Epic Boss - a gamechanger but not in a good way - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss - a gamechanger but not in a good way

Post Count
    Unfortunately, there is little chance of any serious damage control, since the company completely disagrees that there has been any damage at all.

This drastic inflation was merely the latest of several rounds in the last 2 yrs. One must assume given the past history there was no mistake in this latest round. Personally, I think it's rather short sighted, but it's what they want to do, and what they continue to do. Many players adapt to the inflation by simply declining to spend money, since the purchase made today will be deprecated to half then a tenth then a hundredth within a few months. Players who simply enjoy the chase will continue to spend.

Post Count
    Make the drops from the bosses not stack...I know it's done with modifiers so they should be able to hotfix it for raw stats on this event. It still gives advantage to lower levels for being able to complete goals but it doesn't ruin the game.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJess View Post
    Unfortunately, there is little chance of any serious damage control, since the company completely disagrees that there has been any damage at all.

This drastic inflation was merely the latest of several rounds in the last 2 yrs. One must assume given the past history there was no mistake in this latest round. Personally, I think it's rather short sighted, but it's what they want to do, and what they continue to do. Many players adapt to the inflation by simply declining to spend money, since the purchase made today will be deprecated to half then a tenth then a hundredth within a few months. Players who simply enjoy the chase will continue to spend.
    It's not so much the inflation as the discrepancy in difficulty that is so upsetting

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    K.

-Don't bash Gree
    Would you please provide clarification on this item? I'm most interested in specific instances of bashing compared to constructive feedback. For future reference, would you also provide specific instances when airing grievances/complaints about glitches in events, events run concurrently, changes in events, and erroneous information provided by Gree employees is considered acceptable? Thank you.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    From my limited perspective, there is a whole lot of Gree bashing going on in this thread. Katie bar the door!! Infractions coming.

Consistent Contributor Heapsofblue's Avatar
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    K.

-Don't bash Gree
    -No flame wars
    -No disrespect towards other members
    -Stay on topic
    -Follow all other rules on the terms and service

That's about it. But honestly, most of you are grown adults, so not sure why these rules would be difficult to follow. Some of the things I've heard on the forums are things that if you did on a job, you would be fired on the spot.
    Yes most of us probably are grown adults...so too I asume are the staff at Gree.
    So why is it we are not given answers?
    Why do we not get straight answers?
    Most games come with a set of rules, in crime city the rules constantly change and players are frustrated. If u bought an appliance and something was wrong..u go into the shop and say this "" product does not work. So the salesman say to u I do not like the way you are speaking about the manufacturer so I will not help you! how would u feel?
    This is the frustration us players face every day yet we aren't allowed to "bash gree"
    Gree must improve its customer relationship skills if they want to keep making money!!

Consistent Contributor PhantomNine's Avatar
    Post Count
    It took me 57 hits to down my level 100 boss (I'm level 267). I can't do the legendary portion because it would cost too much. A team member, was kind enough to point out that he's able to complete both because it'll only take one cash and a free shot to down a boss. I'm very curious as to what Gree's planning to do to rectify this problem. I am one of the longest playing members in CC and my belief that things will change for the better eventually is still strong. I hope things do improve for us ole timers.

Consistent Contributor Killer p's Avatar
    Post Count

That's about it. But honestly, most of you are grown adults, so not sure why these rules would be difficult to follow. Some of the things I've heard on the forums are things that if you did on a job, you would be fired on the spot.
    Sorry but i consider this a game, Should of told me this was a job, I would have worn a tie.

And my thoughts on this event, why wouldn't i quit my 2.5 year old account when the new week old accounts are 3-4 times stronger than me now?
    Gree royally screwed the game up and i don't see a way back from this! Enjoy all the money Ive spent cause you wont get another cent from me!

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Let's keep this thread on topic all. Decent thread started by OP that doesn't deserve a lock!

