can impliment the complex list of ideas you propose without screwing it up? I certainly don't want another broken event piled on top of other broken events.

Instead I think DEW was correct when he suggested WD 24/7/365, but of course gree need to give the overall event some serious thought in terms of awards but that would give the full on addicts plenty of tapping and those that want to work out strategies time to test them. Plus WD actually seems to one of the few events that isn't screwed up unlike the lockouts experienced by Android players during FL.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Personally I thought FA was a dreadful event and still do.

What are the odds that gree can impliment the complex list of ideas you propose without screwing it up? I certainly don't want another broken event piled on top of other broken events.

Instead I think DEW was correct when he suggested WD 24/7/365, but of course gree need to give the overall event some serious thought in terms of awards but that would give the full on addicts plenty of tapping and those that want to work out strategies time to test them. Plus WD actually seems to one of the few events that isn't screwed up unlike the lockouts experienced by Android players during FL.
    Yeah I do see what you mean. I did not mind FA and the only dreaded part of it to mean was the server response, bad sorting and the annoying popup that warned about in army units. I feel if they clean it up like they did with frontline it can be good, then we can see better leaderboards and more competitive PvP since strategy will be a thing again. Frontline is just boring to me.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Yeah I do see what you mean. I did not mind FA and the only dreaded part of it to mean was the server response, bad sorting and the annoying popup that warned about in army units. I feel if they clean it up like they did with frontline it can be good, then we can see better leaderboards and more competitive PvP since strategy will be a thing again. Frontline is just boring to me.

Good ideas, but zero chance GREE can even come close to getting all that correctly done!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy shags View Post
    Good ideas, but zero chance GREE can even come close to getting all that correctly done!
    I would like to think its hard to mess this up. I mean they already it, just change a few things.