Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Boss Rewards

Boss Rewards

With my current squad I can get to level 19, but that takes 4 Moral "lives" to defeat the boss to get 2401 points which works out to 600 points per life. Yet I can answer a distress call at level 11 and get 1000 points for 1 life. Surely more points should be available for your own boss victory rather than defeating somebody else's. Or have I missed something?

I think your numbers are off a tiny bit. If you completely kill your own Lvl 19 boss you will get 2800 pts, provided you don't have a CM unit. Boss pts are given out as half for 4 'team stats' and half for actually killing the boss. So if you don't get any of those team stats (MVP, Off MVP, Finisher, Starter) from someone elses boss, then you will get half pts for just killing their boss, which at level 11 is 1000 pts.

So the numbers actually do add up. And yes, they stink when looking at what you need to get some decent rewards.

Yeah the points stink for the current difficulty. If we have to do a grind at least don't make it a difficult one. Either make it difficult with high points or make it easier with low points but having it difficult and low points is just a killer.

The Boss Event has been made so ridiculously difficult in order to force the Big Spenders to splash out even more dosh on buying Morales as they chase each other to win the top prize. This Game is primarily aimed at them now.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanPhalanx View Post
    The Boss Event has been made so ridiculously difficult in order to force the Big Spenders to splash out even more dosh on buying Morales as they chase each other to win the top prize. This Game is primarily aimed at them now.
    Agreed. I would add that where the "Officer" is located in the prize list, anybody that could earn it certainly would be way beyond using any "Rares". Do these folk actually play their own game?

and as long as players keep blindly giving Gree money to be at the top of the leaderboard, Gree will not change a thing. I don't know why anyone would spend real $ on a boss event to win an Epic that will be in the chest in 2 weeks.

we can complain all we want about the Elite units in invasion, or the ridiculous difficulty of the boss, but as long as the top players keep spending nothing will change.

I agree with the above.

The fact is that some players get a bit carried away. They have got to be the very first person ever to own the brand new Epic. I regularly hear of people spending 1,000 dollars in less than 24 hours.

On the other hand, perhaps we should all be very grateful to them. If they weren't spending that sort of money Gree might have shut the Game down by now.

This morning with a full moral and energy stock I defeated all four officers straight off. I then went on to defeat the Boss using 8 moral lives and scored 3,102 for defeating the Boss which equals 387 points per boss life. That was level 22. Last night I was defeating distress call level 11, 12, 13 Boss's for 1,000 points per moral life. My point is that I have no reward incentive to advance my Boss game, it is better for me to concentrate on defeating distress Boss's to gain more overall points and gold keys. Perhaps as "Mercenaries" that is the objective of the game? Surely the main incentive should be your own boss event with more points, then helping out others for less rewards?

CJCJ thanks for your help and advice. KDM2234, are you suggesting you get a new Epic unit every two weeks from Gold chests? I have never got one. Interesting that on the alliance wars some squads had an Epic plus C and UC units, indicating that new users are getting Epics but medium players (myself) are getting no where near them, and the Leaders have squads of fully maxed Epics.

@ Lampuki, no, I am saying why spend $1,000 or more on a Boss event to win the new epic when it will be in the chest in a couple weeks. You can probably get 5 or more Epics by spending $1,000 to open gold chests when it is in there.

When I was new at the game my strategy was to stop with my own boss when it took more than 3 morals. I then just took out distress calls, slowly but surely I progressed in the Boss event and got better units. Saved my keys for the promos, and over time I was able to improve my squad enough to finish the boss event and get the UR units(back when they awarded two).

Now with the more difficult boss, I can get to level 43 with 1 moral. It will be difficult for me to finish the boss if I have to keep going for distress calls soon.

The biggest problem I have is that you need multiple Epics to finish the Boss event now, but the top reward is just 1 UR. It will just sit in storage for me, it will not improve my squad at all. In the past the top reward greatly improved most players squads, Gree needs to seriously think about that. All these top players with squads full of Epics have no incentive to play these events. Eventually they will get bored and stop spending money to finish them.

KDM2234 Thanks for that. Yes going for the distress calla is my strategy now. I'm at Lvl 22 with 3 lvl20 URs so my only hope of progressing is via gold keys the same as you did. It's really a game of patience and arithmetic working out the timings and best returns on lives.

In your opinion which is the best promo to go for? I seem to get the best returns on the Epic promo.

Yeah it has been of off and on more profitable to do your own bosses or poach. When the bosses are harder you just need to poach the lower levels. It gets annoying when you have a squad that can do the 40's in one morale cause then you get to the 50's and 60's and the morale usage goes up exponentially to beat those higher bosses. If I can do 40's in one morale then I want to get to the 80's with 2 morale but it seems to go every other level you need to add another morale to beat it. Then you look to poaching and getting 1,000 points per morale just plain stinks when your bosses are giving you 4-5 times that but you can't take them anymore without using tons of morale. I don't think the balance is really good for anyone right now except maybe the guys with all Epics that could probably beat enough higher up bosses to get all the rewards in 3 morale. Now I pretty much take boss weeks off and do them very casually and then save what enthusiasm I have left for the other events (I actually finished the Invasion for the first time last week). Used to be the other way back when boss battles were good but they just keep slowly killing the event. I'm basically aiming for as many gold keys as I can get cause people still are pulling some good stuff from those. Not me of course since I haven't even got an UR from chests since January but maybe my time will come eventually.

I would only open keys when the Epic promo happens. Getting an Epic would give your squad a huge boost.

That's the only time I open them. Also has a higher chance for UR units and I don't need anymore SR's except I would take two more Daedalus. That thing is my best AA even at level 30 since the Raynin is just way too expensive and too short range so it ends up being at the front instead of the rear and it's just Lenin fodder. Daedalus at least stays behind the Common Interest and my Refusals.