Doublestrike fails simple math

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Doublestrike fails simple math

Lurker
    Post Count

Doublestrike fails simple math

During this WD event, everytime I get a "Doublestrike" the points total is less than 2x the original points. The most recent example was a player I hit that gave 272 points initially, then the Doublestrike animation appeared, the numbers changed, and the total points said 511. Since "double" 272=544, I'd like to know why this is happening. I first noticed the discrepancy yesterday, but it has been going on for the whole WD event, if not longer.

The 2nd issue I have with "Doublestrike) is that it uses two of the four hits when it appears. I may have full health and hit a player in the battle. If the "Doublestrike" occurs, I will only have 2 hits left. That means it isn't a bonus at all. And, considering it shorts points by not doubling them, it's actually a penalty. If I hit a player and earn 272 points, then 4 hits equals 1088. If the first and second hits are double strikes, I earn 511 for each, which equals 1022, and all my hits are gone. I've earned 66 fewer points than I would have without the "bonus".

If Doublestrike worked properly, a hit that earned 272 points would earn 544 points, and the next three hits of 272 would make the total points earned =1366. That means that, in my example, Doublestrike cost me 1360-1055=305 points (1360 =272x5 and 1055= 511 from the Doublestrike that took 2 hits from my health+272+272 for the two hits I had left).

In 30 battles that adds up to 9150, and with 50 players it could amount to as much as 457,500. Please fix this problem, Gree.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Each win against an opponent will score a different amount of wd points. I have seen points as low as 35 and as high as 430 (since wd was first introduced). Even on the same target i have seen a 200+ point spread.

As for using double energy, that has been an issue for a few wd now. it was brought up in a few threads over the last few months with no resolve.
    EZ Brotherhood Officer

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Double strike works. It is two single strike rolls. It is not one roll x 2. Hence the variations.

The reason you go down to half health is you hit a second time before the double strike first registered. The animation could have been improved for sure. But the only people who would really care are top 5 factions as they will be amassing enough % to have it 1 in 3 etc.

Real issue is triple strike. Someone claimed you only get a triple strike opportunity if you already have had a double strike. That makes no sense and surely isn't how bonus was intended. Either way, the game is dying, and all the glitches are meaningless.

Chat in groupme is way down. Wd participation way down overall. Gold free is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Omasbest View Post
    During this WD event, everytime I get a "Doublestrike" the points total is less than 2x the original points. The most recent example was a player I hit that gave 272 points initially, then the Doublestrike animation appeared, the numbers changed, and the total points said 511. Since "double" 272=544, I'd like to know why this is happening. I first noticed the discrepancy yesterday, but it has been going on for the whole WD event, if not longer.

The 2nd issue I have with "Doublestrike) is that it uses two of the four hits when it appears. I may have full health and hit a player in the battle. If the "Doublestrike" occurs, I will only have 2 hits left. That means it isn't a bonus at all. And, considering it shorts points by not doubling them, it's actually a penalty. If I hit a player and earn 272 points, then 4 hits equals 1088. If the first and second hits are double strikes, I earn 511 for each, which equals 1022, and all my hits are gone. I've earned 66 fewer points than I would have without the "bonus".

If Doublestrike worked properly, a hit that earned 272 points would earn 544 points, and the next three hits of 272 would make the total points earned =1366. That means that, in my example, Doublestrike cost me 1360-1055=305 points (1360 =272x5 and 1055= 511 from the Doublestrike that took 2 hits from my health+272+272 for the two hits I had left).

In 30 battles that adds up to 9150, and with 50 players it could amount to as much as 457,500. Please fix this problem, Gree.

Post Count
    half of my double strikes say I lose even though I've had 6 wins in tow and double stats it s greed 1 + 1 = yz2 - 7 xx > 7 - xx<Pye
    485046391 & 565411567

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Stupid GREE MATH Effect!