GREE hires a VP of Revenue

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GREE hires a VP of Revenue

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

GREE hires a VP of Revenue

Just this month, GREE put out a press release announcing that they hired a "VP of revenue" with a background in "product optimization" and "behavioral analysis." Do you think this was to improve the game experience or increase player spending?

http://gree-corp.com/press/view/102/...-playing-games

Post Count
    Neither. To put games on the chopping block to reduce costs.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Given their company dose a lot more than just games,read the credits on some of the top rated anime eg. Naruto for one.(Gree is there)
    Maybe this was a position that was needed to keep track of the revenue being brought in from all sources.
    Daily player

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Need a VP of Shaping Events That Make Sense!

This past week's awards have thrown the game into mayhem! Someone concerned with revenue would encourage such foolishness, as it would encourage ridiculous spending.

It does not encourage sensible game play!

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by candii View Post
    Just this month, GREE put out a press release announcing that they hired a "VP of revenue" with a background in "product optimization" and "behavioral analysis." Do you think this was to improve the game experience or increase player spending?

http://gree-corp.com/press/view/102/...-playing-games
    It is sad but if you notice the article, KA is not mentioned at all............they talk about their best games MW, CC and WON...........lol KA is in limbo and soon on the chopping block

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    It is sad but if you notice the article, KA is not mentioned at all............they talk about their best games MW, CC and WON...........lol KA is in limbo and soon on the chopping block
    GREE used to brag about KA. No more.

Lurker
    Post Count
    As much as long time players hate the stat inflation it was by far one of the smartest business decisions for Gree. Not long ago new and non gold players couldn't compete in top factions and now any that want to spend gold can so now those players can move up to a gold faction and compete. So gree has made it possible to get more players would use gold to have the opportunity to do it. Now I don't like it at all and think it sucks but from a business side it was a smart move play for Gree

Consistent Contributor Sandhawk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman 1 View Post
    As much as long time players hate the stat inflation it was by far one of the smartest business decisions for Gree. Not long ago new and non gold players couldn't compete in top factions and now any that want to spend gold can so now those players can move up to a gold faction and compete. So gree has made it possible to get more players would use gold to have the opportunity to do it. Now I don't like it at all and think it sucks but from a business side it was a smart move play for Gree
    You haven't the first clue of what you're talking about.

shill/imposter
    KA - ✠ Southern Dutch Knights 769-614-822
    CC - 🔫 Old Retired Gangsters 980-215-010
    MW - 🌎Maverick 196-547-849

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandhawk View Post
    shill/imposter
    Truth. And it's the saddest thing I've ever seen that Gree feels the need to shill on this forum on a semi-regular basis.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    I'm quite sure that's because all 3 of those games are available on both IOS and Android. That is the biggest reason KA might get chopped, unlike their other games, only 1 platform has the game.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandhawk View Post
    You haven't the first clue of what you're talking about.

shill/imposter
    You obviously have no business sense. Like i said I personally don't like it at all as I've been a gold player myself in a top 10 faction but business wise it makes sense. They got is already hooked now some new player could come in bump his/her stats up for a few weeks and move to a top 50 faction and use gold. Stat inflation bad for long term players yes good for trying to make more money yes. People need to get their head out of the sand and realize it is a business not a game someone just made for everyone's enjoyment. Gree wants as much profit as they can. Hopefully where you work wants more profit too otherwise you will be out of a job soon.

Post Count
    Sandman, you must mean Gems... Gold is in MW & CC; Gems are used in KA.
    I think what you're calling 'gold' is called cash, coins, or money in KA.

Regarding your post about new players gaining the stats to join high-ranking guilds... One of them might use enough gems to join those guilds; I doubt many will.

IMHO, this was GREE's way of getting old accts with tons of regen bonuses to retire and to end sales/transfers of those retiring beast accounts. Nobody will pay real money for a high-level acct when they can make their own low-level beast for free.

Lurker
    Post Count
    No I mean MW. Guys that say were 1-2 bil in stats before eb or RB couldn't go to a upper faction as they wouldn't have any targets in WD. Now if they constantly tapped they are as strong as some of the guys that spent money on there account. So they in turn have a choice move up and spend gold to sustain it or don't.

Consistent Contributor Sandhawk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman 1 View Post
    No I mean MW. Guys that say were 1-2 bil in stats before eb or RB couldn't go to a upper faction as they wouldn't have any targets in WD. Now if they constantly tapped they are as strong as some of the guys that spent money on there account. So they in turn have a choice move up and spend gold to sustain it or don't.
    If gree thinks that players will spend real money (or more money) to maintain the stats they gained from this little "taste", they are sorely mistaken. Some may go for it, most will not.

If they have adopted the dealer mentality of, "Here buddy, the first one's free" it just shows how sick they are in the head.
    KA - ✠ Southern Dutch Knights 769-614-822
    CC - 🔫 Old Retired Gangsters 980-215-010
    MW - 🌎Maverick 196-547-849

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It appears most like they are in a short term mode trying to milk all the money they can.