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaggard View Post
    Congratulations Gree, your stupidity knows no bounds. Just do us all a favor and end the game already. We know you're out of ideas.
    Sorry to break it to you, 1Shot, but this thread's topic is, in fact, bashing Gree. We can either go off topic, or we can keep our posts constructive.

Listen, man, don't take this personally. You're been on this forum longer than most; you know how the community treats the mods, especially the ones who don't give any info to the community. Unfortunately, they don't care you're a volunteer with no inside information. All they know is that they're pissed, the time they put into their stats has all but been wasted, and you just happen to be the only mod showing his face. I feel bad, but that's just the way it is.

Oops! Sorry; just went off topic. Back to Gree's boundless stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    So my take on this. In terms of stat inflation Gree have essentially just reset the game. Every account that started the EB at level 101+ is already dead, they just don't know it yet. EB farming will result in accounts getting close to theoretical maximum raw stats (for the items dropped). 600,000 point items in each class leads to 300m raw stat points with 500 mafia members. So your maximum attack/defence raw stat is going to be what? Gun, Melee, Armour, Explosive, Car = 1.5bn... then it is down to modifiers and bonuses.

In one event Gree has allowed accounts to accumulate I suspect - higher stats that pretty much any (or all but a few) high level accounts. There is no way that a high level account can now pull that back. So those high level account are now defunct. They are just piggy banks for the new swam of accounts coming up. How many high level players created minis for this even if they didn't already have them? How many players now feel like they are effectively starting again with this 'mini' account that could kick their 'main' account's behind?

The truth is main accounts are now the 'old-timer' accounts and the mini accounts are the new main accounts. New events will be geared to these new stats and the old accounts will be increasingly locked out to farm IPH for syndicates that still need bonuses until they get frustrated and fed up at being perpetually robbed by level 40 players. Make no mistakes, the game has been effectively reset.
    Last edited by wibble4321; 03-30-2015 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Poor typing skills

Lurker
    Post Count
    The tiers need to be scrapped to be made fair to all.

A under L100 account should not be able to one hit a L100 and farm every 2 mins from it. The same way a L250 with decent stats shouldn't need a ridiculous amount of cash hits on a L100 to kill it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Let's keep this thread on topic all. Decent thread started by OP that doesn't deserve a lock!
    Would you please address my questions that I posed to you above? The questions are serious and I would like a response. Thank you.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by wibble4321 View Post
    So my take on this. In terms of stat inflation Gree have essentially just reset the game. Every account that started the EB at level 101+ is already dead, they just don't know it yet. EB farming will result in accounts getting close to theoretical maximum raw stats (for the items dropped). 600,000 point items in each class leads to 300m raw stat points with 500 mafia members. So your maximum attack/defence raw stat is going to be what? Gun, Melee, Armour, Explosive, Car = 1.5bn... then it is down to modifiers and bonuses.

In one event Gree has allowed accounts to accumulate I suspect - higher stats that pretty much any (or all but a few) high level accounts. There is no way that a high level account can now pull that back. So those high level account are now defunct. They are just piggy banks for the new swam of accounts coming up. How many high level players created minis for this even if they didn't already have them? How many players now feel like they are effectively starting again with this 'mini' account that could kick their 'main' account's behind?

The truth is main accounts are now the 'old-timer' accounts and the mini accounts are the new main accounts. New events will be geared to these new stats and the old accounts will be increasingly locked out to farm IPH for syndicates that still need bonuses until they get frustrated and fed up at being perpetually robbed by level 40 players. Make no mistakes, the game has been effectively reset.
    You're almost certainly correct. Would be nice to know how much of the minis profile stat is the true "raw" and how much the result of accumulated modifiers. The old top players have got a very large part of their strength from the mods given away over the past two years. I suspect that once the boss killing minis have done the same they will make the current champs look like seven stone weaklings.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Oooooh, I think I get it now...

All of these HUGE mini's are being created to make selling accts unprofitable.
    Why would anybody buy an account from a Top5 retiree when a new mini can beat them?

Well played, GREE!