Epic Boss - a gamechanger but not in a good way - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss - a gamechanger but not in a good way

Post Count
    Could you please define "constructive and friendly" so we can be sure we're following the rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Could you please define "constructive and friendly" so we can be sure we're following the rules?
    K.

-Don't bash Gree
    -No flame wars
    -No disrespect towards other members
    -Stay on topic
    -Follow all other rules on the terms and service

That's about it. But honestly, most of you are grown adults, so not sure why these rules would be difficult to follow. Some of the things I've heard on the forums are things that if you did on a job, you would be fired on the spot.

Post Count
    "Don't bash gree" and "stay on topic" are mutually exclusive. Don't get me wrong... I look forward to all the complaining threads getting closed down.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    I do, I really do understand the anger in the stat inflation this epic boss, but please keep everything constructive and friendly.
    What could we possibly say that would be construed as constructive at this point?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I do, I really do understand the anger in the stat inflation this epic boss, but please keep everything constructive and friendly.
    It's not the inflation so much as the way one group of players have been deliberately favoured, whilst the others have been deliberately disadvantaged.

In MW the inflation was across the board, from the lowest level that can hit the boss right through to level 300, IF the player was active.

The subsequent raid boss event had massively increased health, so those less active players are almost sidelined. If the same thing should happen here the syndicates with a majority of higher levels are going to be disadvantaged once more.

K.

-Don't bash Gree
    -No flame wars
    -No disrespect towards other members
    -Stay on topic
    -Follow all other rules on the terms and service

That's about it. But honestly, most of you are grown adults, so not sure why these rules would be difficult to follow. Some of the things I've heard on the forums are things that if you did on a job, you would be fired on the spot.
    Seeing as it is Gree who are responsible for the design and implementation of this skewed event, does this mean that any criticism is beyond the pale?
    Last edited by sister morphine; 03-29-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Some of the things I've heard on the forums are things that if you did on a job, you would be fired on the spot.
    Since you brought it up, the culprits of some of the issues we continually experience within the game would likewise be fired on the spot at many jobs. Just saying.....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Everything was fine here until you decided to get your post count higher. I don't see any infractions written.

Post Count
    "Don't bash GREE"

Aww. You mods gotta ruin all the fun
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    I would like the accomplice/kingpins reinstalled to thier original purpose

Post Count
    This event is making a lot of people quit already. I wish we could get a direct public response that steps will be taken to ameliorate some of the damage done by this event to high level accounts.

Post Count
    This was deliberate. Nothing will be done. If you like the game make a new account and start farming bosses.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I love tacos View Post
    Everything was fine here until you decided to get your post count higher. I don't see any infractions written.
    Why would I want my post count higherd? And I don't have a reason to give any infractions, yet.

Post Count
    This was deliberate. Nothing will be done. If you like the game make a new account and start farming bosses.
    Not to quote your own signature or anything but... "Dippy may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right..."

Post Count

Epic Blunder - This may well end the EB event

I don't usually comment on game mistakes... its amusing but this event will have lasting effects. It will cripple boss tiers going forward. New mini accounts will end this event capable of 2 shotting an EB that is 2 tiers higher than they are. That means on a go forward basis boss tiers will only punish new players and older accounts. I would love to give GREE some proper advice but i don't see an easy solution to this. Let's look at the problem...

New accounts or mini's are still below level 100 but have attacks approaching 1 Billion. That means that they can finish even today's inflated epic boss health two tiers above where they are for... FREE. Nada. And with 2 days left their stats are going to skyrocket. With one hit boss kills... the only limitation is how much time they can sink in right now. A new boss can be summoned every 3 minutes or less. The stat boost will be well beyond any reasonable corporate assumptions.

So what happens the next time EB rolls around... ouch. They can steamroll it. All existing accounts will not be even close to matching that capability. Even former TAW or SAS accounts that are in the 200's will not be able to keep up. So GREE will face some very tough choices. Do you lower boss health and allow other accounts a chance to put in some time and make it (which will further inflate current mini's) or do you raise boss health to the stratosphere so that even the current mini's that may end with 2 Billion in attack (while being below level 100) start having trouble finishing? It looks to me that this EB event is effectively done because higher boss health on older accounts will cause a mass exodus by existing customers while potential new ones won't be spending anything on their 1 shot kills.

I'm not sure if the company is aware of the psychological impact on loyal customers when they see new accounts with similar or higher stats that have spent nothing on the game. When we look at their fight wins, robs, and realize they have done nothing to earn the stats. Frankly, its a painful experience.

Even though it hasn't been done before, I would strongly recommend that boss health be adjusted immediately. Dramatically drop it for tiers over level 100. Allow players that have been loyal to finish the event and come away with some stat boost that will make them more competitive. When a mini 1 shots a boss with no gold spend or any prior effort to get to that kind of attack power... it ruins the event and damages the game.

This is all about damage control now. I would encourage the company to do something about it immediately.
    Last edited by topkrul; 03-29-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by topkrul View Post
    I don't usually comment on game mistakes... its amusing but this event will have lasting effects. It will cripple boss tiers going forward. New mini accounts will end this event capable of 2 shotting an EB that is 2 tiers higher than they are. That means on a go forward basis boss tiers will only punish new players and older accounts. I would love to give GREE some proper advice but i don't see an easy solution to this. Let's look at the problem...

New accounts or mini's are still below level 100 but have attacks approaching 1 Billion. That means that they can finish even today's inflated epic boss health two tiers above where they are for... FREE. Nada. And with 2 days left their stats are going to skyrocket. With one hit boss kills... the only limitation is how much time they can sink in right now. A new boss can be summoned every 3 minutes or less. The stat boost will be well beyond any reasonable corporate assumptions.

So what happens the next time EB rolls around... ouch. They can steamroll it. All existing accounts will not be even close to matching that capability. Even former TAW or SAS accounts that are in the 200's will not be able to keep up. So GREE will face some very tough choices. Do you lower boss health and allow other accounts a chance to put in some time and make it (which will further inflate current mini's) or do you raise boss health to the stratosphere so that even the current mini's that may end with 2 Billion in attack (while being below level 100) start having trouble finishing? It looks to me that this EB event is effectively done because higher boss health on older accounts will cause a mass exodus by existing customers while potential new ones won't be spending anything on their 1 shot kills.

I'm not sure if the company is aware of the psychological impact on loyal customers when they see new accounts with similar or higher stats that have spent nothing on the game. When we look at their fight wins, robs, and realize they have done nothing to earn the stats. Frankly, its a painful experience.

Even though it hasn't been done before, I would strongly recommend that boss health be adjusted immediately. Dramatically drop it for tiers over level 100. Allow players that have been loyal to finish the event and come away with some stat boost that will make them more competitive. When a mini 1 shots a boss with no gold spend or any prior effort to get to that kind of attack power... it ruins the event and damages the game.

This is all about damage control now. I would encourage the company to do something about it immediately.
    This was a great post! I think they should go even farther than that to fix it though!